Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riptor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Finished17.jpg
    Finished18.jpg
    Finished16.jpg
    Finished15.jpg
    DSC04588.jpg
    Dsc04549.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider admiral688.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Has anyone here tried a complete recreation of a hard to obtain pinball?

#4 8 years ago

By from scratch I was referring to getting the schematics and guides of the machine in question and just building a bill of materials to get the parts necessary and piecing it together. I know this is probably doing it the hard way, but I've had to do that with some of my vector arcade collection pieces. Its got to be better then just knocking around on a virtual pinball table.

#7 8 years ago

Well, it will be one of three.......Addams Family, Twilight Zone or Funhouse.

I'm a network engineer by profession and refurbish and rebuild arcade games, so the technical stuff is all cake.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

I did a thought experiment on this with Cactus Canyon. If I could find the train and the mine I think it could be done.

I was thinking the same way. I'd think perhaps 3d printing of the object in question?

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

any of those 3 games are widely available. Some of the most produced games made. You would be invested more trying to piece one together, than to just buy one, and that's if you value your time at $0 per hour. Now if you are trying to build something like Krull. I'm listening.

I'm just kicking around the ideas at this point. I know in the arcade world I can reproduce a game if I cant find an original reasonably priced with relative ease if you try, and yes, the sum of those parts are probably the cost of a fairly reconditioned game +25%

I didnt know if aftermarket pinball parts/boards kept parity. I noticed a youtube post of someone using a Raspberry Pi to control an Addams and the board he was controlling looked like a universal replacement for any pin which could be programmed with any available ROMs (cant think of the name of the board off hand). Using this information, I figured there may be folks doing this and I just was unaware or not looking in the right place.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

I don't think it would make sense to build any of these titles versus buying. Just not cost effective.
    Also networking and arcade games have little to do with what you're proposing. It's mostly just a scavenger hunt for thousands of doodads and widgets. I wouldn't try it without a being in a group like the MM guys did.

My point was I'm technical enough to understand the hard details

Anyone have any good tech doc sites for pins....like schematics etc?

#31 8 years ago

I agree. I am surprised there is not an active 'kit' market for remakes. I actually played a Midevil Madness today and honestly I would prefer TAF or TZ. I cant drop the cost of that one at this time so I was looking to pick it off part by part

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider admiral688.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scratch-rebuild-of-a-pinball?tu=admiral688 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.