(Topic ID: 330443)

Scott Danesi Game #3 Final Resistance! - Multimorphic 2023 (REVEAL TRAILER)

By SantaEatsCheese

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9565 (resized).jpg
E105DA67-CD9D-4DBF-A57A-495F3E84A150 (resized).jpeg
CBC23C60-4323-49A2-9904-F90FFBD89779 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FB_IMG_1693267426061 (resized).jpg
687EDEC5-B5A6-4EE2-8E7D-459EFAADFDFC (resized).jpeg
7D2ED9ED-1531-4D60-AD0B-6BDF9E795937 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpg
FiRe Pinbrew HD_R (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_232626236 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230324_163720564 (resized).jpg

There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.
#451 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I know you moved to Florida, but if anyone is interested in trying one out in the Metro DC/Baltimore area send me a PM and I'd be happy to let anyone try mine out. I'm planning on bringing mine to the Allentown show this year as well if I can drag it up the hill.

I may come back up that way soon, will contact you if time and wife allow.

#452 1 year ago

Order one around 2:50pm and got order number 4108.

#453 1 year ago
Quoted from Mocean:

*another* module announced/released in the window while waiting

Or two, as Drained also released in this window!

It's great to have so many choices of games to play. Not every game will be for everyone, but I am really excited to play Final Resistance!

#454 1 year ago

I know at one time, Gerry wanted to release 1 OEM P3 playfield module per year.

Then COVID happened.

I wonder if the 2 releases this year is just catching up, or a new cadence.

My wallet prefers the 1 a year approach... :-/

- Mark

#455 1 year ago

I got in at 3086

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from Shaker:

I wonder if the 2 releases this year is just catching up, or a new cadence.

I'm sure that he'd like to get to a "leadership" cadence. But he'd have to grow his manufacturing and design teams substantially or at least get several third party devs.
I agree on the pocket book. That said; two games/year at 3000 is doable if I have a normal well paying job.

#457 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm sure that he'd like to get to a "leadership" cadence. But he'd have to grow his manufacturing and design teams substantially or at least get several third party devs.

Gerry is obviously growing smartly. Buyers hate backlogs but they are great for planning and smoothing production, and getting funding. But this sure seems like the time to ramp up to a couple modules a year. Especially if you can have an extra design on the shelf if one is a weak seller. Imagine forecasting how many past modules every new P3 owner will buy is also tough. I’m more-and-more impressed as I see Gerry’s business model and plan unfold.

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Gerry is obviously growing smartly. Buyers hate backlogs but they are great for planning and smoothing production, and getting funding. But this sure seems like the time to ramp up to a couple modules a year. Especially if you can have an extra design on the shelf if one is a weak seller. Imagine forecasting how many past modules every new P3 owner will buy is also tough. I’m more-and-more impressed as I see Gerry’s business model and plan unfold.

Yep, the beauty of the plan is that new modules do not cannibalize sales of the older modules, they tend to increase sales from new platform buyers instead.

#459 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawker1:

My friend Adam has been making custom cabinets. He is designing modular stackable cabinets for the modules. The width tolerance has to be exact. And everyone he's made fits the modules. Prices are varied.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got a couple of these too, pretty cool! think Adam will be at TPM so if interested hit him up.

#461 1 year ago

Check this out! Make sure to "handle" the invaders properly. "Invaders must die!".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Check this out! Make sure to "handle" the invaders properly. "Invaders must die!".
[quoted image]

"Invader ZIM must die!*"

Fixed that for you Scott

#463 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

"Invader ZIM must die!*"

"I love this show!"

#464 1 year ago
Quoted from Venetic:

"Invader ZIM must die!*"
Fixed that for you Scott

Who's going to be the first to homebrew Final Resistance into Invader Zim? hahah!

#465 1 year ago

Yes, typing on phone too fast. Thanks for helping clarify.

#466 1 year ago

Seeing the pictures of the Galactic Tank Force playfield "leaked" today and the posts about the playfield being packed, I couldn't help but compare it to Final Resistance and all the comments made over the years about empty P3 playfields. May end up also buying GTF, but feel good about getting Final Resistance for a fraction of the price - and with the more awesome ship.

005-final-resistance (resized).jpg005-final-resistance (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7462192_3292235 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7462192_3292235 (resized).jpg
#467 1 year ago

Who's going to be the first to homebrew Final Resistance into Invader Zim? hahah!

You are, of course!
I'm sure you already have the license.

#468 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Seeing the pictures of the Galactic Tank Force playfield "leaked" today and the posts about the playfield being packed, I couldn't help but compare it to Final Resistance and all the comments made over the years about empty P3 playfields. May end up also buying GTF, but feel good about getting Final Resistance for a fraction of the price - and with the more awesome ship. [quoted image][quoted image]

Comparing the 2 games is definitely interesting for sure. I did make a conscious choice to lay out the FR playfield in a way that it would be a combo monster with only 2 flippers. If you look at both of these though, the playfield utilization is not too far off if you include the walls and scoops of the p3. Both games have the ability to block shots at close to the same distance from the flippers. Nordman definitely laid this out like a System 11 game and his is much more of a stop and go style with captive pops. These are just SOOO different in my opinion. This right here is the best part of pinball, infinite possibilities here. I cannot also help but see a tiny bit of Lexy Lightspeed here as well! Neat!

I also wanted to thank you all for the huge support with Final Resistance. We will not be letting you down with this game.
--Scott

#470 1 year ago

Did Final Resistance ship yet?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#471 1 year ago

When do we get a machine entry on pinside?

#472 1 year ago

When do we get a machine entry on pinside?

When it's produced beyond prototype I guess? Who adds games? Moderators?

#473 1 year ago

I was curious when we get eta on ship dates. I was one of the early ones so curious how that all works

#474 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I was curious when we get eta on ship dates. I was one of the early ones so curious how that all works

From Gerry's original announcement email:

Also, just to be clear, Final Resistance production is planned such that all outstanding Weird Al's Museum of Natural Hilarity game kits ordered by existing P3 owners will ship before Final Resistance kits do.

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

From Gerry's original announcement email:

Yeah, I read that but is mine in the front end of the new build or not. I’ve never ordered from them on a newly announced game. Will they send us an eta based off our order number? I know there is a chance it pushes

#476 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:Yeah, I read that but is mine in the front end of the new build or not. I’ve never ordered from them on a newly announced game. Will they send us an eta based off our order number? I know there is a chance it pushes

There's some folks that posted their order number in here. should give you an idea. I don't think MM has publicly announced how many P3's or modules they can produce in a week. It's all speculation at this point.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

There's some folks that posted their order number in here. should give you an idea. I don't think MM has publicly announced how many P3's or modules they can produce in a week. It's all speculation at this point.

Ok, mine was one of the early numbers so was curious. Thanks.

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, mine was one of the early numbers so was curious. Thanks.

How early?

Edit: NVM I found your post. My guess is you'll be within the first 2 weeks, whenever that happens to be. I'm 16 behind you.

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m still waiting to play a P3 before I order one.

Just do it, its worth it.

#480 1 year ago

3056 and Sarah said I had very quick fingers when I asked but didn’t tell me any more and I didn’t want to bug her

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I love Scott, I love his creative thinking, I am 100% excited to play his game, and will do so the first chance I get.
I have a lot of thoughts on the P3 that I'd love to discuss intelligently with people, but I don't really know where to do it. I don't want to bring up criticisms in his game thread, and honestly it's been made pretty clear that my comments aren't welcome in the club thread. Dealing with that kind of energy is just exhausting and doesn't lead to an interesting conversation.
Maybe it's better to just let it all go and try and find an opportunity to play when I can.

I have no idea what your thoughts are or why, but I have my own internal grappling with it for reasons that I can't really put my finger on. Thus far I've played P3 games once a year at every TPF I've attended. It's really weird to me in that I appreciate and admire the different approach and technological advancements Multimorphic has developed and put into their games. However, while I really want to love the platform, every time I've played thus far I walk away thinking/feeling apathetic towards it. Final Resistance has peeked my curiosity again, and I'm really looking forward to playing it at TPF this year (I assume it will be there). Maybe this is the game that finally gets me excited about P3 and causes me to seriously consider purchasing one.

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have no idea what your thoughts are or why, but I have my own internal grappling with it for reasons that I can't really put my finger on. Thus far I've played P3 games once a year at every TPF I've attended. It's really weird to me in that I appreciate and admire the different approach and technological advancements Multimorphic has developed and put into their games. However, while I really want to love the platform, every time I've played thus far I walk away thinking/feeling apathetic towards it. Final Resistance has peeked my curiosity again, and I'm really looking forward to playing it at TPF this year (I assume it will be there). Maybe this is the game that finally gets me excited about P3 and causes me to seriously consider purchasing one.

Find a local Pinsider P3 owner who will give you a tour and let you play for an hour or two outside of the show environment...

- Mark

#483 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a lot of thoughts on the P3 that I'd love to discuss intelligently with people, but I don't really know where to do it. I don't want to bring up criticisms in his game thread, and honestly it's been made pretty clear that my comments aren't welcome in the club thread. Dealing with that kind of energy is just exhausting and doesn't lead to an interesting conversation.

How about starting a P3 discussion thread? I see an old opinion thread which is not quite the same thing, and there's been a lot of development since that thread.
I'm an owner and see no problem with a thread where people can discuss what they view as the pros and cons of the P3 system in a constructive way.
I agree that it's better to do that outside of a specific game thread.

#484 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

How about starting a P3 discussion thread?

I feel like if you start a thread like that you have a certain obligation to respond to it, and I'm just not sure I have the energy to deal with it right now. Maybe if someone else does it in the meantime I'll put some thoughts in there.

#485 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I feel like if you start a thread like that you have a certain obligation to respond to it, and I'm just not sure I have the energy to deal with it right now. Maybe if someone else does it in the meantime I'll put some thoughts in there.

Here you go!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/p3-discussion-thread

#486 1 year ago

Yeah! Check this out!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/final-resistance

I will add more glamour pics this week for us.
--Scott

#487 1 year ago

Yeah! Check this out!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/final-resistance
I will add more glamour pics this week for us.
--Scott

It's on order so I added it to my collection! #first

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Can you do that? hmmm... adds 4 - P3 modules to collection.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I don’t make the rules!

#490 1 year ago

I added it to my collection because I technically have the code on my computer... that counts right??? HAHA!
--Scott

#491 1 year ago

I added it to my collection because I technically have the code on my computer... that counts right??? HAHA!

: Squinty eyes :

#492 1 year ago

--Scott

Not unless I get to add the hundreds of VPX tables I have on my Virtual Pinball Cabinet!

- Mark

#493 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Quoted from BorgDog:

Boo! It doesn't count until it's in your posession. How many Raza's are in colelctions then?

--Scott

As the designer... you get a pass.

#494 1 year ago

--Scott

lol. ...but have you reviewed it yet!?

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

lol. ...but have you reviewed it yet!?

--Scott

True... but this is the same guy who review bombed his own pin with all 10s. Just because you made the machine by hand in your garage doesn't mean it's exactly what you wanted.

#496 1 year ago

True... but this is the same guy who review bombed his own pin with all 10s. Just because you made the machine by hand in your garage doesn't mean it's exactly what you wanted.

I’ve read this comment 10x and I still don’t understand what you mean

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Scott made TNA, obviously he thinks it's perfect.

#498 1 year ago

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My poor attempt at humor. If you listen to the buffalo pinball interview with Scott Danesi (nerd here) Scott talks about getting beaten up online for rating his TNA... that he designed... as a 10/10. It's still flagged for review by 8+ pinsiders.

Cougar (resized).pngCougar (resized).png
#499 1 year ago

My poor attempt at humor. If you listen to the buffalo pinball interview with Scott Danesi (nerd here) Scott talks about getting beaten up online for rating his TNA... that he designed... as a 10/10. It's still flagged for review by 8+ pinsiders.
[quoted image]

Got it! Thanks - I didn’t know the backstory. I must have missed that part in Kevin’s stream. LOL the payphone!?!

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Scott made TNA, obviously he thinks it's perfect.

But it is pinball perfection!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Ebensburg, PA
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 11,700.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 830 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-game-3-multimorphic-2023/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.