Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nosro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just got through Kobyashi Maru yesterday. Played the game for perhaps 15 or 20 minutes to get that far. Scored only a little over 65 million total during that game. The scoring just doesn't seems very balanced to me. That seems very low. I had read in an STLE thread some of you mentioning making adjustments in the software selection to help this situation, but I haven't been able to find the thread. Would someone in the know please share with me what changes to the setting you've made? I don't want anything drastic, just a tweek. I haven't made any changes to the OEM code and it's set to 3 ball of course.
Thanks in advance.
Murph

#2 10 years ago

I scored 55 million yesterday and that was with only completing 4 missions. The key to scoring is to hit the combo's. Most of my points came in during Vengence MB and Klingon MB.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Spyridon:

I scored 55 million yesterday and that was with only completing 4 missions. The key to scoring is to hit the combo's. Most of my points came in during Vengence MB and Klingon MB.

This.
KM mb scoring is based on how well you do in the level 1 missions. Combos in KM mb will help with scoring as well.

I believe 3-in-a-row scoring is based on how well you did with its relative missions as well. Can anyone confirm that?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I believe 3-in-a-row scoring is based on how well you did with its relative missions as well. Can anyone confirm that?

Correct. I don't know the exact math/logic behind it, but your ramp/spinner/pops value varies, and I get base ramp values around 1M when I play the 3 right-side modes well, and around 600K base when played poorly.

Play the 3 right-side modes well. Get your alternating ramp combo shots going for around 20M in value during Super Ramps. Profit.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, forget the sofware changes and focus on combos and completing modes, and then combos again during KM MB to really cash in on your mode scores. Have you watched Bowen's tutorial video? If not I highly recommend at least the first half.

#6 10 years ago

The changes I read by others here were simply to the power level setting of the sling shots being reduced I think? And that supposedly changed the whole nature of scoring with folks doubling their previous high scores. I read this well over a month ago in one of the million STLE threads.

#7 10 years ago

There is no magic adjustment to make scoring rules different. If you want to make the game easier so that you can see more of the game, you can try:
1. Go to the INSTALLS menu and select extra easy.
2. Go to the INSTALLS menu and select add-a-ball so that you get extra balls instead of replays.
3. Change replay levels to 4 instead of 1. With add-a-ball, this gives you 4 chances of extra balls
4. Move the out lane posts to the lowest position.
5. Change "coil pulse power" to soft.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoring-adjustment-for-stern-star-trek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.