Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riptor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Finished17.jpg
    Finished18.jpg
    Finished16.jpg
    Finished15.jpg
    DSC04588.jpg
    Dsc04549.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riptor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago

Im doing a KISS right now. I started with a completely trashed machine and when its done about 80% wont be original parts. Its all done except for the playfield. I had a setback on that when my clearcoat decided to solvent pop and left it full of air bubbles. So back out to the garage and hope I can get all this clear off without damaging the art.
    Here is a pic of my home built lower cab. The head is original but had a ton of work done to it.

Dsc04549.jpgDsc04549.jpg

#37 8 years ago

Here is a shot of the worst area. I ended up stripping the entire playfield and starting from scratch. The sad part is this was smooth as glass several hours after I sprayed it. The next day I went to check on it and that is what I had.
    I got in a hurry and sprayed the last coat entirely too thick instead of doing a few thinner coats.

DSC04588.jpgDSC04588.jpg

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Ouch, sorry man. So you think the clear was just too thick that caused it?

Pretty sure. Once the top flashed over there was nowhere for the solvent to escape.

1 month later
    #41 8 years ago

Its all finished after having to strip the playfield and install a new overlay after a clearcoat mishap. Worked out great the second time around. Here are a few pictures of the finished product. Just a recap, the lower cab is all hand built with the exception of the head mount. I reused that since it was in good shape, the rest of the cab was rotted. The head is original although it also has a ton of work into it. The entire back panel has been replaced. The machine has all its original boards except the mpu. All of the coils were original Bally and none appeared to have been replaced. All in all this machine appeared to have very low plays on it before some dumb ass put it outside with a tarp on it for a couple years.

Finished15.jpgFinished15.jpg

Finished16.jpgFinished16.jpg

Finished18.jpgFinished18.jpg

Finished17.jpgFinished17.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider riptor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scratch-rebuild-of-a-pinball?tu=riptor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.