You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9EB39758-F2D5-4A09-BC8C-B5BD467DDE1C (resized).jpeg
5128FBB7-4320-4530-A445-8099F1C0C2C8 (resized).jpeg
Untitled (resized).png

#1 9 months ago

I am having the weirdest issue where my Scorpion has stopped registering the coin drop. Everything inside of the game works perfectly. In fact, the game has been coining for quite some time.

I’ve run a switch test, which doesn’t show anything out of the ordinary and coil tests that work perfectly.

I’ve never had an issue at the coin door, so I am curious if someone has a suggestion.

#2 9 months ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ve run a switch test, which doesn’t show anything out of the ordinary and coil tests that work perfectly.

So when you run the switch test and operate all the switches by hand they all work including the coin mech switch?

#3 9 months ago
Quoted from wayout440:

So when you run the switch test and operate all the switches by hand they all work including the coin mech switch?

It does not appear the coin mech switches are registering. I guess I need to trace some wires?

#4 9 months ago

Yes. Check the Green/Brown wire, that's your column wire, and whichever coin mech(s) are not working (white wire with a stripe as shown on the left of the switch matrix diagram) They could be broken where stressed at the coin door, or possibly broken at whatever switch they are daisy chaining from. The switch itself could be bad, so momentarily grounding the column to row switch should register a coin if the wiring is good, so you might check that first.

Untitled (resized).png
#5 9 months ago

Does Scorpion still use those crappy wire-forms for the coin switches? Those things get screwed up pretty regularly. Always hated those things.
If you can pinch the switch leaves together and get it to coin-up, but dropping a coin doesn't work, it's probably one of them got bent out of shape.

-Hans

#6 9 months ago

I found the issues. Oddly, two solder points broke off at the same time. I didn’t have my iron with me so I did some crappy hacks and smashed them into the switch blades for right now.

One was a coin switch and the coin door tamper switch.

One of the solder points is actually a broken coin switch. So now I need to figure out what leaf switches these are and get a few more.

Ty for all of the suggestions!!

5128FBB7-4320-4530-A445-8099F1C0C2C8 (resized).jpeg9EB39758-F2D5-4A09-BC8C-B5BD467DDE1C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Tools
Pincoder Store
$ 11.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!