Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jon-popcorn_(resized).png
IMG_2590_(resized).JPG
De-Beer_(resized).jpg
005_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201326180_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201319178_HDR_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago

Criticize all you want. Pinballz is a nice location for its community. They have good games in a nice environment.

Pinballz is good people.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Pinballz is not a reseller per se. They are a 'barcade' and the business model of placing these new pins on the floor and pricing them high allows people to play these games until some 'unsophisticated buyer' actually pays the higher than market price. Without this, we would not have such high quality pins to play. Buyer beware certainly applies here, but if there are buyers willing to pay him for these games, what is wrong with that? He is in the business to make money and has found a profitable model. A pure barcade or pure reseller model has such narrow margins that most of these businesses either have to scale greatly to survive/thrive or die a slow death.
I'm just saying, don't troll the poor guy for making a buck.

Exactly this, in the context of what Pinballz is as a business.

Quoted from tacshose:

My problem with $6,495 for a pro is it actually turns people OFF from ever thinking they will buy a pinball machine. Stern provides a warranty and support. He does not say he provides a TNT type warranty or an in home setup and repair warranty, just that he prices pins high.
My point, my friend wanted to buy a pinball machine at Amini's at over retail and decided he just couldn't swing the cash. He heard I had pins and I told him the REAL NIB DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR PRICING, and BOOM he bought a pinball machine.
Correct pricing gets more people in the hobby not less

I get your post, but out of context for Pinballz. It's not retail game store. It's an arcade that will sell you their games if you "must have them". The owner, that I sincerely hope stays out of this thread, explained it to me once when I visited. People would come in and offer to buy the games that weren't for sale. Eventually they would start offering a lot of money. At some point he had to decide at what price it was worth it to sell a game and support it in the community. That number is not the NIB delivered price you get from a distro across the country. Sure, you get a warranty from stern. But just look at all the threads on Pinside about NIB games that were damaged in shipping or had a broken part. There are a lot of people in the world that want to just make one phone call and get all that handled for them.

I see no reason for us to become Pinball social justice warriors for customers that don't feel victimized. Customer service has value.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Everyone knows that the biggest waste of money you can buy is either a new car or jewelery from a jewelery store.

Yes, women hate to receive nice jewelry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nevus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside