(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The P3 is for me, and so is any game Scott designs for it

Word. Weird Al still getting daily play. It used to be Heist, which is now sitting lonely in its box

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Claires-dad:

Agreed. I'm not a Weird Al superfan but the game is great - it's by far the most fun I've had with a pinball game in a long time. Heist still gets a lot of play, as does RITR, and I even went back to Lexi for a while and had fun with that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Scott comes up with - it's a great platform for creativity.

Lexy is great fun; the shots are excellent, and it’s
a great shooting game. I’d probably switch out games more frequently but the gameroom is pretty cramped right now

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Floating mechs would do it...just sayin'

We might see the floating pop bumper finally
Edit: just saw the post above. What he said!

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is getting a little weird. So look, I'm just going to say it. Scott showed me the theme already. I don't want people harassing him, so I'm just going to rip the band-aid off and leak it. He'll forgive me hopefully by the end of May when I go out to see him after he realizes I'm doing this to protect his sanity.
It's a sequel to Heist. It's called Heist 2: Rampage.
A rival crew of thieves has stolen all of the ramps. Every vacuum form, every metal ramp, ever habit rail. Pinball is rampless again, and every game is going to look like TNA. It's a reverse heist (so Danesi, always gotta walk his own path) you have to steal all the ramps back, and save the future of pinball flow.
He teased this years ago btw, you might have seen him in a No Ramps! sweatshirt. That was the easter egg for this game.

Lol!

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:I don't want to be a negative Nancy, and I'm all for virtual pinball integration, but P3 doesn't interest me at all. But what the hell do I know, it seems moderately successfully.
I do follow with interest what they come up with though. There's certainly a lot of creativity in the team.

It sounds like maybe you haven’t played one. ? If not, give it a try and then decide. It’s not for everybody. But you are right about the creativity. It doesn’t really resemble virtual pinball in ANY way other than the fact there’s a screen involved - real ball, real mechs, real rules, real time. Even beyond the ball detection on the playfield, there are rules and modes I’ve never seen on any other machine, and there’s plenty of familiar stuff so one can pick up the rules quickly

1 week later
#79 1 year ago

This is a really bad ass team! Wow

And as usual the Multimorphic hints will have absolutely nothing to do with the final game! LOL I'm betting it's all about pogs

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s a wonder that P3 has not taken off so I’m just not sure, if it’s bad or good because I never see them. Never on location, I’d be worried about selling my P3 if I had to. I know with Stern or JJP or CGC games they have a resale market. But P3 I’m not sure about because it’s so rare. Imo P3 should work with location to get them on the floor. Even if it was a cut price or a lease whatever but I’ve got so many locations that get all the new stuff even Spooky, AP and Dutch but never a P3.
I’d wish Scott and Bowens were more of a design studio and then Spooky or Stern or whoever could build the game.
But I’m curious to see what it is, just wish it was a more mainstream pin or that P3 were on location to play first.

I don't know if many locations have picked up a P3 yet, but a lot are definitely going to home users. I've never seen one on location either, but they are out there. It will change as more of them go out. Their production and sales have gone up SO much since WeirdAl was released, they'll start to be seen more and more

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

It just feels off to me. The bright lower screen is distracting and just feels like half a game to me. I typically like games with shots in back but geometry, videos, theme, and overall gameplay fall flat. I am diving in deep to virtual and I am loving it-apples and oranges but hybrids are like red headed step children for me.

I really don't understand this mindset, but it's none of my business! You're perfectly allowed to dislike it as much as you want. I'd encourage you to try it again some time if you see one on location at some point -

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Years later P3 comes along with the same idea but uses the whole playfield as the screen, instead of the small LCD screen seen in virtual pinball.
But the issue has always been that the screen does not create any physical interaction with the ball, so hitting things on a screen will never be as much fun as hitting a physical target.

None of the recent games work like this except for in small instances like collecting money in Heist, or the Germs section of Weird Al. Your post implies that this is 95% of the game, but this is not the case at all. Weird Al (and Heist, for that matter) have the same number or more mechs, ramps and things to actually hit than the last couple of Sterns

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Instead, say "you played the old stuff, and yeah it wasn't that great if we're being honest, but you should really try Weird Al, I think you might feel differently now".
And I do want to try Weird Al, and I will give it another chance. But bitching that I didn't think Lexy was fun or that the cannon shooting thing was dumb or whatever else isn't going to do anything for the platform or the conversation.

Weird Al really is a dramatic leap forward - it's even better than the previous game "Heist", which IMO is also pretty damn good. It is light years past what the first handful of games provided. I think Lexy is really fun, I love the ramp shots for example - but not everybody is going to like EVERY game. I think one of the challenges of this platform is that if one doesn't like the P3 game they played, it's easy to write off the whole idea, because every other time it's "I didn't like Godzilla; Bond didnt' connect with me; Halloween is a weird layout", and you move onto another game.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've never seen such a deep lineup sitting on the shelf before. I've only ever played WAMONH but am waiting on my CCR and Heist module. How would you rank them? Im guessing (based off of streams) I'd rank them:
1. Weird AL
2. Cosmic Cart / Sorcerer's Apprentice
3. Heist
4. Lexy
5. Drained
6. Cannon Lagoon
Danesi's game will likely be in that top 3 for me, but I atleast gotta see it!
How do you rank them?

This is going to be interesting! For me, it's:

1) Al
2) Heist
3) Lexy
4) CL
5) CCR / Sorceror's
(I haven't played Drained in person yet, but if I had to guess it will be somewhere between Heist and Lexy)

I can not put my finger on it, but I just do not like the CCR playfield. Sorceror's Apprentice is pretty damn great as an RPG type game on a pinball platform, but I just get so frustrated with the playfield I never play it. I think I'm one of the few that feels this way, which makes me wonder if it's some sort of setup issue. But I really can't stand it

#159 1 year ago

Danesi says he's getting a second P3... Wonder if this means head to head play on his new module will be possible?
[quoted image]

Multimorphic does already have the “Heads up!” Game which is really fun; I wish it was somehow possible to do internet head to head games, but honestly it’s way more fun when you’re right next to someone

#171 1 year ago

When do you guys think we will see this game? Friday? Texas Pinball Festival? February 29th?

MM doesn’t do long drawn out releases - it won’t be long. TPF maybe

1 week later
#272 1 year ago

Very impressive! This might be the best reveal video I've ever seen. Music fits the theme, obviously!

Don't forget us early adopters, guys - hopefully our machines will still work for all this!

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

I might be biased, but i'm pretty partial to the Weird Al reveal video

LOL That was pretty darn good too!

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

weird al has a 12 month wait. How in the world is multimorphic releasing new games now? They cant possibly make new modules. Scott was stupid to align himself with gerry and P3. Scott will be lucky to sell 100 of these.

You should probably stop with this since literally everyone else on this thread knows the truth, knows what you did, and can read. Have another 6 pack

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

n/m read a bit further up.
With Weird Al and now this I'm seriously considering getting one...still a pricey endeavor though.

This is the most hilarious comment on Pinside today. That is, unless you don’t already own one. Then it just comes across … just get one dude

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would be, if I ever paid or had the desire to pay over 10k for a pinball machine.

I think my comment didn’t come off right. How bout this: it’s worth the investment as soon as there’s 2 good games.! Wait, weird al, Drained, Heist, RitR, ROCs…

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Agree as I should be getting my Weird Al in April and while I welcome all the innovations and different styles of gameplay from traditional like Heist to the uniqueness of CCR, I’m glad Scott specifically did the static inserts on the screen to help those that are still doubtful on the P3.
One of the only other common hesitations I see are the multiple buttons, and again while I am fine with it, will be interesting if they or anyone ever designs a different button box to include stage flipping for the crowd that wants it or look to implement a software improvement for those configuring one button to flip both. Kind of a moot point with this game since only two flippers.
Either way, can’t wait to see this game play and to get one.

I have a feeling the flipper thing will be addressed one way or another ….

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love Scott, I love his creative thinking, I am 100% excited to play his game, and will do so the first chance I get.
I have a lot of thoughts on the P3 that I'd love to discuss intelligently with people, but I don't really know where to do it. I don't want to bring up criticisms in his game thread, and honestly it's been made pretty clear that my comments aren't welcome in the club thread. Dealing with that kind of energy is just exhausting and doesn't lead to an interesting conversation.
Maybe it's better to just let it all go and try and find an opportunity to play when I can.

I'm on your side; there should be a place to offer some perspective, and it's hard to do it in the Owner's thread when everyone there (myself included) feels the need to defend the platform against so much of the misinformation, mis-assumptions, and flat out stupid jackassery that's plagued any new ideas from being introduced to the hobby. That said, thoughtful criticism and refinement make an idea stronger. Start a new thread, Ill join you.

#416 1 year ago

Ordered! #3108 I was a little slow, nature called at just the wrong time LOL

#418 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ordered! #3108 I was a little slow, nature called at just the wrong time LOL

Wow, if we make the assumption those order #s are all for the game, they've already sold 60 out of the gate. Where's the wall/scoop upgrade kit guys!

#496 1 year ago

True... but this is the same guy who review bombed his own pin with all 10s. Just because you made the machine by hand in your garage doesn't mean it's exactly what you wanted.

I’ve read this comment 10x and I still don’t understand what you mean

#499 1 year ago

My poor attempt at humor. If you listen to the buffalo pinball interview with Scott Danesi (nerd here) Scott talks about getting beaten up online for rating his TNA... that he designed... as a 10/10. It's still flagged for review by 8+ pinsiders.
[quoted image]

Got it! Thanks - I didn’t know the backstory. I must have missed that part in Kevin’s stream. LOL the payphone!?!

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Wait...people still wear underwear? LOL

What the?!?

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Oh yeah. Direct audio already set up!
[quoted image]

Kev, I assume you went down to Austin again?

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you everyone for joining us last night! I could not be more proud of what the team did here. The game plays fast and furious just as I hoped. Cannot wait to play this with you at TPF next weekend! Make sure to come find me and challenge me. I am an easy target. Haha!
--Scott

Good luck! Shoot some videos! Wish I could make it this year -

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

If memory serves: Yes, but the old back box requires an upgrade for the topper.

Correct. New P3 machines as of 2021(I think?) have a different backbox speaker panel, servo-driven scoops/walls (vs the old style solenoid based ones that work more like drop targets). The older machines also do not currently support the cabinet lighting kit, and required an additional board for the topper to work

The backbox and the walls/scoops are pretty different and it’s easier to dial them in with the new design. Hopefully they eventually come up with an upgrade kit. The backbox doesn’t fit the speaker panel plastic so it would be great to upgrade that too. As you can imagine, shipping is a real issue with something that big so they are still working on a flat pack option.

#588 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Totally off topic:
My father was totally blind.
One time we were getting ready to go to a family Christmas dinner, and he grabbed some clothes at random. After putting them on, he asked me if they matched.
The combination was so hideous that all I could do was ask: "Everyone knows you're blind, right?" He almost fell over, he was laughing so hard...
- Mark

I LOL'd. Your dad must have had some major crap to get used to, but it's a testament to him (and your grandparents' upbringing) that he took things with humor. This is the way!

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

You're not giving people enough credit. Like many things in pinball, getting used to customized colors would just takes a couple games.
- Mark

I have to say - there are certainly worse examples of using multiple colors to code a game (early Halloweens had a really bad issue with this). Michael has put a lot of thought into this - and I think his point stands: if you have to think about what a color insert means... you just drained! So the expected red/yellow/green colors from a stoplight give a kind of intuitive template, and we'll learn like with every other game..

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

Thank you for sharing memories of your Dad. He sounds very cool.

He also sounds like a guy you could NEVER get away with complaining around!

#655 1 year ago

so whats a real world player’s experience with FR at TPF? I’d love to hear the experience, warts and all

1 month later
#672 11 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Is this normal practice for multimorphic? Take your deposit and then give you no updates on when you might get your module? This is the first pre-release I have bought. I own every module they make but I’m a little surprised they have provided no updates directly. Has anyone received an email or any information from them since you ordered?

Assuming you’re referring to FR, you won’t hear anything until they start production

1 week later
#694 11 months ago

Bummer on the delay - Gerry just sent out an official update with some more details. Understandable - most of the supply chain is back, but semiconductors continue to be an issue

#697 11 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

In my email inbox. If you are not on the mailing list, sign up.

Yep. SantaEatsCheese also posted it in the main Multimorphic thread

1 week later
#701 11 months ago

I can’t remember exactly when I ordered (early, but not first minute!), and I’m in batch #4!

#713 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I ordered on May 9 and I am in batch 6. This will give me time to get acquainted with all of the play fields. (I am enjoying Lexy Lightspeed.)

It's not getting as much attention since the other playfields have been released, but it shoots SO great. I seriously wish Multimorphic would release a revamped version with more updated graphics!

#716 11 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Seconded!!!!
I think this is maybe the third time you mentioned wanted a Lexy graphics upgrade, and the third time I seconded.
Hopefully, they will soon get the hint.
- Mark

HAHA probably the 10th time! But I know they can since Steven Silver is on staff, and I know they’re selling way more machines now. I don’t know how the budget would need to work, but I know they’ve considered it since there is the “alternate” Lexy artwork.

And yes I would pay for the upgrade - (within reason - maybe like $100, $150)

3 weeks later
#721 10 months ago

What's the current estimate for Final Resistance? Thinking about finally dropping in on a Drained

1 month later
#737 9 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Got several plays on FR at SFGE and it exceeded my expectations in every way. Definitely one of the fastest games I’ve ever played, but all the shots & returns are fair. The music, lighting and overall orchestration of the game are also great. You definitely can feel the sound more than the other P3 modules. Very immersive. Had three friends that don’t own P3”s say it was their favorite new machine at the show. Was patiently waiting but can’t wait to get my module now.

Hope they get those parts in soon! No idea where I am in the queue, but waiting... And I just spent my FR playfield money on a deposit for a new guitar, so I'm going to have to go make some more money in a jiffy.. lol!

#742 8 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You should have received an email a month-ish ago... Telling you what batch your in and when the expected batch start in.

Thanks Zitt… no email that I can find. I must be overlooking it. I’ve received Gerry’s regular “public” updates.

#743 8 months ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I put about 6 or 7 two player games on FR at SFGE with my brother, and we both thought it was very solid. Great game. Love the theme and style, the ship mech is very cool, the spinner with counter display is really sweet, both counting up and down with different modes. And the soundtrack was thumping.
I saw multiple groups of players saying very positive things about it after/while playing.
This was the first P3 I've tried, and it shot well. Over $10k for a machine is a no-go for me, but otherwise I'd be very tempted for FR. I felt like the flippers were maybe slightly weaker than I'd like, but it was being played non-stop for hours so no way they weren't good and hot - I felt the same with most games at the show really.
Anyway, two thumbs up for FR from me.

It’s not just one game!!!!! Did you try WAMONH?

#745 8 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

I received my group number for FR from Gerry back on 5/23. So maybe look around then, to see if you have another email from him.
subject - "Multimorphic Production Update for Final Resistance"

EDIT: had to correct myself. I found my preorder email - batch 4 of 6. Not sure how many are in a batch? I’m guessing I’ll be some time in December based on their timetables (and assuming production starts in august)

#751 8 months ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Full disclosure, I've never played one. Back when they started it was too rich for my blood. Now, I just have initial purchase sticker shock.
I understand after the initial purchase you can essentially get a "new game" for ~$3K and that's a super sweet deal, and the modularity aspect is really neat!
But I do think it's fair to say that the initial $11K price tag is likely keeping a goodly amount of people at bay. Everyone has a budget. Just like the social economic class break down, there are more middle class than the rest. That means there's a "sweet spot". $11k (plus shipping?) isn't it. No offense it's just not.
Xbox and Steamdeck business models have always relied upon game sales - not the consoles themselves. Look at the revenue they're raking in.
I don't see why the very same "proven" successful model cannot be applied here? Offer an affordable piece of hardware to put games on and games they will indeed buy. If it were me, I'd offer the base unit for a little more than actual cost to cover expenses and then keep game module prices the same. More people will buy in because they can actually afford it and I can only surmise the "loss" of revenue from machine sales will "eventually" equal and surpass normal year end totals thanks to module sales increasing. Of course, the pressure is on the dev team. One crappy release could spell trouble so they'd effectively always want to have another title almost ready to release shortly after that one in case it bombed.
Trying to scrape together $3K for a new module is a lot easier than $8K for a new pin.
Anyway, just my .02 and best of luck to MM!

I'd be willing to bet Multimorphic is already doing this. Keep in mind, the base machine costs a LITTLE more than an Xbox. Microsoft lost $139 on each Xbox One sold, but really don't because of deals we have with the chipmakers. The Xbox X is neutral because of how badly we squeezed AMD. The "loss" is all on paper. You have to have massive to be able to do that though.

Your last point is absolutely lightning: Getting $3k together for a new module (or even just $500 in the case of games like Sorceror's Apprentice, or $150 for a knockout like Ranger in the Ruins) is far easier than shelling out for a whole new game.

#752 8 months ago

BRILLIANT interview with Bowen Kerins offering some tremendous insight into not only Final Resistance, but his process, his path to getting to Multimorphic, and why (IMO) Spooky made a tremendous unforced error in letting him go, which seems to have cost them a LOT of money and at least 1 developer in the Halloween debacle.

#760 8 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

What interview?

whoops! Forgot the link!
Thanks yancy

1 month later
#768 7 months ago

What was the latest shipping estimate for batch 1?

#778 7 months ago

Anybody catch the stream? I had to watch from Youtube but very glad to see all the cool stuff in the game. The music is an extra plus for me.

1 week later
#807 7 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got it today but it’s not sitting quite flat. The front is up and I was able to get it down to snap the holders but the main shootout wasn’t align. I played one game and it was fun when the ball came out. Reminds me a lot of TNA with the music and speed but didn’t seem as brutal. More to come after I get back home
[quoted image][quoted image]

How the hell did you get basically the first machine after Danesi!? That ship looks even better than I thought. It's a spiritual successor to TNA, so it should remind you of that game. Glad to hear it does

3 months later
#821 3 months ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Last week I had a big NYE party with many life long friends (many of which love pinball and are very active in the hobby) and Final Resistance was a huge hit! Everyone said comments along the lines of "this game is awesome" and "this is the best P3 game I've played" etc.

I really think FR is one of the best of ANY game released in 2023

#824 3 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone know where in the preorder queue the production of FR is? I'm in batch 6 and was wondering when I will receive my game.

If I recall correctly, each batch was about a month on the line. So February? But yeah send Sarah an email.

#826 3 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Game delivered today- so nice to see two relatively small boxes at the door. No dolly or cart necessary!
Beautiful artwork and game. Had an unboxing event with a buddy with no issues.
Fun game- with great shots. Gotta turn up the sound! Great light show. Watched the Bowen demo which was a great help. Stellar code.
Just one problem- left flipper started getting weak (? Coil stop). Will investigate tomorrow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man,that artwork looks really good. Sure wish I could get that speaker panel to fit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.