• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20120513_164923.jpg
20120513_164936.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Kind of unexpected. Needs a shop job. Decals not bad. What are good mods for it?

Now I have too many pins.

#2 11 years ago

Wife not happy because I pick this up on moms day. Am i a jerk?

20120513_164936.jpg20120513_164936.jpg 20120513_164923.jpg20120513_164923.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Nice score-In the house already,you are in trouble for sure.

#4 11 years ago

YES, you're a jerk! And to make it up to her you should sell it to meeee....

#5 11 years ago

Its going to cost me 500 in gifts to her. But these are very hard to come by. Last WPC 95 if you dont count CC

I need Williams speaker panel for it. PM if you have one.

#6 11 years ago

Thats a sweet pin Av8! Hell, I would even go pick one up on Xmas!!

That's right! I said it!

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Its going to cost me 500 in gifts to her. But these are very hard to come by. Last WPC 95 if you dont count CC
I need Williams speaker panel for it. PM if you have one.

Why would you not count cactus canyon? By that logic, champion pub was the last wpc95 if you don't count CC or MB.

#8 11 years ago

Dang I want one of those bad : )

Congrats!!

#9 11 years ago

Nice score. Love my MB.

#10 11 years ago

Feel free to correct me on pin history. This was off my radar as unattainable. Much like afm and MM. My friend had 2.

Had to dig deep to find the cash. Im going to have to thin the herd soon or she will really get pissed. LW3 RFM, ACDC Premium or Pro. Now accepting offers.

#11 11 years ago

Congrats very lucky!

#12 11 years ago

Nice pick up

#13 11 years ago

Congrats, nice score anyday.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Wife not happy because I pick this up on moms day. Am i a jerk?

Attachments 20120513_164923.jpg (262.8 KB, 1 downloads) 2 hours old 20120513_164936.jpg (255 KB, 1 downloads) 2 hours old

Your not a jerk at all, these are hard to come by she has to understand this! It looks to be in great condition. Congrats on your new to you pin!!

#15 11 years ago

Phantom flip works great. Freakin cool feature. Plastics are good. Needs a flipper rebuild and is dirty. Has a cliffy. Some typical drac track wear. Needs new legs and glass. It will look great when Im done.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Feel free to correct me on pin history. This was off my radar as unattainable. Much like afm and MM. My friend had 2.
Had to dig deep to find the cash. Im going to have to thin the herd soon or she will really get pissed. LW3 RFM, ACDC Premium or Pro. Now accepting offers.

I don't think you should keep MB,it wasn't on your wish list anyway
Just sell it to me now.

#17 11 years ago

Great game - I got mine about 1 month ago and it has me in pinball fever again. I got the decals and the repro playfield is sent for clear-coating. I already bought the chrome side rails and lockdown bar. I can't wait till it I can restore it....

#18 11 years ago

Congrats

Lucky

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#20 11 years ago

Nice find. Sometime u just got to jump.

#21 11 years ago

Nice!

Grab while you can.

As for mods. Outside the usual, there is a black out mod but not sure how it ties into gameplay.

Also as I am about to score a MB, I am thinking of changing the flat blue targets to 3D Deep targets as used in WH20 ( green ) as they seem way faster. We will see.

#22 11 years ago

I'd skip my annivesary dinner to get that machine! Sometimes you just have to win at the expense of anything else.

#23 11 years ago

Damn I've been trying to find a MB within driving distance for over a year, and that one looks really nice! Lucky for sure! Any day you can snag a MB is a good day! Glad some of you guys have lucky finds!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Kind of unexpected. Needs a shop job. Decals not bad. What are good mods for it?
Now I have too many pins.

Nice score no matter what the occasion. This is one of the few pins that doesn't need modded.

#25 11 years ago

The toys are great on this.

What can you tell me about MB playfields. I heard they are going to make reproductions at the end on the year. How is the quality?

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The toys are great on this.
What can you tell me about MB playfields. I heard they are going to make reproductions at the end on the year. How is the quality?

I bought one during the last run and sent it back. There was missing paint around a bunch of inserts where the screening messed up.

#27 11 years ago

As for mods, the only things I've done is to install the Pinbits Eddy chips and add some LEDs sparingly. You want to make sure the bracket that keeps the drac trac level is installed and adjusted properly.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

As for mods, the only things I've done is to install the Pinbits Eddy chips and add some LEDs sparingly. You want to make sure the bracket that keeps the drac trac level is installed and adjusted properly.

How well do those chips work for you?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

How well do those chips work for you?

Before installing them, probably 3% of phantom flips would not flip at all, just let it roll into the drain. I've probably only played about 50 games since installing them, but I haven't seen any misfires since then. I haven't really noticed it being any more accurate, but it does shoot the orbits a good bit now, where it previously would only attempt the ramps or scoop.

#30 11 years ago

As long as it doesn't let the ball drain, I'd call that an improvement. The way my pin is right now, it lets the ball drain 50% of the time(rarely makes a shot too). I was thinking of just disabling phantom flip altogether. Thanks for the review, I may go get some new chips.

#31 11 years ago

Congratulations!

I have added the blackout mod which really helps all the character and multiball intros. Spots above the slings to improve mid-playfield visibility. I am awaiting a star post light kit to improve lower playfield lighting. Next will be mirror blades. I also have color-changing lighted flipper buttons, under cabinet lighting, and lighted scorecards as well as LEDs all over. As you can probably tell I am way into lighting.

Shawn

ps. I just leveled up! No longer a measly pinhead

#32 11 years ago

Congrats on the MB pickup!!!

#33 11 years ago

Any pictures of the spots above the slings??

I used Cointaker Superbright Warm White under the slings - made a big difference but not too bright if that makes sense?!

#34 11 years ago

Here is the thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-mb-mod-1

Again, my camera skills don't do the effect justice. Adding reflectors looks a bit more professional at the expense of blocking a small bit of the playfield view. I also had to trim them back a bit to allow room for the ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scored-a-monster-bash-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.