(Topic ID: 190063)

Scotch drinkers club. Let's have a dram!

By Pinhead306

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 255 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pinhead306
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-1877 (resized).jpg
8C241813-8E9B-406E-9DCC-72E5C4DE2001 (resized).jpeg
20210525_215614.jpg
C201B909-57BD-4469-836B-02093C0D2F3C (resized).jpeg
57747BCB-F695-486B-AA4C-9D9A235130DC (resized).jpeg
A1C4635A-358F-4D22-A1CF-DD18EEE7A912 (resized).jpeg
2C89E310-EE1C-437C-9EF0-9F187ABC043B (resized).jpeg
9266C7E1-762F-42CD-8CAF-91E7AE6D1846 (resized).jpeg
E57CD8C7-6ACB-461D-8B88-1BEDA09E19E9 (resized).jpeg
D157009D-6118-40BA-96DC-1FFAA58164B4 (resized).jpeg
6B77EC0F-6B87-4995-BF51-8DCA85B7EF8D (resized).jpeg
29523E6D-8F7B-40EE-B4E2-4491FE8D8025 (resized).jpeg
5ABFFF4B-972B-42E8-BD9F-40F05C334F44 (resized).jpeg
CDE53C58-E179-4CDD-A2A6-F90FE3F12BE1 (resized).jpeg
johnnie-walker-black-12 (resized).jpg
8E0EF5B1-40B3-4106-83B9-A97B6771CC65 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead306.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey I've recently been enjoying drinking some decent scotch, would like too see what others enjoy and suggest to try as well. So far I would say the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is my favorite, but they are all delicious!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#13 6 years ago

Thanks for all the insight I think I'm going to go with a Balvinie for my next addition to the collection! Or maybe Ardbeg! Highland Park is definately up there as well. Have to throw a shout out too fellow pinsider Shaub for letting me sample his laphroaig and turning me onto the peaty scotches. Also a huge shout out to a great friend and fellow pinsider debow for putting me onto scotch in the first place!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

What are three Scotches I should try as a rookie? I'd like to get into Scotch.

I am rather new as well. I would suggest glenmorangie Quinta ruban for a nice sweet smooth starter, also an auchentoshan 12 along the same lines and a laphroaig quarter cask for an introduction into smokey peaty scotches too see if you enjoy them.

#18 6 years ago

Haha I spy a Traverse city whisky!!! I had some helpers on my rig from traverse city!

#21 6 years ago

WhiskeyFest sounds like a wonderful time and a great way to try tons of scotch!

#33 6 years ago

I tried a Macallan Amber at fellow pinsider shaubs house recently and it was a fine scotch although I don't know the year.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Nice pics. That looks awesome.

I 2nd that!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah it was amazing. 7 days of 75 degrees and sun with 5 rounds of golf too!
I wasn't a Scotch fan before, but instantly became one.

I would love to golf there! Must have been a great vacation.

1 week later
#47 6 years ago

Took some great advice here and grabbed myself a bottle of glenmorangie nectar d'or. Also grabbed a bottle of anCnoc 12. Really liking the nectar!!!

#48 6 years ago

So far I would say my top 3 that I have tried are balvinie carribean cask, glenmorangie Quinta ruban and nectar d'or. In no particular order.

#50 6 years ago

I agree it's like splitting hairs! They are both great!

#54 6 years ago

That's a very nice gift congrats!

#55 6 years ago

I got this one to try out! Haven't heard much about it but I like the Quinta ruban and nectar d'or so figured this might be nice.

2 weeks later
#59 6 years ago

I love that nectar! So delicious!

#70 6 years ago

I tried a friends lagavulin 16 at a fello pinsiders and it was delicious. I found it was more well balanced then the laphroaig.

#92 6 years ago

I bet that ardbeg is delicious! Nice pick ups! I have yet to try any of the talisker line.

#97 6 years ago

I also enjoy all the pictures. Some great recommendations in here. I like that airplane in the decanter also.

3 weeks later
#113 6 years ago

Picked this guy up on the road trip to pick up a whirlwind yesterday.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#116 6 years ago

Tapped into her tonight! Love the subtle peat! Thanks for the previous recommendation.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#126 6 years ago

Had a dram of this beauty last night. So delicious.

IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPG

IMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Man, I sure would like to have a drink of that
I am in NC and we are having a drawing next week for Pappy, Weller, and Elmer T. Lee. Wish me luck
In case you ever wondered what the MSRPs for these bottles are, here’s the official listing:
· Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 proof $60
· Van Winkle Special Reserve Bourbon 12 Year Old $70
· Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 15 Year Old $100
· Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old $170
· Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 23 Year Old $270

Good luck! I'm going to look into any draws around here. I recently picked up my first bourbon to try and I actually don't mind it at all. Picked up a buffalo trace.

#135 6 years ago

Picked up a random bottle to try something different. Not a huge fan of this choice. Much prefer the recommended choices from this thread.

IMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPG

#137 6 years ago

Cheers my friend! Glad to have you.

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

I have been a big fan of Japanese whisky for years. The rest of the world caught on and price went way up as availability plummeted. The Yoichi 15 is my favorite, sadly it is gone. They have released a NAS version of Yoichi and Miyagikyo which I have not opened yet but have read good things. The Hibiki Harmony is same story, a younger blend as the aged whiskies could not keep up with demand. I have a 12 and 17 so I'm good for now. Hakushu 12 is still fairly easy to acquire.
The Aberlour Abunahd is wicked good stuff. Cask strength at about 121 proof, what a sherry bomb, love love it!

You have a great selection! I'm going to have to try out the Abunahd and also maybe a Japanese whiskey.

1 month later
#142 6 years ago

Sorry guys been busy working out of town for awhile.

Quoted from jsalce:Never had the 12 year, let us know what you think of it.

At first I didn't care for it. I came back to it a week later and love it now. I think my next pick up will be the cask strength.

#143 6 years ago

I'm a little behind I've tried a few bottles lately that I haven't posted. So might as well start with my favorited. Lagavulin 8 yr limited release. Starts out very bright with almost a sweet citrus taste then levels out with some smooth smoke. I lucked out and found a local store had a few bottles. If you like peat I suggest this one if you come across it it's a delicious dram.

IMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#152 6 years ago

Picked this up recently and it's a great scotch. I'd almost say smoother then the Caribbean cask and just as tasty.

IMG_0292 (resized).JPGIMG_0292 (resized).JPG

#153 6 years ago

Received this for Xmas and tried it last weekend while ice fishing. Probably my least favourite that I've had so far. Not much for good flavor with lots of burn.

IMG_0291 (resized).JPGIMG_0291 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#157 6 years ago

Picked this cask strength up I haven't opened it yet. Pretty excited tho.

IMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPG

#158 6 years ago

I also like the glencarin glass I find it helps concentrate the smell more so I can pick out more notes.

1 year later
#225 5 years ago

Tried some of this bacalta don’t care for it as much as the nector or the Quinta but I like it better then the lasanta.

1 year later
#229 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

This is my favorite right now[quoted image]

I’ve heard that is a good dram. I’ll have to try it out soon.

4 months later
#239 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Anyone a member of Flaviar? I just got the Peaty sampler
[quoted image][quoted image]

No I haven’t heard of it. How was the sampler?

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Awesome, I had been thinking of it for a while, finally bit the bullet. It’s not a bad deal, you get samplers and a bottle 4x a year. Kind of fun to try new things without buying a whole bottle

Does it say what type each sample is? Also how much for the subscription?

7 months later
#255 2 years ago
Quoted from saucerman:

named best whisky in the world at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition back in May....and it's delish...not the best I ever had but still a damn good dram. If you can track one down you just might have to trade a pinball machine or two...
[quoted image]

Looks like an amazing collection!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead306.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scotch-drinkers-club?tu=pinhead306 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.