Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jon-popcorn_(resized).png
IMG_2590_(resized).JPG
De-Beer_(resized).jpg
005_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201326180_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201319178_HDR_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago

I think that the audience on pinside will never appreciate the fact that a business that offers customer support, brick and mortar stores as well as service should make a profit. Pinsiders have very little idea how much dealers actually make on these games, if they did they would be much more appreciative that there are any dealers still doing shows or maintaining showrooms at their store.

Everyone says that they should get the world because they spent 8k or whatever. When retailers aren't usually even clearing 5%, its pretty sad how people still pile on them. Pinside sucks at appreciating what so many companies do for this hobby. They are not making money off NIB pins, its just the way it is.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP for a car and sure as hell won't on a pinball machine.

So you never purchase a warranty?

#33 8 years ago

So you don't purchase new vehicles?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yes, women hate to receive nice jewelry.

That and I'll never not purchase a vehicle new. Nothing better than a new vehicle, zero maintenance or reliability issues and they drive so well. Worth the cash in depreciation with out question.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The average vehicle after 3 years of ownership has only 58% of it's True Market Value left.
If you figure that the average new vehicle is $30,000 right now, that's about $4200 a year in depreciation.

I've never taken a hit that large on a car, last two vehicles, two years of driving, 25% price off of what I paid. The two year cycle works well.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

bullshit. I've bought plenty of cars off of front lawns that were 10 years old and didnt' need shit. But I save 20k-40k right off the bat. You ever going to spend 40k in parts to maintain a car? Nope. Just a bad investment all around. And unless you total the car, after 5-7 years, if you sell it, you usually get half your money back. With a new car, after 5-7 years, you will be lucky to get 20% of what you paid back. Most people I know that have car loans, owe more on the car than what they could sell it for. Depreciates faster than they can pay it off.
As for jewelery, it's not about the girls that like it, it's about what you buy it for from the store, and turnaround and try and sell it. Buy a wedding ring for 3k. Try to sell it on ebay and you will be lucky to get $300 for the exact same ring.

It's okay if people put different values in vehicles, but I personally would never want to drive around a vehicle more than 3 years old unless it was a classic. The 25 or so percent I lose, worth every penny to me.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That would be an amazing number, as Edmond always shows that most vehicles lose 20% True Market Value in the first year alone.
But even assuming you somehow bought a very "in demand" average priced $30,000 car, that would be a depreciation loss of $3800 per year; still a very substantial number.
-

Not really, that's a low cost to have a new vehicle. The last few vehicles I purchase (Audi and Cadillac) both have held their values this well. My loss is actually more than 3800 per year on the car, but I enjoy my vehicles. I used to be on your side of the argument until I started purchasing new, I'll never go back.

#72 8 years ago

As for jewelry, any diamond I have ever purchased has held or increased in value. Generally anything "costume" or small inexpensive jewelry does lose value. Again it's all about quality and if you purchase quality stuff you should have no problem selling it.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Jewelry stores never buy diamonds (they only let you "trade" them towards more expensive diamonds).
My client that owns a high end (appointment only) jewelry store says that all the stones in the shop are on some kind of consignment from the wholesaler, so he never buys stones outright from customers. He says no store does, not even for 50% of wholesale.
Pawn shops obviously will loan you money against your diamond at 30% weekly interest, but they won't outright pay anything for them.
Where does a person sell an expensive diamond, Craigslist?

I've always sold back to the jeweler, but I have to upgrade at that time or purchase something that is generally 50% more expensive than the last time. The other option I have always had is putting it consignment at the jewelers, they usually sell quick.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hey, you don't have to defend your purchase decisions to me.
I hate cars.
They are fragile, pieces of crap. and if they are BMW M5 like mine, then they spend way more time at the dealer than on the road.
Around the holidays when parking is scarce, I never fail to key up any car that is taking up 2 parking spaces because the owner thinks it's special.

I've been lucky. All I have had to do with the last half dozen new cars is oil.

Classic car on the other hand is in the shop more than not. I have been toying with a used sports car, but given my past history with used cars and the maintenance involved, I am really shy of going used. Especially with anything that is sports or exotic.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Funniest thing I've heard in awhile. Thanks for the laugh. Diamonds are worthless and very common. Try to sell outright to a jeweler and see what happens.
» YouTube video

I have, they purchase it.

#87 8 years ago

Hellcat and gt500 over msrp

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

So, you can't see that you are being ripped off both ways?

Any stone I trade in I get 110% of what I paid, if I double the price of the previous. 100% of what I paid if I increase the stone by 50%, and minimum 90% of paid price if I ever want to get rid of any.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

So, you can't see that you are being ripped off both ways?

It's jewelry, no matter what you do your getting ripped off. It's a stone found in the ground, I don't place much value on it, but if it makes someone happy, it worth the money. It's funny how judgemental pinsiders can be toward any other purchases, yet they make frivolous, wasteful purchases all the time.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think they are only being "judgmental" because you are telling people to buy Diamonds; and that they should have no problem selling them after they increase in value.
Everyone knows "You can't sell a diamond".
No one will buy them for even 20% of their "value".
The JA says that the average consignment rate for a high end item is 40-50% at a jewelry store, so you are not going to get any kind of return on your "investment".

I never said for them to buy diamonds, I just said I have never had an issue getting rid of them. The few times I have consigned items it has been at 10%.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/screaming-deal-on-kiss-le-at-pinballz-arcade?tu=inhomearcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.