(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Scott will need to program ghosting on those inserts and also some pooling and chipping in the clear coat around the posts.

Duck. The easter eggs are incomming.

#352 1 year ago

Listened to the interview with Scott. Always a pleasure to hear his thinking. He has an audience in mind with his approach to the LCD screen and I'll be curious to see if people respond to what he's trying to do.

Definitely wishing him and his game success!

#353 1 year ago

What's number two?

-TNA
-??
-P3 Final Resistance

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

What's number two?
-TNA
-??
-P3 Final Resistance

Rick and Morty.

#355 1 year ago

Nifty game, I hope I run across one in the wild to play at some point.

#356 1 year ago

One thing that really impresses me about the P3 system that I don't see mentioned much is how well built and solid the base platform is. I love all the thought and engineering that went into it.

#357 1 year ago

I think his reasoning and idea of having persistant inserts on the lcd screen for the entire time is fantastic. I think not generally having the core components like inserts visible is something that has been a con of the P3 games generally. Some of the playfield screen displays without inserts do sometimes feel a little outputting to me in the past. Instead this looks like a physical playfield with really awesome animations and such instead of static art. GREAT friggin idea and execution it seems.

Speaking of, since the clear screen cover/playfield surface is replaceable, couldn't a custom one be created for a game module with actual physical inserts that are lit from the image displayed on the screen behind? Be interesting to see that tried.

#358 1 year ago

Congrats Scott and team.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Speaking of, since the clear screen cover/playfield surface is replaceable, couldn't a custom one be created for a game module with actual physical inserts that are lit from the image displayed on the screen behind? Be interesting to see that tried.

Yes it could and you could be the person to do it! Pick up the latest P3 software development kit and off you go.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I think his reasoning and idea of having persistant inserts on the lcd screen for the entire time is fantastic.

I know you already realize this, but with the static inserts, there will still be animations of information and special effects across the screen. Watch the video again for a small taste of it.

And I agree with you, the inserts are great to have.

I would think a night sky, star pattern, slowly rolling down underneath the inserts and towards the player would give a feel of movement, space travel style.

Thanks Kevin at Buffalo Pinball. I enjoyed your interview with Scott and am even more excited about this game.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

My friend Adam has been making custom cabinets. He is designing modular stackable cabinets for the modules. The width tolerance has to be exact. And everyone he's made fits the modules. Prices are varied.
[quoted image][quoted image]

that is a great idea.

I can't wait to play this new Danesi table!!

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Already been considered... had that idea about 4 years ago.
No one has executed it in production. Not sure anyone really cares. Apparently Scott is getting close with static inserts on Final Resistance... but the difference is static art != painted surface.

My take it's cheaper to implement the static art on existing monitor... rather than attempt to make it another swappable surface when switching games. Also; you really want to try and source a new surface with art on it given it's designed to be customer replaceable (consumable) from Lowes/Home Depot.

#363 1 year ago

I ordered my 2nd base cabinet last night to put me in production before the anticipated pre-order rush tomorrow. I'm thinking Final Resistance may need a dedicated cabinet in my game room.
(I was going to order a 2nd cab anyway)

FYI to everyone with competing emails tomorrow. I'll be throwing elbows left and right on my way in.

#364 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI to everyone with competing emails tomorrow. I'll be throwing elbows left and right on my way in.

Yesterday was daylight savings day ... you needed to push the calendar one day forward. Preorder started 23 min ago

#365 1 year ago

Ugh, I never would have guessed that was a Scott game. Not a fan of that one. at. all.

#366 1 year ago

Ugh, I never would have guessed that was a Scott game. Not a fan of that one. at. all.

your taste in pins is questionable to say the least.

#367 1 year ago

Really? The super obvious tells didn't give it away?

Imaginatively placed pop bumper, segment display between the flippers, innovated drop-target ball-lock mech?

Scott has said more than once that he designed the game to shoot outside of the sweet spots, and he likes his games hard, so if it's not for you that's fair. To be honest I've never actually played one, so I have no opinion myself.

Some of the more evil aspects of Scott's designs won't be on this one clearly since it has the typical empty P3 lower playfield and nothing super dangerous near the flippers, but I'm sure he designed the far shots to return in a way that keeps you on your toes regardless.

#368 1 year ago

Quoted from rai:

your taste in pins is questionable to say the least.

Remember, this is what Scott contributed. I thought the 2 way u lock, Fluval Crank, and outlane magnet on these were really cool. This was my first NIB.

rm (resized).jpgrm (resized).jpg
#369 1 year ago

Ironic that Scott designated that one "Jankywood" because it shot far & away better than every production R&M I've played, even supposedly dialed-in ones.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? The super obvious tells didn't give it away?
Imaginatively placed pop bumper, segment display between the flippers, innovated drop-target ball-lock mech?

Scott has said more than once that he designed the game to shoot outside of the sweet spots, and he likes his games hard, so if it's not for you that's fair. To be honest I've never actually played one, so I have no opinion myself.
Some of the more evil aspects of Scott's designs won't be on this one clearly since it has the typical empty P3 lower playfield and nothing super dangerous near the flippers, but I'm sure he designed the far shots to return in a way that keeps you on your toes regardless.

You know, as I'm just learning more about this, it came to me that they COULD put things closer, they would just have to get creative. We've seen that ramps can go across, they could in theory build an entire upper playfield over the main display with closer drops. Of course, then it might defeat the whole purpose.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Ironic that Scott designated that one "Jankywood" because it shot far & away better than every production R&M I've played, even supposedly dialed-in ones.

Lol....I don't think R&M's issues had anything to do with his design. It was the bulid that was wrong. You can see it plain as day when you take it apart. I'm not sure if they cheaped out on metal, bad training, or simply the company as a whole didn't understand how precise things needed to be and thought, 'this is close enough' was good enough. But those orbit rails were too short, and in many cases not close to where they were supposed to be, even when dialing in. It is fun to play once you get it close though.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Lol....I don't think R&M's issues had anything to do with his design. It was the bulid that was wrong. You can see it plain as day when you take it apart. I'm not sure if they cheaped out on metal, bad training, or simply the company as a whole didn't understand how precise things needed to be and thought, 'this is close enough' was good enough. But those orbit rails were too short, and in many cases not close to where they were supposed to be, even when dialing in. It is fun to play once you get it close though.

Preach.

#373 1 year ago

Scott said the right orbit shot on FR was two shots in one, sometimes it’s an orbit and other times is a war-machine kickback. I like that kind of innovation.

#374 1 year ago

Nice work on the game guys,

I am glad fixed inserts were finally added to a multimorphic game - not a new idea but great that it is first time implemented, it is something that was brought up a number of years ago as it would of been a better step to bring people over from traditional pinball. The beauty is you can add animations to the inserts and around them.

#375 1 year ago

So I only have the Weird Al in hand, but Heist is showing up later this month. Of what I've seen on this new module, other than the name Danesi, I am most excited to see... the permanant inserts in the playfield. It is such a small thing but I think that will make a huge difference in the reception of this machine. I look forward to playing it and actually just sold TNA to fund this.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You know, as I'm just learning more about this, it came to me that they COULD put things closer, they would just have to get creative. We've seen that ramps can go across, they could in theory build an entire upper playfield over the main display with closer drops. Of course, then it might defeat the whole purpose.

They put a bunch of cool concepts for lower playfield features in this video:

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, when Scott said he was making a P3 game that would utilize the platform in a new way I actually thought that's what he was doing. He meant the static insert idea instead, but I was hoping we'd see a floating pop bumper or something since that's been an element he clearly loves to mess with in more unconventional ways.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So I only have the Weird Al in hand, but Heist is showing up later this month. Of what I've seen on this new module, other than the name Danesi, I am most excited to see... the permanant inserts in the playfield. It is such a small thing but I think that will make a huge difference in the reception of this machine. I look forward to playing it and actually just sold TNA to fund this.

Agree as I should be getting my Weird Al in April and while I welcome all the innovations and different styles of gameplay from traditional like Heist to the uniqueness of CCR, I’m glad Scott specifically did the static inserts on the screen to help those that are still doubtful on the P3.

One of the only other common hesitations I see are the multiple buttons, and again while I am fine with it, will be interesting if they or anyone ever designs a different button box to include stage flipping for the crowd that wants it or look to implement a software improvement for those configuring one button to flip both. Kind of a moot point with this game since only two flippers.

Either way, can’t wait to see this game play and to get one.

#379 1 year ago

Scott is secretly working on a new flipper module. Spanish Eyes style…pop bumper right down there in F-You Land.

#380 1 year ago

I only hear she voice in the game,I am sure there are lots of other right?

#381 1 year ago

I’ve never played P3 game but when a game has upper flippers do you have to hit a separate flipper button? I’m not liking that idea at all. Should be optional to have a normal pinball flipper like one button controlling flippers on right or left side. Also one button controlling flippers and lane inserts like normal pinball.

Imo if they are just throwing out normal pinball reflexes to make it different then I think it’ll hold them back from getting accepted by old folks like me.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve never played P3 game but when a game has upper flippers do you have to hit a separate flipper button? I’m not liking that idea at all. Should be optional to have a normal pinball flipper like one button controlling flippers on right or left side. Also one button controlling flippers and lane inserts like normal pinball.
Imo if they are just throwing out normal pinball reflexes to make it different then I think it’ll hold them back from getting accepted by old folks like me.

default is separate buttons, but while it takes a bit to get used to, works SO WELL. However it can be adjusted to be only on the main flippers (lower flippers and upper 2; the upper pf flipper on weird al is still on the separate button)

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

You can set it either way for the flippers. Both on one button or red for lower and white for upper. The games normally use another button to change the lane inserts other than the red one. It didn't take many games for me to get used to playing with a separate button for the upper and lower. I like it better this way because the upper flippers are out of the way during a multi ball.

#384 1 year ago

If someone wanted, couldn’t they just replace and combine the flipper switches with typical stacked leaf switches? Then you could stage flip and lane change like a typical game.

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If someone wanted, couldn’t they just replace and combine the flipper switches with typical stacked leaf switches? Then you could stage flip and lane change like a typical game.

There's not room in the default button box, but someone could make a new one if they wanted. It would stick out a little further to support the stack.

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

There's not room in the default button box, but someone could make a new one if they wanted. It would stick out a little further to support the stack.

And if I’m not mistaken, part of the idea of the P3 is to have swappable cabinet buttons? Has MM/anyone-else offered an alternate design yet? It could be like the “pro” controllers Xbox/PlayStation sell.

It could have a dedicated “tap pass” button

#387 1 year ago

Yes, any developer can make a custom button box and Multimorphic has made a redemption-style simplified button box, but it is compatible only with certain software. It is a bit of a moot point for Final Resistance since it uses only the lower flippers, but it might use secondary buttons for lane change - we will see on the 17th!

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Agree as I should be getting my Weird Al in April and while I welcome all the innovations and different styles of gameplay from traditional like Heist to the uniqueness of CCR, I’m glad Scott specifically did the static inserts on the screen to help those that are still doubtful on the P3.
One of the only other common hesitations I see are the multiple buttons, and again while I am fine with it, will be interesting if they or anyone ever designs a different button box to include stage flipping for the crowd that wants it or look to implement a software improvement for those configuring one button to flip both. Kind of a moot point with this game since only two flippers.
Either way, can’t wait to see this game play and to get one.

I have a feeling the flipper thing will be addressed one way or another ….

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was hoping we'd see a floating pop bumper or something

This or what is stopping an extra ramp entrance to the wireform being 1/2 way down the screen? Not necessarily for this game, but in future P3 games. It's probably the number one complaint, that all the interaction is up the back of the PF.

#390 1 year ago

Final resistance art packages available on p3 site. Anyone else already purchased them?

#391 1 year ago

Scott is joining us for the first half of tonight's stream to discuss Final Resistance! Feel free to come chat it up with us starting at 10EST!!!
https://www.youtube.com/live/IjrdwCP61yU?feature=share

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This or what is stopping an extra ramp entrance to the wireform being 1/2 way down the screen? Not necessarily for this game, but in future P3 games. It's probably the number one complaint, that all the interaction is up the back of the PF.

All mechs must float above the screen for the IR sensors to work. I think requiring any mech to slide in like the lower flipper assembly is a non-starter because it would be too cumbersome to change the module. This can be solved by rotating a mech on a hinge from the module. Another option is a full width mech that inserts into the slots but can be easily inserted and removed, for example by rotating it in place (so the side edges would be round) or by extending/narrowing it on a slider. The connections would have to be from the top of the module but that's not a problem.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Scott is joining us for the first half of tonight's stream to discuss Final Resistance! Feel free to come chat it up with us starting at 10EST!!!
https://www.youtube.com/live/IjrdwCP61yU?feature=share

who can stay up that late?

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

who can stay up that late?

Yeah, do they not know who the demographic around here is!?

#395 1 year ago

I love Scott, I love his creative thinking, I am 100% excited to play his game, and will do so the first chance I get.

I have a lot of thoughts on the P3 that I'd love to discuss intelligently with people, but I don't really know where to do it. I don't want to bring up criticisms in his game thread, and honestly it's been made pretty clear that my comments aren't welcome in the club thread. Dealing with that kind of energy is just exhausting and doesn't lead to an interesting conversation.

Maybe it's better to just let it all go and try and find an opportunity to play when I can.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, do they not know who the demographic around here is!?

Haha. Sorry guys I can’t start streaming until after the kids head to bed. I’ll make sure to post a link to the video here afterwards!

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love Scott, I love his creative thinking, I am 100% excited to play his game, and will do so the first chance I get.
I have a lot of thoughts on the P3 that I'd love to discuss intelligently with people, but I don't really know where to do it. I don't want to bring up criticisms in his game thread, and honestly it's been made pretty clear that my comments aren't welcome in the club thread. Dealing with that kind of energy is just exhausting and doesn't lead to an interesting conversation.
Maybe it's better to just let it all go and try and find an opportunity to play when I can.

I'm on your side; there should be a place to offer some perspective, and it's hard to do it in the Owner's thread when everyone there (myself included) feels the need to defend the platform against so much of the misinformation, mis-assumptions, and flat out stupid jackassery that's plagued any new ideas from being introduced to the hobby. That said, thoughtful criticism and refinement make an idea stronger. Start a new thread, Ill join you.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:Ugh, I never would have guessed that was a Scott game. Not a fan of that one. at. all.

To each their own, for me Rick and Morty is one of my favorite games of all time. Scott’s creativity is apparent in the game But it’s the combination of Scott’s design and Eric’s coding that makes it so special. Theme integration is the best. It’s a difficult game but very rewarding (which is exactly the type of pinball I enjoy the most). After playing a game it’s tough not to hit the start button and play again. Damn near perfection as far as I am concerned.
But whatever.
I am excited to check out Final Resistance.

#399 1 year ago

Always thought this system was a cool design. I would like to own one in the near future. My only issue is finding one semi local to play. Never able to put my hands on one yet Best of luck to the Multimorphic team!

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

My only issue is finding one semi local to play.

Get your happy arse on a plane and come to TPF'23.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/8?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.