Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jon-popcorn_(resized).png
IMG_2590_(resized).JPG
De-Beer_(resized).jpg
005_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201326180_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201319178_HDR_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago

I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP for a car and sure as hell won't on a pinball machine.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

So you never purchase a warranty?

Never.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

So you don't purchase new vehicles?

Rough argument you're trying to make there.

If they are going to charge me 2K over market price for a Pro, they had better be making me breakfast every morning and shoveling my sidewalk in the winter for a year.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, so YOU won't be buying from them, it's a free market.
What do you care of their clientele that does?
It's been made clear in this thread the games are not "priced to sell" but the opposite, "priced to stay". That is their business model. And if the occasional customer walks in and wants that game sitting there, they can have at it.

I don't care, but it is fun to discuss.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

My biggest complaint about Pinballz is that they WON'T, not can't, but WON'T hire a decent maintenence guy; or at least someone to oversee the rest of the guys they let under the glass. I understand the huge mark-up on selling games, I get the rise in cost per game, I understand the business model; but I can't understand their RESISTANCE to hiring qualified, skilled people to maintain and fix their machines. Pinballz Kingdom in Buda suffers even more so from this lack of foresight. I've heard they're looking into starting location number three, in the Austin area again mind you, which is a terrible idea. I loved Pinballz when it first opened, but it has slowly been on a downward spiral in the last 2-3 years. They can't maintain the machines they have and are expanding even more in the crowded market of Austin, TX.

OK, so I am going to pay this company a 2K premium on a Stern Pro and they can't even maintain their own games?

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Its nice to see you're finally coming around. I told my wife at the time, she was not getting a real diamond for her engagement ring. I explained why and she was cool with it. She wasnt familiar with Debeers and how 99% of the value of a diamond is in advertising and paying the Russians not to sell their massive supply on the open market. Diamonds are extremely common. Jewelers can spot the difference between a real diamond and a cubit zirconia because the diamond has many more flaws in them. Debeers could have marketed polished horse poo and established a similar market.

You sound like every girl's dream guy.

#102 8 years ago

I don't disagree with you, but believe most women would be somewhat disappointed.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

For my wifes birthday year before last she had her choice of a ring and bracelet set for $4,200 or an IMVE FOR $4,500...... We still play Iron Man almost every day

Yeah, that is far from the norm.

Most women would say "both" or I'll take the ring and bracelet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/screaming-deal-on-kiss-le-at-pinballz-arcade?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.