(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I hope this is the game that wins you over.

I look forward to getting to play it.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I look forward to getting to play it.

Sadly not many of these make it onto location. I'm sure there will be a handful at TPF. I will bring a (Weird Al LE) to freeplay at Allentown PA this year. We might get lucky and have a dealer with one to try at Allentown this year like Weird Al was last year.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I am biased but picky, and find the P3 flippers to be very snappy, and similar in feel more like Wms 90s flippers than current Stern flippers. Opinions vary for sure! The current flipper setup is not the same as the early proto, if that helps.
Having "real" inserts lets us do all sorts of fun things

Good thing because it looks like this game will be throwing a lot of balls directly at the flipper

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I am biased but picky, and find the P3 flippers to be very snappy, and similar in feel more like Wms 90s flippers than current Stern flippers. Opinions vary for sure! The current flipper setup is not the same as the early proto, if that helps.
Having "real" inserts lets us do all sorts of fun things

I actually loved the flipper feel in the early proto...felt great and snappy. The promo video was making me go "hmm" tho...glad to hear you like the feel.

#255 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Sadly not many of these make it onto location. I'm sure there will be a handful at TPF. I will bring a (Weird Al LE) to freeplay at Allentown PA this year. We might get lucky and have a dealer with one to try at Allentown this year like Weird Al was last year.

We're blessed to have On Tilt and Shane is not only a madman with what he puts out to play, he's a Multimorphic distributor. So I'm sure he'll have it. He has Weird Al out, I just haven't had time to go see it.

If not I'll go visit Scott!

#256 1 year ago

Wow, that does look great. Excited to see more.
Couple questions in the off chance someone that knows can talk about it:

- Where does the spinner lane feed? The couple shots to it I see don't immediately look to visibly return. Clearly looks to turn right toward the ship, maybe to a right orbit and I am missing it?

- Looks like the drop target lane is an inner orbit, and exits the left orbit some of the time. Is there an up post or maybe another drop in there too, to stop a ball behind the drop? Or how do you "lock" a ball behind the drop target ala Danesi Lock 3.0? Left orbit? EDIT, pretty sure I see an up post and a quick shot in the video showing it stopping the ball and the target catching it. Nevermind that one.

-Is what would traditionally be the right orbit strictly a War Machine type kicker firing back at you, or there a diverter or other mach yielding multiple results?

Looks really great. If this doesn't sell a ton of P3 units then nothing will.

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

How do people store modules? Can you fit a few under the machine?

My friend Adam has been making custom cabinets. He is designing modular stackable cabinets for the modules. The width tolerance has to be exact. And everyone he's made fits the modules. Prices are varied.

20220924_175424 (resized).jpg20220924_175424 (resized).jpg20230218_164811 (resized).jpg20230218_164811 (resized).jpg
#258 1 year ago

This is the first theme I'm interested in. Will I be able to buy the machine with this theme together? I'm new to all this.

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

This is the first theme I'm interested in. Will I be able to buy the machine with this theme together? I'm new to all this.

Yes, just like in the picture for $11,700... or with the optional lit speakers (really cool) for $11,900.
FR (resized).pngFR (resized).png

Note if you already have a P3 you can get it for $3,400... and get it in the mail/UPS/FEDEX.

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

My friend Adam has been making custom cabinets. He is designing modular stackable cabinets for the modules. The width tolerance has to be exact. And everyone he's made fits the modules. Prices are varied.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wish we could all have friends like yours!!! Does Adam make them as flat packs?

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work Adam! I'm sure quite a few of us would be interested in these if he is making them to sell. Looks really clean and it still advertises your module instead of being tucked away. Let us know details if/when you have them.

#262 1 year ago

Yea Adam is working out the details on shipping whether flat or boxed. His new design can be stacked up to 4.

#263 1 year ago

Those are my cabs!
Im still trying to work on the bill of materials to figure the cost, but should be ready soon!
Yes everything is being designed to be flat packed.
I am trying to make TPF, still having fingers crossed, but if not, they should be ready very soon!
I will be sure to let yall know!!!

#264 1 year ago

Can't wait to play this!

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Wow, that does look great. Excited to see more.
Couple questions in the off chance someone that knows can talk about it:
- Where does the spinner lane feed? The couple shots to it I see don't immediately look to visibly return. Clearly looks to turn right toward the ship, maybe to a right orbit and I am missing it?
- Looks like the drop target lane is an inner orbit, and exits the left orbit some of the time. Is there an up post or maybe another drop in there too, to stop a ball behind the drop? Or how do you "lock" a ball behind the drop target ala Danesi Lock 3.0? Left orbit? EDIT, pretty sure I see an up post and a quick shot in the video showing it stopping the ball and the target catching it. Nevermind that one.
-Is what would traditionally be the right orbit strictly a War Machine type kicker firing back at you, or there a diverter or other mach yielding multiple results?
Looks really great. If this doesn't sell a ton of P3 units then nothing will.

The spinner lane exits via the right orbit. Your description of the inner orbit is quite accurate. On the right orbit, your description of it as "War Machine" is 23 years too late.

#266 1 year ago

Looks great! What is the delivery eta for a cab with this new module?

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Looks great! What is the delivery eta for a cab with this new module?

My unofficial answer from earlier;

I ordered my P3 in February 2022, received Weird Al and base in January 2023, and hoping to get the other modules I ordered at the same time in the next few weeks.

Realistically, if you already have a P3 system, May at the earliest for the first batch of modules, but expect 6+ months. If you are ordereing a whole system, expect a year. The good news though is that you can put a deposit down on a system and pay when yours is on the line. $2,000 t reserve a spot isn't too horrible, or $500 to reserve a module.

I'd never pay 12k for a machine and wait a year+ for it (Who's waiting on their Paid In Full Cactus Canyon LE 12+ months later), but a deposit... doable.

#268 1 year ago

Bummer. I’m too impatient to wait that long

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Those are my cabs!
Im still trying to work on the bill of materials to figure the cost, but should be ready soon!
Yes everything is being designed to be flat packed.
I am trying to make TPF, still having fingers crossed, but if not, they should be ready very soon!
I will be sure to let yall know!!!

Have you considered any that are double depth, meaning that you could put two modules in the tray and push it fully under a game? I'd guess there are minor differences in leg width between various vendors - does your design fit under any machine or just the P3? Cool idea and much needed - there will be a market for this.

#270 1 year ago

Well, this is all very exciting! Congrats Scott and the rest of the team.

#271 1 year ago

This baby looks Fresh !The golden age of pinball 2.0 IS truly upon us Good Luck to both MM and Scot/team .Looking forward to one day owning a P3 you are now Firmly on our shortlist .

#272 1 year ago

Very impressive! This might be the best reveal video I've ever seen. Music fits the theme, obviously!

Don't forget us early adopters, guys - hopefully our machines will still work for all this!

#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very impressive! This might be the best reveal video I've ever seen. Music fits the theme, obviously!
Don't forget us early adopters, guys - hopefully our machines will still work for all this!

I might be biased, but i'm pretty partial to the Weird Al reveal video

#274 1 year ago

Looks cool! If you guys get a C&D from Sony due to C-12: Final Resistance, my renaming services are available.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

I might be biased, but i'm pretty partial to the Weird Al reveal video

LOL That was pretty darn good too!

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The Pinball News article says the artwork is included. Is that confirmed?

Bumping this so it doesn't get buried.

#277 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bumping this so it doesn't get buried.

I’m sure the press release came from Multimorphic.

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’m sure the press release came from Multimorphic.

Quote from Pinball News:

The kit includes a dedicated playfield module and the game’s software. Cabinet, backbox, bottom arch and speaker panel decals are available as optional extras for the full Final Resistance branded look.

#279 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The Pinball News article says the artwork is included. Is that confirmed?

The artwork will be an optional add-on, like with all games from Multimorphic. The Pinball News article has been corrected. Thanks for catching that one; it was a misinterpretation.

We're loving the enthusiasm for the game, and we'll look forward to showing it off live next week!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#280 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

The artwork will be an optional add-on, like with all games from Multimorphic. The Pinball News article has been corrected. Thanks for catching that one; it was a misinterpretation.
We're loving the enthusiasm for the game, and we'll look forward to showing it off live next week!
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Thanks Gerry. I figured that was the case, and that's the right way to go in my opinion.

The game looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see more and to get my hands on one! Congrats to everyone involved. I see this being a big seller for you!

#281 1 year ago

So does this Final Resistance take place after Total Nuclear Annihliation?

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yes... because I'm selling my TNA to fund this.

#283 1 year ago

All long shots, but looks like a real ass kicker. Congrats to MM and Scott!

#284 1 year ago

Looks awesome!

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Or does Final Resistance end with sending a resistance fighter back in time prequel style

#286 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Or does Final Resistance end with sending a resistance fighter back in time prequel style

I like this idea, sort of like Terminator and then maybe the 9 reactors in TNA composes one big supercomputer, i.e. Skynet? I know, a reach.

#287 1 year ago

weird al has a 12 month wait. How in the world is multimorphic releasing new games now? They cant possibly make new modules. Scott was stupid to align himself with gerry and P3. Scott will be lucky to sell 100 of these.

#288 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

weird al has a 12 month wait. How in the world is multimorphic releasing new games now? They cant possibly make new modules. Scott was stupid to align himself with gerry and P3.

#289 1 year ago

Trey and Eddie, I'm with you both. The ending of tna like most cinema, if you don't see a body, then she is not dead. I like the idea she in tna was surviving a post alien invasion where they are using the earth as wasteland nuclear fuel plants. The "translite" shows intact buildings ready to blow and this is their final battle to rid the scum and villainy. Could we meet who might have pulled the heroine back through time. A stretch anyway...

#290 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

weird al has a 12 month wait. How in the world is multimorphic releasing new games now? They cant possibly make new modules. Scott was stupid to align himself with gerry and P3. Scott will be lucky to sell 100 of these.

Every Goddamn thread! Quit trolling. Go outside! Find a new hobby and quit tarnishing ours. You are relentless.

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

You should probably stop with this since literally everyone else on this thread knows the truth, knows what you did, and can read. Have another 6 pack

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Every Goddamn thread! Quit trolling. Go outside! Find a new hobby and quit tarnishing ours. You are relentless.

Don’t feed the troll

#293 1 year ago

At 0:53 the inserts ice up. Cool effect, wonder what it does?

#294 1 year ago

n/m read a bit further up.

With Weird Al and now this I'm seriously considering getting one...still a pricey endeavor though.

#295 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

With Weird Al and now this I'm seriously considering getting one...still a pricey endeavor though.

Expensive but excellent value. Can’t wait for my turn in the queue to come up.

#296 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm seriously considering getting one...still a pricey endeavor though.

That’s what I’m thinking. I don’t care a bit for Weird Al and this is an expensive proposal unless you can get a good few modules you love. Not a handful of ok modules.

I’m wondering if these games would be considered good as stand alone pinball machines or are they just good P3 modules that you wouldn’t necessarily buy if it wasn’t for the ‘saving space’ in the game-room. I mean buying the base machine and 3 modules you’re at the about same cost as 3 Stern pros.

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is the most hilarious comment on Pinside today. That is, unless you don’t already own one. Then it just comes across … just get one dude

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is the most hilarious comment on Pinside today. That is, unless you don’t already own one. Then it just comes across … just get one dude

It would be, if I ever paid or had the desire to pay over 10k for a pinball machine.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would be, if I ever paid or had the desire to pay over 10k for a pinball machine.

You pay $8300 for the platform, then every game is under $4000 ... it very quickly becomes an excellent value.

But yes, as the only game, it is ... still cheaper than some new machines!

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think my comment didn’t come off right. How bout this: it’s worth the investment as soon as there’s 2 good games.! Wait, weird al, Drained, Heist, RitR, ROCs…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.