Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P3 (resized).jpg
RB (resized).jpg
P2 (resized).jpg
RB (resized).jpg
P1 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

When I enter more than 1 player on my Williams High Speed game the following happens.

Push once for 1 Player: Everything normal.
Push again for 2 Player: Back display flashes "Ramp Bonus 50,000" then spots player one 61,610 points, followed by 2 clicks from the right hideout solenoid.
Push again for 3 Player: Back display again flashes "Ramp Bonus 50,000" then spots player one 139,220 points, followed by another 2 clicks from the right hideout solenoid.

I have gone through and checked every diode in the switch matrix and found no issues (only exception is the Center Coin Chute, which I don't believe I have on my machine). Each diode reads approx. .58v drop in one direction and .OL in the other on my DMM set to diode setting. All diodes are facing the correct direction and are securely soldered.

When I go into Switch Edge Test and manually activate each switch separately the display does shows the correct switch each time except when I push the Credit button (#03) and Right Coin Chute (#04). When I activate those separately the display shows "Upper Left Star" (#51) for some reason. The "Upper Left Star" works just fine and everything appears okay with it.

When I go into Switch Level (05) in diagnostics and cycle through the switches using the Credit button I get the following on the display.

1) First Push: #03 "Credit Button"
2) Second Push: #51 "U Left Star"
3) Third Push: #43 "Right Ramp"
4) Forth Push: #35 "R Jet Bumper"
5) Fifth Push: #27 "Target Arrow"
6) Sixth Push: #19 "UL Bank Green"
7) Seventh Push: #11 "Center Trough"

These happen to be the 7 switches on row #3 of the switch matrix. It seems odd and could be an indication of where the issue is but not sure.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This have me scratching my head.
P1 (resized).jpgP1 (resized).jpgRB (resized).jpgRB (resized).jpgP2 (resized).jpgP2 (resized).jpgRB (resized).jpgRB (resized).jpgP3 (resized).jpgP3 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Check the right star rollover.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Check the right star rollover.

Quoted from Cwest:

When I enter more than 1 player on my Williams High Speed game the following happens.
Push once for 1 Player: Everything normal.
Push again for 2 Player: Back display flashes "Ramp Bonus 50,000" then spots player one 61,610 points, followed by 2 clicks from the right hideout solenoid.
Push again for 3 Player: Back display again flashes "Ramp Bonus 50,000" then spots player one 139,220 points, followed by another 2 clicks from the right hideout solenoid.
I have gone through and checked every diode in the switch matrix and found no issues (only exception is the Center Coin Chute, which I don't believe I have on my machine). Each diode reads approx. .58v drop in one direction and .OL in the other on my DMM set to diode setting. All diodes are facing the correct direction and are securely soldered.
When I go into Switch Edge Test and manually activate each switch separately the display does shows the correct switch each time except when I push the Credit button (#03) and Right Coin Chute (#04). When I activate those separately the display shows "Upper Left Star" (#51) for some reason. The "Upper Left Star" works just fine and everything appears okay with it.
When I go into Switch Level (05) in diagnostics and cycle through the switches using the Credit button I get the following on the display.
1) First Push: #03 "Credit Button"
2) Second Push: #51 "U Left Star"
3) Third Push: #43 "Right Ramp"
4) Forth Push: #35 "R Jet Bumper"
5) Fifth Push: #27 "Target Arrow"
6) Sixth Push: #19 "UL Bank Green"
7) Seventh Push: #11 "Center Trough"
These happen to be the 7 switches on row #3 of the switch matrix. It seems odd and could be an indication of where the issue is but not sure.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This have me scratching my head.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Figured this one out on my own. Turned out to be the Slam Switch. It was grounded out. Simple bending and problem resolved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoring-issue-multiple-players-high-speed?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.