Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riptor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Finished17.jpg
    Finished18.jpg
    Finished16.jpg
    Finished15.jpg
    DSC04588.jpg
    Dsc04549.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebulon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 8 years ago

I'd say go for it myself.

Regardless of what others think, I'm all for someone getting adventurous with their hobby; it's not always about the investment/return. Sure it could be a money pit but if you're having fun and trying something new who cares?

Sometimes it does make sense to spend more and create as affordability allows rather than try and save the funds in the hopes that someday you have accumulated enough to purchase a used machine with what someone else thinks is an awesome improvement at whatever the inflated price of the machine is at that time. I'd never have owned a Harley if I had to save for one, but the one I built piece by piece was an enjoyable experience and truly mine by the time it was done. When I eventually sold it I got nowhere near what I put into it, but I couldn't begin to put a dollar value to the fun that experience brought me.

Hobbies are about exploring and enjoying, and if you think you can achieve the end result and be happy with the journey then why not? My only suggestion (and it is just that, a suggestion) would be to exercise the obvious and research the heck out of it to avoid potentially getting frustrated with it and stopping at some point. Hopefully it won't happen but if it should, there is a vast number of those on here that you can draw upon for support and assistance.

I often wonder at times about the direction this site seems to be going, and refrain from posting often because of that.....it is still a hobby, not a mutual fund for subsidizing/funding your eventual retirement. Have fun with it....

Just my .02 for what it's worth...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zebulon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scratch-rebuild-of-a-pinball?tu=zebulon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.