(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

I, for one, am incredibly excited for people to see and play this game. I'm sure some won't like it, but I promise to not repeatedly tell them their opinion is wrong unless they repeatedly repeat their repeating opinion. Most of you are going to love it!
The team on this game is fantastic. I know most people know Scott and Bowen. Michael is the owner/creator of SkeletonGame, the pinball development framework that's used in some of your favorite commercial machines, lead programmer on WAMONH, and one of the most brilliant developers (and professors of software development) around. Rory is an expert at graphics/animation and is working overtime to make this game special. TJ is the mechanical engineer on the P3 and all of our game modules, which include some of the best engineering work the pinball industry has ever seen. Jonathan Bergeron (aka Johnny Crap) is a professional graffiti artist who's worked on other pinball machines and with big name production studios and rock bands on a wide array of projects. It's been fun to watch them all work together.
This team and the team making our other 2023 title are both legitimate pinball dream teams. We're lucky to have them making P3 games for you all to enjoy.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Super psyched to see what this group of talented people have blessed us with. Check out Johnny Crap’s artwork… Now I’m even more eager to peak behind the curtain!

https://www.johnnycrap.com/

4F0B9D6E-FD03-48CE-8457-1389FC6EE77E (resized).jpeg4F0B9D6E-FD03-48CE-8457-1389FC6EE77E (resized).jpeg
#152 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Super psyched to see what this group of talented people have blessed us with. Check out Johnny Crap’s artwork… Now I’m even more eager to peak behind the curtain!
https://www.johnnycrap.com/
[quoted image]

You may also be familiar with some of his other work

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/jonathan-bergeron

#153 1 year ago

When I saw this I immediately thought of Apollo 13 .Seeing that it is an original concept ,I’m thinking Mr Danessi’s project has something to do with saving the earth from climate change .I’m getting very close to ordering a P3 but I need 1 or 2 licensed themes that work for me before I take the plunge .I play Heist ,Lexy and some others by a friends house .He has a Weird Al but have not flipped it yet nor do I have any interest in Mr Yank .I just have next to zero interest in original themes unless it’s something like a P3 where I can have both in one pin .I’ll be watching and waiting

B2698241-B61F-49E5-8D42-F83BCF83C09F (resized).pngB2698241-B61F-49E5-8D42-F83BCF83C09F (resized).pngCDA89C2A-E6C2-4E30-9494-9768FD9159FE (resized).pngCDA89C2A-E6C2-4E30-9494-9768FD9159FE (resized).pngE5A77FA9-B407-454D-8709-85BC55352F3E (resized).pngE5A77FA9-B407-454D-8709-85BC55352F3E (resized).png
#154 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

When I saw this I immediately thought of Apollo 13 .Seeing that it is an original concept ,I’m thinking Mr Danessi’s project has something to do with saving the earth from climate change .I’m getting very close to ordering a P3 but I need 1 or 2 licensed themes that work for me before I take the plunge .I play Heist ,Lexy and some others by a friends house .He has a Weird Al but have not flipped it yet nor do I have any interest in Mr Yank .I just have next to zero interest in original themes unless it’s something like a P3 where I can have both in one pin .I’ll be watching and waiting
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Give mr Yank a try just to see the amazing engineering’s I am always impressive to see this in action,I am not a fan either.I am hoping they do a theme change on this very cool module!

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Give mr Yank a try just to see the amazing engineering’s I am always impressive to see this in action,I am not a fan either.I am hoping they do a theme change on this very cool module!

I will ,I hear it’s a fun shooter .

#156 1 year ago

I’m very interested in what this Scott Danessi title can be, I’d buy one with the other done games such as Heist or Al not really that interesting to me but if I had one killer game to start then the others are a small price to go along with and take up less gameroom real estate. What I mean is I wouldn’t pop for a heist or Al but if I already had a rig then it’s much easier to buy the modules as they don’t cost as much as a full game.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What I mean is I wouldn’t pop for a heist or Al but if I already had a rig then it’s much easier to buy the modules as they don’t cost as much as a full game.

Heist! is what made me put my deposit down. Still in the production queue so may skip to Carbon. But now I want all the modules, just a question of which order I can afford them in.

#158 1 year ago

Danesi says he's getting a second P3... Wonder if this means head to head play on his new module will be possible?

cpt (resized).pngcpt (resized).png
#159 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Danesi says he's getting a second P3... Wonder if this means head to head play on his new module will be possible?
[quoted image]

Multimorphic does already have the “Heads up!” Game which is really fun; I wish it was somehow possible to do internet head to head games, but honestly it’s way more fun when you’re right next to someone

#160 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Thanks for sharing.
I like Pepsi. My wife likes Coke, and nobody here cares.

I do!
My Mom liked Pepsi !
But I like Mexican coke !

#161 1 year ago

When do you guys think we will see this game? Friday? Texas Pinball Festival? February 29th?

#162 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Multimorphic does already have the “Heads up!” Game which is really fun; I wish it was somehow possible to do internet head to head games, but honestly it’s way more fun when you’re right next to someone

The best is battling Gerry!!! He’s a tough one

#163 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I'd seriously bet on it, some kind of NBA Fastbreak situation but over internet/no special hardware required. Even if this doesn't happen the P3 platform has so much potential for cool stuff that other pins can't easily do, can't wait to see what Scott's cooking up.

#164 1 year ago

I'd lean towards just have a development machine vs production. Lot easier to play a p3s other games while working on your own game.

Regardless have two is kinda pimp

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd lean towards just have a development machine vs production. Lot easier to play a p3s other games while working on your own game.
Regardless have two is kinda pimp

Zitt... you are killing me with rumor's here. You're saying Danesi could be working on another module?

#166 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The best is battling Gerry!!! He’s a tough one

He torched me 9 times of 10. That 10th time felt good, though.

#167 1 year ago

Zitt... you are killing me with rumor's here. You're saying Danesi could be working on another module?

No, I think he's just saying "One machine for work, one machine for fun."

#168 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Maybe instead of six(!) flipper buttons per game, they're cutting it back to one. Then you can play 2 games at one time. See, each one has ONE flipper button so you can play two games at one time, cause you have two... Nevermind.

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

No, I think he's just saying "One machine for work, one machine for fun."

Exactly. If you can afford to do that; it seems like the ideal situation. a "tester" and a "fun machine".

Knowing Scott... I'd bet he's not "done" with game number 6. I'm sure he'll be heavily involved in future titles in some way. Knowing Gerry; he's very happy to have Scott helping where ever he can.

#170 1 year ago

When do you guys think we will see this game? Friday? Texas Pinball Festival? February 29th?

Definitely Feb 29

#171 1 year ago

MM doesn’t do long drawn out releases - it won’t be long. TPF maybe

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Definitely Feb 29

Damn! I was really hoping to see this game at TPF 2023.

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

We've figured it out, at this point you really don't need to come into every new game thread and announce you aren't a buyer.

Why not? Who’s better than anyone here? None of us are.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Why not? Who’s better than anyone here? None of us are.

We've already established they didn't even actually read my post in the first place. Honestly if your contribution consists of "keep your opinion to yourself" I think you're in the wrong place.

Anyways, sniping over who's allowed to talk is boring. I'm surprised there hasn't been more dissecting of the actual teaser instead of the whining. If you want positive energy you need to contribute to it, not complain it's missing.

Clearly they're showing the apron part of the screen, with a full emulation of a sixteen-segment display. I highly doubt they went through the effort of emulating how you can animate with the segments just for the teaser, so I expect to see that in the game. Which is great, I miss sixteen-segments. Not quite the same on an LCD but it's the second best thing, and keeps the vibe.

Scott obviously composed the music, and it's keeping with the feel he brought to TNA. Even people who don't think of themselves as electronic music fans loved the soundtrack. More of that will go over well.

So we have segment displays giving a throwback feel ala TNA, TNA-like music, and a designer who likes to flaunt conventions and find new ways to use standard parts (the TNA formula, and things like R&M's left pop sling). Which makes me wonder, is Scott going to be the person to break up the LCD screen in a new way? It's not the only reason I don't like it, but a bit part of my objection to the physical aspect of the screen is just how empty things are.

I like games that mix up interesting things close. The left ramp on Shadow for instance. All long shots gets boring to me.

Can you not see Scott floating a pop bumper out over the screen? P3 is a terrible platform for a no-ramps solid state style game, but that doesn't mean elements of that couldn't find a way in with some engineering ingenuity. This is the kind of thing I meant when I said I genuinely wanted him to change my mind.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Damn! I was really hoping to see this game at TPF 2023.

[checks calendar for sarcasm]

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Definitely Feb 29

I dont get the joke.

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I dont get the joke.

Feb 29 is a leap year day. Which doesn't occur this year. I assume that's the joke.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Feb 29 is a leap year day. Which doesn't occur this year. I assume that's the joke.

Gotcha... So March 32nd then.

#179 1 year ago

Hahaha. Tpf for sure. What else? Any other shows soon? I never leave the house :/

#180 1 year ago

northvibe all one has to do is look at history. There's always been something around TPF. I, however, would not put it past Gerry to announce a week before to let people know to go to TPF. ;P
Of course, this could be the first year of nothing new to show.

1 week later
#182 1 year ago

Yes! It is official! I can say the real name out loud now. haha

Hope you guys love this module!

--Scott

#183 1 year ago

Looks like a fun layout. Nice job

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from Coz:

Looks like a fun layout. Nice job

The whole team has worked extremely hard on this thing. Thank you!

#185 1 year ago

TNA 3.0

Great job Scott! Looks fantastic.

#186 1 year ago

I'll be ordering on the 9th as instructed. Looks great and the theme hits my sweet spot.

Well done Scott and congradulations.

#187 1 year ago

I’m In! I was probably in no matter what

#188 1 year ago

Assuming this will be at TPF?

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'll be ordering on the 9th. Looks great and the theme hits my sweet spot.
Well done Scott and congradulations.

I'll be in on this also. I just need the Multimorphic to catch up with orders and get me the P3 I ordered last year.

#191 1 year ago

Looks sick! Excited to see more.

How do preorders work with multimorphic? Everything just done on the website I assume?

#192 1 year ago

At last, making the screen mimic an actual playfield complete with light inserts is a step in the right direction... As I suggested long ago.

P3 is now an extremely attractive offer and will attract many more buyers I'm sure.

#193 1 year ago

The P3 Email I got as a Weird Al owner:

Multimorphic, Inc. is proud to announce the 6th full game kit for the P3 Pinball Platform, Final Resistance!

Final Resistance delivers fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping gameplay with a wide variety of flowing shots and interactive toys. Music from creative director, Scott Danesi, artwork from Jonathan Bergeron, rules by Bowen Kerins, software and light shows by Michael Ocean, and graphics by Rory Cernuda combine to immerse you into the story of the game, a battle against the powerful invaders!

While continuing to leverage the unrivaled innovations of the P3 Platform, Final Resistance also uses the playfield display to deliver a mostly traditional pinball experience, resulting in another unique P3 game and an excellent addition to everybody's P3 game library.

The Final Resistance game kit will sell for $3400, with pre-orders opening on Thursday, March 9 at 9:00am Central Time. We're planning a livestream of gameplay for Friday, March 17 at 7:00pm Central Time.

Note - the game kit is a module that installs into a P3 Pinball Machine, which is purchased separately.

- If you already have a P3 or you have one on order, you'll be able to secure your Final Resistance game kit with a $500 non-refundable deposit. Unlike with Weird Al orders, Final Resistance game kit deposits will be securable on our webstore at https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-game-kits/multimorphic-game-kits/final-resistance/

- If you want to order a new P3 with the Final Resistance game kit, you'll be able to secure the order with a $2000 non-refundable deposit, plus a $500 deposit for each additional game kit you'd like to receive with the machine. Full machine orders will be handled by email according to the ordering instructions at https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-ordering-instructions/

Production of Final Resistance game kits will begin in May.

Orders will be processed in the order received.

Those of you with P3 machines on order and who want to add the Final Resistance game kit must order Final Resistance separately after pre-orders open.

Also, just to be clear, Final Resistance production is planned such that all outstanding Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity game kits ordered by existing P3 owners will ship before Final Resistance kits do.

#194 1 year ago

Cool looking mech. Kinda made me think of Galactic Tank Force for a second....

#195 1 year ago

Looks sick! Excited to see more.
How do preorders work with multimorphic? Everything just done on the website I assume?

Start by getting in line behind me.

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Start by getting in line behind me.

How do I do that if I'm already in front of you....

#197 1 year ago

I love the way they come out with new games, and I dont need a new cabinet or waste of space
Definately in on this thanks!

#198 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Cool looking mech. Kinda made me think of Galactic Tank Force for a second....

Ouch!

#199 1 year ago

How do I do that if I'm already in front of you....

def making a trip to your house now once you get this! This is by far the coolest P3 module I've seen yet.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yes! It is official! I can say the real name out loud now. haha
Hope you guys love this module!
--Scott

Great job to you and team. I haven't been a super huge fan of the P3 games, but this one is really cool. Love the two led counters, so it feels like a denasi game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/4?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.