(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.
#1 1 year ago

3/6 Official Drop

2/16/2023 Edit: BOOM! Just dropped by Multimorphic.

In Scott Danesi we trust...

Just saw that Scott Danesi will be creative director for Multimorphic's next game.

From the email I just got from Multimorphic:
"2023 looks to be another exciting year for the P3... and for Scott Danesi. He's the Creative Director for our next release!"

I love Scott Danesi's games. I'm on my second TNA (missed my first) and loved my Rick and Morty. He's did sound design on my Weird Al too. He is listed as "Creative Director" for the upcoming game. Don't know if that means it's his playfield, but I think I'm a Danesi fanboy in the same way many of you guys are Elwin fan boys. Can't wait to see what he has cooked up!

Full email from multimorphic below.
------------------------------------------
First, thank you for sharing pictures of and feedback about your new P3s. We're all typically heads down at the factory, so it's nice to see so many people enjoying their new games. It always provides a boost of energy to everybody on the floor.

For those of you who haven't yet received your machine, we've continued scaling up P3 manufacturing speeds adjacent to our ramped estimates, keeping delays fairly steady at about 10 weeks. Extra playfield module shipments have lagged a bit more than we'd like, but we have a growing inventory of playfields working through final test, and we hope to catch up on those shipments soon. In the next couple of months, we also hope to ship all remaining Weird Al playfields ordered by existing P3 owners.

For those considering joining the build queue, current estimates for new machine orders also remain unchanged at about 12 months. We'll continue growing our manufacturing team, but we also expect even more interest when we announce our 2023 game releases.

For existing P3 owners who purchased LE kits, your topper interface kits are now shipping. If your LE kit already shipped, you'll soon receive a separate package with the topper interface board and associated hardware. For upcoming LE kit shipments to existing customers, everything will be included in the packaging with the LE kit. To be clear, this is only needed for topper support on older machines. All new machines shipped since the launch of Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity have built-in connections for toppers.

To help familiarize everybody with the functionality of the P3, we recently recorded a tech demonstration where we dug into the details of using and maintaining the machine. That video is here:

and it adds to the wealth of information on our support page at https://www.multimorphic.com/support. I know we repeat this a lot, but that support page is the best place to look for answers to all of your usage and troubleshooting questions. If your question isn't answered there, or if you need further clarification, feel free to email us at [email protected]. We'd also like to offer a huge thanks and shout out to the members of the P3 Community Discord channel at https://discord.gg/GuKGcaDkjd for helping each other learn more about the machine.

A few notes on configuring your P3s. The positioning of the inlane/outlane divider posts and the angle of the outlane guides are both configurable. Up until recently, we shipped all P3s with the posts and guides in the most difficult positions (fully open), but we're changing to the middle post position for future shipments. Please feel free to change the positioning to suit your tastes. If your game plays too hard, make it easier! If it plays too easy, make it harder!

There are software settings too. In fact, many gameplay features can be tweaked to make things easier or more challenging. Most people play their games for a while with default settings and then later experiment with some changes. One option that we actually encourage people not to change is the one to control the upper and lower flippers with the same buttons. We added it for folks who are hesitant to adapt to the separate buttons, but we strongly believe that separate buttons make for a better playing experience. Using separate buttons also reduces wear and tear on your assemblies and keeps each flipper operating at maximum efficiency.

Please be on the lookup for some forthcoming software updates. Newer versions of ROCs and System Manager are just about ready for release, and we're finalizing changes for an update to Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity. If your P3 is connected to Wi-Fi, the app carousel will show you when the updates become available. Then you can go into System Manager and initiate the download and install processes.

As always, please let us know if you have comments or suggestions for future software updates. Many of the forthcoming changes were recommended by some of you. In the meantime, we'll remain hard at work on our next full-featured game kits. 2023 looks to be another exciting year for the P3... and for Scott Danesi. He's the Creative Director for our next release!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 1 year ago

Exciting update!
Hope others don’t take as long as I did to figure out how amazing P3 games are.
Definitely recommend getting in that build queue asap!!!

#3 1 year ago

P3 is not for me. Scott thinks he can change my mind, but I'd like to see him try.

No, really, I want to see him try, very curious what he's got cooked up. Glad he's found a new home to be creative.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

P3 is not for me. Scott thinks he can change my mind, but I'd like to see him try.
No, really, I want to see him try, very curious what he's got cooked up. Glad he's found a new home to be creative.

I am on the same boat. Regardless of what I think of P3, contracting with a very talented individual is smart. Now....if we can somehow get Scott and Elwin to team up...

#5 1 year ago

The P3 is for me, and so is any game Scott designs for it

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Ditto!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Word. Weird Al still getting daily play. It used to be Heist, which is now sitting lonely in its box

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Word. Weird Al still getting daily play. It used to be Heist, which is now sitting lonely in its box

Agreed. I'm not a Weird Al superfan but the game is great - it's by far the most fun I've had with a pinball game in a long time. Heist still gets a lot of play, as does RITR, and I even went back to Lexi for a while and had fun with that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Scott comes up with - it's a great platform for creativity.

#9 1 year ago

Scott Danesi making more pinball machines is always great news.

#10 1 year ago

Been waiting for this ever since I heard he was gonna be involved with Weird Al's sound design, there's no way that guy could have a P3 in the house and NOT be designing a module for it...

Still haven't had a chance to flip a P3, probably the game/platform I'm most curious about, of anything out there.

#11 1 year ago

This is pretty exciting. I didn't care a whole lot for the Weird AL theme. Can't wait to see what Scott and team cook up.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Claires-dad:

Agreed. I'm not a Weird Al superfan but the game is great - it's by far the most fun I've had with a pinball game in a long time. Heist still gets a lot of play, as does RITR, and I even went back to Lexi for a while and had fun with that. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Scott comes up with - it's a great platform for creativity.

Lexy is great fun; the shots are excellent, and it’s
a great shooting game. I’d probably switch out games more frequently but the gameroom is pretty cramped right now

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We've figured it out, at this point you really don't need to come into every new game thread and announce you aren't a buyer.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just saw that Scott Danesi will be creative director for Multimorphic's next game.
From the email I just got from Multimorphic:
"2023 looks to be another exciting year for the P3... and for Scott Danesi. He's the Creative Director for our next release!"
I love Scott Danesi's games. I'm on my second TNA (missed my first) and loved my Rick and Morty. He's did sound design on my Weird Al too. He is listed as "Creative Director" for the upcoming game. Don't know if that means it's his playfield

Did the creative directors on previous P3 titles do the layouts? Look into that and you'll likely get a sense of what it means for his involvement.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

We've figured it out, at this point you really don't need to come into every new game thread and announce you aren't a buyer.

Aurich , oh look, you have fans!

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

If you're sensitive about it there's a really easy solution that I'm a giant fan of:

Ignore (resized).pngIgnore (resized).png

(I can't screenshot ignoring my own account, though that would be funny.)

In the meantime, if you actually read the rest of my post instead of instantly raging out you'll see I was being positive towards my friend, so don't be weird.

Quoted from vdojaq:

oh look, you have fans!

#17 1 year ago

I'm bummed to hear personally, as I would've been very interested in the next Scott design offered in traditional pinball machine, and not pinball platform, form. Smart move by P3 though, and hope it works out well for Scott and P3 owners get something great.

#18 1 year ago

Alright Scott, I know you poke your head in here on Pinside every now and then....

Please tell me there's going to be a Fiero reference in this new game somewhere!!!

Later,
EV

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

In the meantime, if you actually read the rest of my post instead of instantly raging out you'll see I was being positive towards my friend, so don't be weird.

This is a small community and we can be positive towards our friends without publicly announcing we aren't buying their game. Espeically when we don't even know what it is.

Both of us sell stuff on this site that the majority of the community will never buy. Maybe you disagree, but I think it would kind of suck if everyone who wasn't buying posted they weren't a buyer.

That said I'm excited to see what Scott can do with his new game on the P3.

#20 1 year ago

Once Scott got a P3 at home I was hoping he would design/work on a game! Super pumped to hear the news. MM has had some big news recently and it keeps getting better

#21 1 year ago

Great news!

#22 1 year ago

Been close to pulling the trigger on a P3. Scott may push me over the edge. Weird Al came really close to what I like in a game. Just not enough to get me to sell a game to make space. Excited to see what he comes up with.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

This is a small community and we can be positive towards our friends without publicly announcing we aren't buying their game. Espeically when we don't even know what it is.
Both of us sell stuff on this site that the majority of the community will never buy. Maybe you disagree, but I think it would kind of suck if everyone who wasn't buying posted they weren't a buyer.
That said I'm excited to see what Scott can do with his new game on the P3.

Aurich's "shot" at the P3 platform isn't really equivalent to saying he wasn't buying a specific game. In fact, just the opposite...sounds like he is hoping Scott can develop a game that would challenge his overarching opinion on P3.

From a purely technical standpoint, I have nothing against P3. IIRC, it's used in my Rick and Morty (developed by Scott, obviously). Took awhile for Gerry and Eric to dial in R&M flippers, but eventually they worked well. The ultimate judge of a pinball platform is obviously the manufacturer. Unfortunately, Spooky decided to discontinue using P3 after their experience with R&M. From where I sit, it's hard to know if that was a business or technical decision (or both).

In any event, like Aurich, I am rooting for Scott as well...R&M is one of my all-time favorite games.

#24 1 year ago

Looking forward to this, especially as it's likely Bowen and Colin will be doing the rules.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From a purely technical standpoint, I have nothing against P3. IIRC, it's used in my Rick and Morty (developed by Scott, obviously).

There's the P3-ROC, which is a pinball controller than can be used in homebrew or commercial games of any design, like Rick and Morty or TNA etc.

Then there's the P3 multi-game platform, which is what has the big LCD screen playfield, and has P3-ROC tech inside of it, but is a whole package you can swap game modules into.

Similar names, very different ideas. Rick and Morty as designed would be impossible to do on the P3, in part because it has a subway to a scoop on the lower half of the game, and you can't put holes in the P3's LCD playfield.

Quoted from snaroff:

Aurich's "shot" at the P3 platform isn't really equivalent to saying he wasn't buying a specific game. In fact, just the opposite...sounds like he is hoping Scott can develop a game that would challenge his overarching opinion on P3.

It was the most innocuous comment, such a weird overreaction. Yes, I've said I don't like the P3 platform before, I don't. I'm allowed to not like it, feel free to disagree, I don't care. But no, I don't show up in every thread on the system to constantly shit on it.

Do I want to see if Scott can change my mind? Yes, yes I do. He's a creative lad who might find a way to use the platform that makes a difference to me. If you actually read my entire post instead of just the first sentence that feels pretty obvious, I dunno. Why the fuck is this even a conversation?

#26 1 year ago

TNA 3.0 with side target pop-bumper module?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why the fuck is this even a conversation?

I think it boils down to fanboy syndrome. People rooting for a manufacturer/platform don't like others to express themselves, no matter how benign or politically correct. Your thumbs up % is 97%, which is one measure of tact and popularity

I've never actually played a P3 multi-game pinball, so I don't have an opinion. I've always liked Gerry's motivation and enthusiasm, so I'd like nothing more than for this to be the breakthrough game to purchase. Scott's R&M was my first Spooky game purchase, so it's definitely possible.

#28 1 year ago

Scott Danesi....

Is AWESOME!

(ALSO LIONMAN)

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Scott Danesi....
Is AWESOME!
(ALSO LIONMAN)

Or something

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think it boils down to fanboy syndrome. People rooting for a manufacturer/platform don't like others to express themselves, no matter how benign or politically correct.

If you like something and someone else says "that's not for me" the normal human being reaction is to go "cool, your loss", and move on with life. I like lots of things that I promise you aren't for plenty of Pinsiders. If I started a thread about the music I listen to it would be full of less polite remarks than "not for me"! I've seen the rap comments here before. I don't see how that's supposed to affect my day.

Quoted from snaroff:

Your thumbs up % is 97%, which is one measure of tact and popularity

Seems high, I need to cultivate some more haters.

Quoted from snaroff:

I've never actually played a P3 multi-game pinball, so I don't have an opinion.

The idea of modular pinball, in and of itself, is interesting. Prices keep going up, space keeps going down, having a game you can swap is going to hold a certain appeal. Other have tried it (cough cough Heighway) but Multimorphic is the only company that has really pulled it off.

The LCD screen is just a big thing that you might like or might have other feelings about. I have played P3s, multiple times, the LCD graphics haven't appealed to me, or added anything of any value to playing pinball for me, and come with downsides (like the whole "you can't put a hole in the lower 2/3rds of the playfield" part.

I have going out to play Weird Al on my list, haven't had a chance yet. Watched gameplay video, the use of the screen hasn't changed my mind in that. But I'll judge it after trying it, not from watching YouTube. I think Drained looks really neat, but the parts I like are all the non-LCD parts.

#31 1 year ago

Would love to try one. The concept is awesome, but 2/3 of the playfield being an lcd screen is tough to get past. Anyone in Arizona have one to try? I am getting Scooby Doo in the first batch of 50(#32) and you can come try it.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Scott Danesi....
Is AWESOME!
(ALSO LIONMAN)

I went down a rabbit hole yesterday about the whole Twin Galaxy cheating scandals and watched your video about Atari Dragster. Man, you have your hands in a lot of stuff.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why the fuck is this even a conversation?

Because it's pinside

#34 1 year ago

TNA home brew... Scott+PROC design.
TNA production... Spooky, Scott,?P3-?PROC.
Rick and Morty... Spooky, Scott,?P3-?PROC
Halloween/Ultraman ... Spooky, not Scott, not PROC
Weird Al ... Mulitmorphic team with Scott on sound effects
TBA-MM#6 ... Multimorphic team with Scott as creative director

IIRC, Scott got a P3 about the same time as he parted ways from Spooky. He's always been a supporter of the Multimorphic platform / design.
Very logical progression here. It's only logical that Scott took on more active role in Game #6.
My gut tells me that Scott probably didn't do the Module design for #6 but as a creative director he had influence on it. My money's on another TJ mechanical design. I'm not sure how TJ can one up the Weird Al design from a mechanical layout perspective.

Exciting time to be on the Multimorphic train of releases! Wonder if we'll see this game at TPF'2023.

#35 1 year ago

Lot of people missed the R&M reference here. Sheesh Morty.

#36 1 year ago

Exciting news, My P3 has been on order since August, still have a bit of wait before it ships later this year. Can't wait to see what Scott has designed.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Would love to try one. The concept is awesome, but 2/3 of the playfield being an lcd screen is tough to get past. Anyone in Arizona have one to try? I am getting Scooby Doo in the first batch of 50(#32) and you can come try it.

I bought a P3 without having ever seen one in person. The dynamic scoops and walls at the end of the lcd really allow for a ton of variability that I didn’t expect. Additionally, the fact that the screen tracks the ball provides the capability to make dynamic shots in the same way that would need a rollover switch in a traditional pin. I’m totally sold on the platform.

I wish you luck on the Scooby Doo. I will never buy another Spooky after my Halloween. It was some of the worst build quality and engineering I have seen in a pinball.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I bought a P3 without having ever seen one in person. The dynamic scoops and walls at the end of the lcd really allow for a ton of variability that I didn’t expect. Additionally, the fact that the screen tracks the ball provides the capability to make dynamic shots in the same way that would need a rollover switch in a traditional pin. I’m totally sold on the platform.
I wish you luck on the Scooby Doo. I will never buy another Spooky after my Halloween. It was some of the worst build quality and engineering I have seen in a pinball.

Guess I got lucky. No issues with my Halloween. Looking forward to SD. Won’t pay for over priced Sterns anymore either. Talk about QC issues.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm not sure how TJ can one up the Weird Al design from a mechanical layout perspective.

Floating mechs would do it...just sayin'

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

TNA 3.0 with side target pop-bumper module?

Good point. TNA and Rick and Morty both had an unusual pop bumper lower down on the playfield. Maybe we'll see the floating pop bumper from that promotional concept video from way back when where they showed how they could have stuff hanging over the lower 2/3rds in future games. Maybe this'll be Sonic or another Sega IP. Super Monkey Ball or Yakuza, I guess.

#41 1 year ago

I finally got some time on a P3 at a friends house .I really ,really enjoyed it and am looking forward to grabbing one someday .Scott seems a perfect fit for Multimorphic so good luck to them both and we will be following for sure .

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

Good point. TNA and Rick and Morty both had an unusual pop bumper lower down on the playfield. Maybe we'll see the floating pop bumper from that promotional concept video from way back when where they showed how they could have stuff hanging over the lower 2/3rds in future games. Maybe this'll be Sonic or another Sega IP. Super Monkey Ball or Yakuza, I guess.

I mean Heist did this with the crane.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Floating mechs would do it...just sayin'

We might see the floating pop bumper finally
Edit: just saw the post above. What he said!

#44 1 year ago

Keep an eye on The Pinball Network podcast feed for Pinball Party #18 ...you may be hearing from Scott soon

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

TNA home brew... Scott+PROC design.
TNA production... Spooky, Scott,?P3-?PROC.
Rick and Morty... Spooky, Scott,?P3-?PROC
Halloween/Ultraman ... Spooky, not Scott, not PROC
Weird Al ... Mulitmorphic team with Scott on sound effects
TBA-MM#6 ... Multimorphic team with Scott as creative director
IIRC, Scott got a P3 about the same time as he parted ways from Spooky. He's always been a supporter of the Multimorphic platform / design.
Very logical progression here. It's only logical that Scott took on more active role in Game #6.
My gut tells me that Scott probably didn't do the Module design for #6 but as a creative director he had influence on it. My money's on another TJ mechanical design. I'm not sure how TJ can one up the Weird Al design from a mechanical layout perspective.
Exciting time to be on the Multimorphic train of releases! Wonder if we'll see this game at TPF'2023.

Scott didn’t part ways with Spooky. He was never a Spooky employee. They do still work together on projects like the recent run of TNA CEs.

Scott did design the module. He’s doing the music and sound effects too. TJ on mechs.

I hope Stephen Silver is doing the 2nd module released this year. Not sure how he could too Weird Al, but I said that with Heist too. I’m more excited for these two games than anything else coming out.

#46 1 year ago
737521AA-0F60-4AA2-9FB1-8C08E4CEBAC3 (resized).png737521AA-0F60-4AA2-9FB1-8C08E4CEBAC3 (resized).png
#47 1 year ago

Scott also composed the music for Silver Falls, which is a downloadable game for the Heist module. His work on and around the P3 has been exemplary so far, and I can attest to what a joy it is to work with him on a project, and what a great passion he has for making great things - music, sound effects, game design - he puts in his all.

I'm extremely excited to see what Scott's creative vision will bring to a new module, and can't wait to see it and play it!

#48 1 year ago

I can't wait to see the Danesimorphic collaboration! I'm an Early Adopter of the P3 and have loved (and own) both of Scott's games.

If there has been one area for improvement in Scott's designs, it's been with the geometry. That makes the collab with MM a perfect union. Whoever has designed the last 3 playfields deserves WAY more credit. The flow on Al, Heist, and especially CCR is amazing! I don't know if these were all Steven, but these layouts are SO underrated.

Leave it to a bunch of engineers to create games with some of the smoothest flow in the entire industry.

#49 1 year ago

I'm so excited to see what's coming. My P3 is set to arrive in the next few weeks. With continued full featured games like Heist and Weird Al, and whatever is coming next from Scott Danesi (hopefully a known theme), I think multimorphic will continue to set itself apart from the competition and draw new talent to their team. I'm all in!

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Scott didn’t part ways with Spooky. He was never a Spooky employee. They do still work together on projects like the recent run of TNA CEs.

I can understand how that was interpreted but that was not my intent.
It's pretty well known that Scott is PBL's minion... so I knew he wasn't a Spooky employee.
My intent was to show that Spooky decided for whatever reason, to drop Scott as a contractor/person on the team. One could argue that they probably made an error because; IMHO, Scott was their best asset. A loss for Spooky, a gain for Multimorphic.

I expect great things from Scott and Multimorphic; hope to see the Game #6 in the near future.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Scott did design the module. He’s doing the music and sound effects too. TJ on mechs.

Seems like insider knowledge stated as fact. Not sure I have a lot of faith on random dudes on the internet implying facts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.