Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Scorpion_Rubber_Rings.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_5016 (resized).jpeg
Williams_Scorpion_Coil_Wrappers.pdf (PDF preview)
20200619_160637 (resized).jpg
20220121_165138 (resized).jpg
20220121_165143 (resized).jpg
20220121_170244 (resized).jpg
Scorpion Rule Card (resized).png
scorpion free play (resized).png
20201029_075736 (resized).jpg
20201029_075751 (resized).jpg
20201102_134329 (resized).jpg
20201102_134346 (resized).jpg
20201101_125437 (resized).jpg
0D2F10C3-A7B6-4D92-A57D-03362E34BFAA (resized).jpeg
0F37FAA1-2F93-4DD8-8618-648140E2C681 (resized).jpeg
There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Never even heard of this game but one came up and I grabbed it, very fun pin with good gameplay and sound, fast for a widebody and ofcourse a cool theme. I think its highly underrated but thats another reason to love it, this will be a small club but what the hell.

DSC02338.jpgDSC02338.jpg

DSC02339.jpgDSC02339.jpg

DSC02337.jpgDSC02337.jpg

DSC02342.jpgDSC02342.jpg

DSC02341.jpgDSC02341.jpg

DSC02340.jpgDSC02340.jpg

DSC02344.jpgDSC02344.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I used to have one in pretty good shape. Couldn't get into it but I'm not a fan of widebodies overall.

#3 8 years ago

I have one, in fact just picked it up from a friends place tonight where it's been living for a few years. I like the game, and it has always been popular at our club events. Center 5 target drop bank can be deadly but since it advances the multiplier you really can't avoid it, I missed a drop on that bank that cost me a shot at our club championship several years ago!!

#4 8 years ago

I've wanted one for a while. Waiting for one to pop up in my area.

#5 8 years ago

2 nice games you got there. I like them.

#6 8 years ago

Scorpion is fun, I like it. Not a well known game, doesn't get talked about a ton, but that just means you can usually pick them up for under $1000.

#7 8 years ago

I have one...I had traded mine that I restored a few years ago, and missed it so I ended up buying it back from the guy I traded it to. Fun game, I like the MB, how you have to keep the balls moving, can't hold them on the flipper or it stops adding time. Now that I have it back it isn't leaving again!! I had it at Chicago Expo a few years ago, I need to take it back out to some shows again, maybe next season!

Phoebe

#8 8 years ago

These guys like it too

#9 8 years ago

When we did the Guinness world record for most pinball machines played at once in Banning (suck it Texas!) I picked Scorpion as my game to play. True story.™

1 week later
#11 8 years ago

Completed Lights. Love this pin.

DSC02368.jpgDSC02368.jpg

DSC02366.jpgDSC02366.jpg

DSC02367.jpgDSC02367.jpg

DSC02369.jpgDSC02369.jpg

DSC02370.jpgDSC02370.jpg

DSC02371.jpgDSC02371.jpg

DSC02373.jpgDSC02373.jpg

DSC02372.jpgDSC02372.jpg

#13 8 years ago

Always wanted to play thus pin in my league but never seen it yet. My favorite band is the Scorpions even thou pin has nothing to do with them.

#14 8 years ago

Just picked up one over the weekend. I've been looking for a Scorpion since I played it at Allentown 2 years ago and it just so happens that the guy that brought it to Allentown put it up on Craigslist and lived 10 minutes from my house.

After multi-ball, is there a way to relight the locks or do you have to drain to relight?

#15 8 years ago

Let's see some pics oopsallberrys

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Just picked up one over the weekend. I've been looking for a Scorpion since I played it at Allentown 2 years ago and it just so happens that the guy that brought it to Allentown put it up on Craigslist and lived 10 minutes from my house.
After multi-ball, is there a way to relight the locks or do you have to drain to relight?

I don't know if there is a setting to change this...Mine and everyone I have played has been that when you loose the MB, the locks are automatically lit again. You don't have to do anything to relight them. Just lock both balls again, and MB starts again.

Phoebe

#17 8 years ago

Cool playfield art. I like how that battleship thing gets a wood colored hull.
1449015202261-2092874263.jpg1449015202261-2092874263.jpg

#18 8 years ago

Just curious why this is called scorpion but no scorpions on artwork?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I don't know if there is a setting to change this...Mine and everyone I have played has been that when you loose the MB, the locks are automatically lit again. You don't have to do anything to relight them. Just lock both balls again, and MB starts again.
Phoebe

Just noticed function 31 in the operators handbook. I'll have to check which setting mine is on.

Anyone have scans of the actual manual with schematics? The operators manual is easy to find online.

Screenshot_20151201-215741.pngScreenshot_20151201-215741.png

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I know that the ship battling the large 2-headed hydra is called the Scorpion, as seen on the backglass. Also, there are stenciled scorpions on the cabinet sides.

#21 8 years ago

Thanks always was curious to know, probably bed I am a scorpio as well, ha funny.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Its the name of the boat thats fighting the 2 heading weird looking lizard.

#23 8 years ago

20151207_011644.jpg20151207_011644.jpg

I've had this since about March. Rebuilt the power supply over the summer, but never got to test it until tonight.

This is as far as I can get. I have sound. I have GI. But I can't tell much else. The CPU seems good (One flash on boot, 2 flashes when I push the diagnostic button).

I know the Driver board needs some TLC. And the sound board seems to be the source of a lovely electrolyte smell in the basement which is causing some wifely distress. Other than that, I don't know. Pre-Sys11 game settings feel like they're Russian to me.

Thoughts?

#24 8 years ago

Often one or both of the PIA chips have failed when you see that 0_0_0 pattern.

Check IC10 (lamp) and IC5 (solenoid) on the driver board

#25 8 years ago

Just the man I had hoped would see my problem! Thanks, vid! I'll look at the board after work.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Just the man I had hoped would see my problem!

Usually everyone says I'm the last person they want to see.......

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Usually everyone says I'm the last person they want to see.......

So.....should i take down this shrine in my basement?

#28 8 years ago

20151208_020117.jpg20151208_020117.jpg

Switched the driver board out with one I had laying around that I thought was good. Nice to see my displays are in great shape. Still no coils or inserts. Maybe not even switch inputs aside from the service buttons. I'm not positive on that, but it just won't coin up.

Looks like I'm getting into logic probe territory.

1 year later
#29 6 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

Just noticed function 31 in the operators handbook. I'll have to check which setting mine is on.
Anyone have scans of the actual manual with schematics? The operators manual is easy to find online.

What does that function actually do? Does "No Memory" mean ball locks are cleared after each ball?

3 months later
#30 6 years ago

I'm in the club! Lol, I am going to pick one up that's like 400 miles away...how awesome is that! I've never played it, but I watched videos read info...looks f'ing great! I'll post pictures once I have it.

#31 6 years ago

With the help of travisbmartin I was able to assemble a service manual. Here it is if someone needs it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4eGpJj7HefwUkdVeENVSmpjcUxjQXMxWmw5MFhkaUI4WWZN

3 months later
#32 5 years ago

Shot in the dark considering there aren't a ton of these still floating around, but does anyone happen to have a hi-res scan of the backglass? My glass is pretty poor and finding a replacement is about impossible.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Shot in the dark considering there aren't a ton of these still floating around, but does anyone happen to have a hi-res scan of the backglass? My glass is pretty poor and finding a replacement is about impossible.

I can take some pictures if that would help? Mine is a little rough, but not horrible.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I've got a minty backglass in mine but no way to get a real scan of it right now. I can take pictures if that's useful at all.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

I've got a minty backglass in mine but no way to get a real scan of it right now. I can take pictures if that's useful at all.

Thanks (and also to you @Aniraf). Straight pictures won't be able to be turned into a backglass, unfortunately. Too much distortion, natural light, etc. Was worth a shot at least

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Thanks (and also to you Aniraf). Straight pictures won't be able to be turned into a backglass, unfortunately. Too much distortion, natural light, etc. Was worth a shot at least

If you can find a way to reproduce the backglass with the mirrored effect, I would absolutely be down for one.

#37 5 years ago

Mine.... I wish I could find a better Backglass as well, it's not bad unlit, but it shows some spots lit. Need to find some decals for the targets.....

IMG_1101 (resized).jpgIMG_1101 (resized).jpg

IMG_0222 (resized).jpgIMG_0222 (resized).jpg

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

Mine.... I wish I could find a better Backglass as well, it's not bad unlit, but it shows some spots lit. Need to find some decals for the targets.....

I love this game! I wish the parts were available :/.

#39 5 years ago

Anyone happen to have a NOS or decent playfield available?

#40 5 years ago

WeatherbyMAG Drop Target decals are available....and cheap.

https://littleshopofgames.com/product/scorpion-target-decals/

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

WEATHERBYMAG Drop Target decals are available....and cheap.
https://littleshopofgames.com/product/scorpion-target-decals/

Sweet! I had seen some available overseas at one time, but buying a set of spinner decals all way from Europe seems a bit ridiculous. That's first I've seen them in the States. I'll get a set ordered. Someone replaced the targets before I got game & plain purple is not overly attractive.

#42 5 years ago

Sweet! I had seen some available overseas at one time, but buying a set of spinner decals all way from Europe seems a bit ridiculous. That's first I've seen them in the States. I'll get a set ordered. Someone replaced the targets before I got game & plain purple is not overly attractive.

WeatherbyMAG These decals are also currently available from Planetary Pinball (PPS) for the same price. Those ones are Laminated.... Not sure about the ones at LSOG. Might want to check both and figure out who has cheaper shipping

Also, I'm 99% sure that the spinner decals are the exact same ones that were used for Gorgar. That is also available for cheap at PPS (6 bucks). Just search for "Gorgar Spinner Decal". If you need both, get from PPS and you'll only pay shipping once. No brainer.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

WEATHERBYMAG These decals are also currently available from Planetary Pinball (PPS) for the same price. Those ones are Laminated.... Not sure about the ones at LSOG. Might want to check both and figure out who has cheaper shipping
Also, I'm 99% sure that the spinner decals are the exact same ones that were used for Gorgar. That is also available for cheap at PPS (6 bucks). Just search for "Gorgar Spinner Decal". If you need both, get from PPS and you'll only pay shipping once. No brainer.

Yeah I knew the spinner was the same as Gorgar. I've ordered from Planetary before & just never thought to put Scorpion in the search field & look for target decals. I knew Marco, PBR & Classic Arcades did not have them. Just never thought of Planetary.

Thanks for the info

#44 5 years ago

FYI, I have my Scorpion for sale in the PS ads section

#45 5 years ago

Anyone have any idea why my backbox GI has gone dim? I have 95% LEDs, and I haven’t seen anything like this.

#46 5 years ago

I assume you've tried some wiggling the bulbs?

Can you elaborate? Did this just start out of the blue or when you were doing something? Is it only the GI on the backbox? Is it at all times, or when you do certain things (like hit the flippers)?

Immediate thought is that this would be something in the games power supply or the wiring to the head, since it is only affecting the backbox GI. Start by checking the fuses (maybe one that powers the lamps is just hanging on by a thread...visually inspect in addition to continuity) and replace as needed. Secondarily, check the power supply board for burnt connectors/pins (and loose wires) running to the head.
After that, you may have to pull out the big guns and test the capacitors, the bridge rectifier and take a look at that massive filter capacitor at the base of the backbox.

Good troubleshooting tutorial for system 3-7 games can be found at http://pinball.flippers.info/system6resources.asp

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

I assume you've tried some wiggling the bulbs?
Can you elaborate? Did this just start out of the blue or when you were doing something? Is it only the GI on the backbox? Is it at all times, or when you do certain things (like hit the flippers)?
Immediate thought is that this would be something in the games power supply or the wiring to the head, since it is only affecting the backbox GI. Start by checking the fuses (maybe one that powers the lamps is just hanging on by a thread...visually inspect in addition to continuity) and replace as needed. Secondarily, check the power supply board for burnt connectors/pins (and loose wires) running to the head.
After that, you may have to pull out the big guns and test the capacitors, the bridge rectifier and take a look at that massive filter capacitor at the base of the backbox.
Good troubleshooting tutorial for system 3-7 games can be found at http://pinball.flippers.info/system6resources.asp

Excellent, I'll read through this.

I actually have the game on route and I showed up only to notice that the backbox was very dim. All of the active backbox lighting (player number, timer, tilt, etc) lights correctly, but the general lights are at about 15%. The playfield looks perfect, and there are no lighting issues anywhere else in the game. I don't know when it happened, but seeing as I'm the only person with a key, I suspect it was not caused by change.

Wiggling the bulbs or removing/replacing them doesn't do anything.

#48 5 years ago

Well, considering the backbox GI in scorpion is solid on all the time and I don't think there is an attract mode, that should pretty much rule out interaction with the Mpu, Driver and Sound board. Gotta be something with either wiring or the power supply chain.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Well, considering the backbox GI in scorpion is solid on all the time and I don't think there is an attract mode, that should pretty much rule out interaction with the Mpu, Driver and Sound board. Gotta be something with either wiring or the power supply chain.

I did install a pinscore scoreboard because the old one was failing. I would have assumed the drop in required wattage between the pinscore and LEDs would have helped the game :/.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I did install a pinscore scoreboard because the old one was failing. I would have assumed the drop in required wattage between the pinscore and LEDs would have helped the game :/.

Well... Failing components are failing components.... Once that happens, not much you can do.

I have an issue to track down on mine too with a blowing Solonoid fuse. Hopefully, I will get to it in the next couple weeks (shopping my Johnny Mnemonic is first in line). When I do, I'll look over the wiring chain to the backbox GI and might be able to point you more in the right direction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorpion-fan-club?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.