3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cottonm4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Just received a NIB Stern and it has a few small light scratches on the inside of the glass. What should I do?

#2 3 years ago

Play the game irregardless of scratches.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from e4wesley:

Just received a NIB Stern and it has a few small light scratches on the inside of the glass. What should I do?

Get a new glass made from the glass company near you, its cheap.

#4 3 years ago

Clearly its ruined. Better sell it.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from e4wesley:

If it’s just the glass scratched that’s not too bad, $40 or $50 for a new sheet these days I think. If it’s pretty bad you could call your distributor and ask them to hook you up with a sheet (they should get it cheap in bulk) - kind of a judgment call I’d you feel like going back to them on something like this. Or try the TX thread and someone may be able to recommend a source in Houston, there must be several good options in a city that size.

#6 3 years ago

take it back
    obviously you have a Friday afternoon build, these are notorious for faults and flaws
    you have only noticed the glass, by the end of the month you will find the fuses blowing and paint chipping off the legs

#7 3 years ago

Are the scratches from sliding the glass out with the door open?

#8 3 years ago

Are the scratches visible and a distraction when you are playing a game? Or are they a serious annoyance?

Where are the scratches in relation to the space between the flippers?

Are the scratches visible to the eye when you are standing idly in front of the pin?
    or
    Are you leaning closer in to have a more detailed look?

Is it anti-reflective anti-glare glass?

If you have to pay to fix it, how much would you be willing to spend? Try to quantify the "unquantifiable hassle factor" in your equation, also.

Is a new player to this pin going to notice these scratches? What about a possible buyer, sometime in the future?

You will find your solution somewhere in this group of questions.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scratches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.