Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jon-popcorn_(resized).png
IMG_2590_(resized).JPG
De-Beer_(resized).jpg
005_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201326180_(resized).jpg
IMG_20151222_201319178_HDR_(resized).jpg

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You sound like every girl's dream guy.

Yup. I made her watch the movie Blood Diamond too. Its just something Im very strongly against.

#102 4 years ago

I don't disagree with you, but believe most women would be somewhat disappointed.

#103 4 years ago

Diarrhea on them

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't disagree with you, but believe most women would be somewhat disappointed.

Its pretty much the only thing Ive said no to. She got a nice pearl based ring(which is what most engagement rings were before the Debeers campaign. And no it wasnt 2 months salary like they suggest in their commercials. I put that toward the 20% down on the house that she wanted.

#105 4 years ago

Man, I've been especially negative lately. I'm gonna have to work on that. Damn housing market is about to tank now I'm sure. Serenity Now!!!

#106 4 years ago

Whenever there's a DeBeers ad campaign in the airline magazines; I always modify the ads that state "Is two months salary too much for something that lasts forever"? With a sharpie and add quotation markets around the word "forever" and write a large "YES" across the ad.

That said , MsBally has a nice diamond.

#107 4 years ago

Congrats on the house - that's absolutely the best thing financially you can do at this point. It shows you have a good financial head on you.
But somethings that look good on paper don't always pan out to be best. Buy the girl a diamond - it doesn't have to be expensive. Try Blue Diamond online.
It's what she really wants but she's not telling you as she wants a husband more. It would make her very happy and that should be your ultimate goal. And you can still keep the house.

#108 4 years ago

For my wifes birthday year before last she had her choice of a ring and bracelet set for $4,200 or an IMVE FOR $4,500...... We still play Iron Man almost every day

005_(resized).jpg

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

For my wifes birthday year before last she had her choice of a ring and bracelet set for $4,200 or an IMVE FOR $4,500...... We still play Iron Man almost every day

Yeah, that is far from the norm.

Most women would say "both" or I'll take the ring and bracelet.

#110 4 years ago

Hey is this "Screaming Deal" still available?

#111 4 years ago

I'll sell you a kiss pro for 2 over market if you're still interested

#112 4 years ago

Assuming you are not the family prick, you can get all the big diamonds you want for free.

Every old woman who ever had 2 nickels to rub together, has a bunch of diamonds sitting in the safe-deposit box. She is never going to wear them or even look at them.

I inherited a bunch of Russian diamonds that my dad used to bring back for my mother, plus my mom's sister's stash of diamonds, too. There is no way to sell them, as no one will buy them (Even a 2.3 karat with an appraised value of $20,000 - no jeweler will give me $4,000 for it (the more valuable the stone, the LESS likely you will find someone to buy it)).

So, every time someone in the family is getting engaged, I always quietly offer up a big stone they can get reset into whatever setting they want.

-

De-Beer_(resized).jpg

#113 4 years ago

Fwiw, I've been to Pinballz this last summer. A majority of the games were in acceptable, playable, clean condition. Try playing location games here in the Detroit area. You're lucky if you put a dollar in and the flippers work.
*looking at you, "Galaxy pinball" thief*

#114 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So, every time someone in the family is getting engaged, I always quietly offer up a big stone they can get reset into whatever they want

That's nice of you. If I ever get married I'm hitting you up first before ring shopping

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballz:

Thanks for all the comments good and bad about Pinballz. All feedback is valuable. Did want to make a couple clarifications (which I am sure will be disputed):
Game Pricing – thread responses say it all – buying from a brick and mortar with support costs more than buying over eBay/Amazon and supporting it yourself. And try finding a good pinball tech to repair your pinball in Austin (or most cities for that matter) and at a fair price… most home users value support and will pay more for it. The Pro price of $6495 is not $2000 overpriced, but it is $1000 over the lowest price on eBay. IF the customer wants to pay that price it’s a full customer service sale, and of course Pinside is not our target buyer. Almost everyone knows and buys off eBay now, so if they want it cheaper that way they can always go there and buy it. And one post was correct – there are issues with any fresh NIB pin… Plus selling games helps us continually turn over inventory and offer new and rare pins – good for our customers!
Pin availability – our objective is 95% availability measured daily (no more than 7 pins down at both locations). We averaged 96.5% overall this year, lower on Sunday after a busy weekend, higher during the week. Any game with a serious problem like a bum flipper or non-make multiball goes out of operation until fixed. Sure there will be some minor issues here and there we won’t catch until we do our monthly game checks (unless a customer tells us – please do if you find one). We are proud of our game quality, and believe the 95% should be the standard of any arcade, and we have over 250 games in ours.
Techs – We employ a ton of techs but we always could use more. We are constantly hiring. Now we’ve also hired and let go of many unqualified techs (there are lots of techs that think they know pin repair but do more damage than good). We support over 150 operating pins plus customers, along with a warehouse of pins ready to repair. If you like Austin and want a pin repair job with great pay and benefits contact us! We will hire ANY qualified candidate and keep you very busy.
3rd location in Austin – yes – north Austin opening early 2016. Format more like the Kingdom (F&B, attractions) than our first location (pinball mecca and BYOB) with some really cool indoor attractions. And yes the entertainment market in Austin is huge and growing. Other Texas cities in 2016??? That’s another thread.

Open a location in San Antonio pretty please!

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Assuming you are not the family prick, you can get all the big diamonds you want for free.
Every old woman who ever had 2 nickels to rub together, has a bunch of diamonds sitting in the safe-deposit box. She is never going to wear them or even look at them.
I inherited a bunch of Russian diamonds that my dad used to bring back for my mother, plus my mom's sister's stash of diamonds, too. There is no way to sell them, as no one will buy them (Even a 2.3 karat with an appraised value of $20,000 - no jeweler will give me $4,000 for it (the more valuable the stone, the LESS likely you will find someone to buy it)).
So, every time someone in the family is getting engaged, I always quietly offer up a big stone they can get reset into whatever they want.
-
De-Beer_(resized).jpg

We found the most pist off Dallas Stripper and bought one from her ; she had just got from "Daddy". Unreal deal after we met her at a gemologist.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

005_(resized).jpg

I still have mine. The IMVE was a great deal. Thanks...Trent.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

We found the most pist off Dallas Stripper and bought one from her ; she had just got from "Daddy".

I want my stone back!

--Jeff

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I want my stone back!
--Jeff

i want my Dallas Stripper back !

#120 4 years ago

Darrin - If you are still reading this thread (doubt you are) but PLEASE level TWD Pro and KISS LE. They are unplayable still as they lean so far to the right. I told a worker about it last week and went to play again last night and they were both the same. My wife and I both told a worker about it again. Hopefully they get fixed this time

#121 4 years ago

You cant just get under there and raise it up?

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly.

That's what those Dollar Saver Magazines are for by the front door.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was going to do that but figured they would get pissed I was messing with their machine, even if it was to just level it.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I was going to do that but figured they would get pissed I was messing with their machine, even if it was to just level it.

yeah... they don't really like people messing with their equipment.
seen a lot of hands get slapped there in the past.

#125 4 years ago

I always level out a machine if it's not setup right on location. Get your knee under there and just lift it enough to twirl the footie. act like you are tying your shoe if need be.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Darrin - If you are still reading this thread (doubt you are) but PLEASE level TWD Pro and KISS LE. They are unplayable still as they lean so far to the right.

I wouldn't say they're unplayable. I just put 290 million on TWD last weekend.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah... they don't really like people messing with their equipment.
seen a lot of hands get slapped there in the past.

Uff, ops that don't pay attention to their games and get pissed when other people do. I hate shitty people like that. Anyway, I would still crawl under there and deal with it myself.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I have, they purchase it.

Yeah but have you tried you hand at franklin mint collector plates and hummels and VHS tapes???!!! NEVER buy those new!!

#129 4 years ago

I am not a fan of Pinballz, but for an entirely different reason. Their damn tokens end up in my arcade from time to time.

IMG_2590_(resized).JPG

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am not a fan of Pinballz, but for an entirely different reason. Their damn tokens end up in my arcade from time to time.

IMG_2590_(resized).JPG

in Ohio ?

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I wouldn't say they're unplayable. I just put 290 million on TWD last weekend.

Then let me re-phrase. Un-enjoyable, to play. Needs to be leveled and if you played it that long I'm assuming you have to have noticed it leaning pretty bad. All their other games are pretty good. Just those two.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Then let me re-phrase. Un-enjoyable, to play. Needs to be leveled and if you played it that long I'm assuming you have to have noticed it leaning pretty bad. All their other games are pretty good. Just those two.

I didn't notice anything weird about the slope, the drop targets aren't always dropping and the head is not the most sensitive, but lean-wise it seemed fine, at least on that day. KISS I didn't play.

There have definitely been times that I've gone and a number of the machines have been obviously mis-leveled, though, I'm pretty sure there's some regular that screws with them because they think it makes the games easier or something. It's always the front right leveler that's off, I really doubt it's a tech. That's probably what you ran into. The games rarely stay like that from what I've seen.

It's not usually too bad, but if you *really* want a machine re-leveled, just screw the leveler further in the opposite direction until the game starts getting wobbly and then tell the staff. That they'll take care of immediately. I've never done it and don't really recommend it but when games have been wobbly someone went out and fixed it ASAP. The couple times I've reported a game being really off-level it was fixed the next time I came in, so there's also that approach.

Also, you should come out to league sometime!

#133 4 years ago

yuuuuuup, gotta whole bag of em

#134 4 years ago

yuuuuuup, gotta whole bag of em

well... if ya come to TPF in march 2016, i'll buy them from ya

#135 4 years ago

IMG_2590_(resized).JPG

Looks like someone who works at Osborne Coinage/Tokens Direct pilfered a bunch and either spends them at your place or fenced them. They're local to you.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Looks like someone who works at Osborne Coinage/Tokens Direct pilfered a bunch and either spends them at your place or fenced them. They're local to you.

ohhhh snap, we got some fresh drama on our hands.
Get the torches, we're headin' to Osborne Coinage !!

jon-popcorn_(resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside