(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.
#201 1 year ago

Looks awesome!!!

#202 1 year ago

Anybody notice the direct Kick-back from one of the pop-up boxes? How does that work?

0.48 of the video.

Or is that my imagination?

#203 1 year ago

Looks like the balls are kicking out of the cannon there, not from the scoop.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Anybody notice the direct Kick-back from one of the pop-up boxes? How does that work?
0.48 of the video.
Or is that my imagination?

It's your imagination. It's the ball lock launch from the "tank". It clears the wall.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's your imagination. It's the ball lock launch from the "tank". It clears the wall.

I thought it was bouncing hard off the wall, but watching it again you are right. Hard to see on a phone screen. Holy hell firing it right over the walls is awesome!

Looks amazing, can’t wait to get my hands on it!

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I thought it was bouncing hard off the wall, but watching it again you are right. Hard to see on a phone screen. Holy hell firing it right over the walls is awesome!
Looks amazing, can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Actually, I think the ball is shot by the player into an open box and the tank almost simultaneously shoots a new ball out.
It's hard to tell its so fast but a great effect.

#207 1 year ago

Damn, that looks awesome!

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yes! It is official! I can say the real name out loud now. haha
Hope you guys love this module!
--Scott

Looks fantastic!! I’ve never been interested in P3 until now. I’m strongly leaning to ordering this.

What is the story about? How deep are the rules compared to what other pin? Is it a mode base or points based game?

#209 1 year ago

Looks cool. Given the lack of infinite space, the P3 is becoming pretty compelling.

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Looks cool. Given the lack of infinite space, the P3 is becoming pretty compelling.

Space and price. As an established customer, I'll be getting a new in box game for $3400

#211 1 year ago

Double post.

#212 1 year ago

@gstellenberg:

I'm in!

But, I am disappointed that there is no live stream (or prerecorded stream) detailing gameplay until a week after pre-orders open.

- Mark

#213 1 year ago

Looks really cool! Anyone know if they will have one at MGC? I have yet to play Heist or Weird Al as well so it would be great to give the P3 system another chance.

#214 1 year ago

Is this the same designer of TNA?

#215 1 year ago

Looks like a great shooting game with killer toy(s). Hopefully we'll learn more before preorders about the theme integration / story line. They show the resistance fighters in the promo and on the backglass but not in the gameplay footage. Looks like it will be similar to TNA where there is a loose background story but no actual characters.

#216 1 year ago

This release will sell a lot of P3 systems. Idk about you guys but I’m running low on space and funds. This system could be a solution to both of those problems. New modules are half the price of a stern pro and take up way less space. Very excited to see P3 grow and become a real contender with the big 3.

#217 1 year ago

Dude that looks bananas. Can’t wait to check it out at TPF, hopefully.

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

This release will sell a lot of P3 systems. Idk about you guys but I’m running low on space and funds. This system could be a solution to both of those problems. New modules are half the price of a stern pro and take up way less space. Very excited to see P3 grow and become a real contender with the big 3.

The big difference is with a stern pro, it's easy to sell and not lose your shirt.

How do used modules sell on open market out of curiosity?

#219 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is this the same designer of TNA?

Yes.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

The big difference is with a stern pro, it's easy to sell and not lose your shirt.
How do used modules sell on open market out of curiosity?

With the current backlog, existing P3 owners will quickly scoop up modules. Even after supply is caught up, existing owners will grab used modules at a typical pre-covid 10-20% discount. Plus easy to ship relatively cheap.

#221 1 year ago

How do people store modules? Can you fit a few under the machine?

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I’ve seen a custom cabinet that can hold several different modules stacked vertically.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

With the current backlog, existing P3 owners will quickly scoop up modules. Even after supply is caught up, existing owners will grab used modules at a typical pre-covid 10-20% discount. Plus easy to ship relatively cheap.

Great point. Didn’t even consider shipping and logistics advantages over a traditional pinball machine.

#224 1 year ago

Does the lady on the main graphic have a runny nose or is that a piercing of some sort?

#225 1 year ago

Looks awesome, congrats, Scott & Bowen! This is how I always hoped someone would approach the playfield-screen. Kinda like a real playfield with inserts, but with some animation & FX. This is far more cohesive and appealing than what the original titles were doing.

My only concern is that the flippers look “pushy” and not “snappy” in the trailer. How do P3 flippers feel these days? I think the last time I played it was over 10 years ago, and it was the early proto with no backbox.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does the lady on the main graphic have a runny nose or is that a piercing of some sort?

Don’t you know that all the cool kids these days are rockin’ boogies?!

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

They show the resistance fighters in the promo and on the backglass but not in the gameplay footage.

Heist was the same: It makes it much easier to write multiple games for the same module.

Edit: I know Heist has very character driven gameplay. I meant no character artwork on the playfield module...

- Mark

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nose plugs cause the future stinks!!!

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I wonder how you shave your nose hairs with those things in there, maybe they have to remove them? Anyways... nevermind. Game looks awesome.

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Septum ring.

Screenshot_20230306-092448 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230306-092448 (resized).png
#231 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

You can fit 2 boxed modules under the P3.

- Mark

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My only concern is that the flippers look “pushy” and not “snappy” in the trailer. How do P3 flippers feel these days? I think the last time I played it was over 10 years ago, and it was the early proto with no backbox.

I'm a flipper snob and I love them. They have a flipper upgrade kit for the older games

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Looks awesome, congrats, Scott & Bowen! This is how I always hoped someone would approach the playfield-screen. Kinda like a real playfield with inserts, but with some animation & FX. This is far more cohesive and appealing than what the original titles were doing.

Yes it looks more like a real pinball playfield.

I’m not in love with the planet in space art (like Alien). But otherwise seems like a hit.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Septum ring.
[quoted image]

Great Artwork, but questionable fashion choices all around.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder how you shave your nose hairs with those things in there, maybe they have to remove them? Anyways... nevermind. Game looks awesome.

I usually let my nose hair grow around mine. Keeps it nice and secure

Very excited about this game. But I am biased.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Great Artwork, but questionable fashion choices all around.

Barney Rubble set the cartoon fashion standard way too high.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm a flipper snob and I love them. They have a flipper upgrade kit for the older games

I agree. My original complaint about P3 many years ago was that the flippers felt weird. They fixed that. To me they feel every bit as good as Sterns now.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I actually prefer my P3 flippers over other manufacturers. Not sure what they felt like before but they are incredibly responsive now.

#239 1 year ago

I think the Spaceship looks rad AF, can't wait to play ROCs on this module too!

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 9.54.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-03-06 at 9.54.44 AM (resized).png
#240 1 year ago

See y'all soon. Can't wait to flip this one!

Final Resistance Gameplay Reveal

March 17 | 8 Eastern / 7 Central

http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

fr-stream (resized).jpgfr-stream (resized).jpg
#241 1 year ago

This has such a huge 90s RPG book cover vibe, and I say that with a deep love for that era.

Congrats Scott!

Edge Runners (resized).pngEdge Runners (resized).png
#242 1 year ago

The Pinball News article says the artwork is included. Is that confirmed?

#243 1 year ago

Excellent. This is the module I’ve been waiting for.

#244 1 year ago

What's the lead time for a new machine these days? I'll get in line but I'm out of space until later in the year.

#245 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This has such a huge 90s RPG book cover vibe, and I say that with a deep love for that era.
Congrats Scott!
[quoted image]

I agree. I hope this is the game that wins you over. I also had doubts about the P3 early on but ordered after they fixed the flipper feel and got the Weird Al license. I feel they are going to have a hard time keeping up with demand on this one.

#246 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

What's the lead time for a new machine these days? I'll get in line but I'm out of space until later in the year.

I ordered my P3 in February 2022, received Weird Al and base in January 2023, and hoping to get the other modules I ordered at the same time in the next few weeks.

Realistically, if you already have a P3 system, May at the earliest for the first batch of modules, but expect 6+ months. If you are ordereing a whole system, expect a year. The good news though is that you can put a deposit down on a system and pay when yours is on the line. $2,000 t reserve a spot isn't too horrible, or $500 to reserve a module.

I'd never pay 12k for a machine and wait a year+ for it (Who's waiting on their Paid In Full Cactus Canyon LE 12+ months later), but a depost... doable.

#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They got the future all wrong..... there aren't boogers in the future..... Just ask this guy, he knows.

bfe (resized).jpgbfe (resized).jpg
#248 1 year ago

Is this a continuation of TNA storyline or a new concept all together? I dig it either way. More Cyberpunk the better!

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I am biased but picky, and find the P3 flippers to be very snappy, and similar in feel more like Wms 90s flippers than current Stern flippers. Opinions vary for sure! The current flipper setup is not the same as the early proto, if that helps.

Having "real" inserts lets us do all sorts of fun things

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I am biased but picky, and find the P3 flippers to be very snappy, and similar in feel more like Wms 90s flippers than current Stern flippers. Opinions vary for sure! The current flipper setup is not the same as the early proto, if that helps.
Having "real" inserts lets us do all sorts of fun things

Great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/5?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.