image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Didn't even find myself. Give credit to my wife who mentioned it to someone at work, and he knew a guy who had a few pins sitting in a bedroom. He passed along my # and the guy called me yesterday saying he had BK2000 and F-14 Tomcat. But his sister was now taking Tomcat. He said something was wrong with display, but game looked nice and worked otherwise. I asked how much he wanted and agreed to his $250 asking price.

If his bro in-law vetoes bring Tomcat into the house, then it's mine. Here's hoping the woman loses this pinball battle. For a change.

Will bring it inside tomorrow and check it out before powering back up. Luckily the batteries didn't leak.

This will be a keeper.....unless anyone has some trade offers. Always will entertain trades.

No wear on playfield, rubbers are all well worn and some disintegrating. Plastics all 100%. Cabinet looks great with a few scratches that are easy touch ups. But no fading at all. Head has some scuffs as usual. Back glass has one bare spot in a black area, but otherwise looks super.

I asked how long he had the pins and how he got them. Said he's had them since a kid...no idea if they were ever on route, but def in a home for the past 20+ years.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

#3 10 years ago

#4 10 years ago

#5 10 years ago

$275 and you make a quick 10% profit!

#6 10 years ago

Awesome score!

#7 10 years ago

POMC you "da man".....that was a really nice score. Still not as good as the TSPP you got for $900 but still a steal. You are "living right".

Keep up the good work.

#8 10 years ago

That machine is worth $250 for the music alone! Nice.

#9 10 years ago

It was probably so cheap because it was on it's side half the time.

#10 10 years ago

wow, what a deal! congrats!

#11 10 years ago

That BG looks nice for a bk2000. Congrats. Gonna keep this one?

#12 10 years ago

U got it so cheap because it does not have any legs.

#13 10 years ago

I'll give you $300 and double your profit over Craig, I'll even throw in an extra $12.50 per leg!

#14 10 years ago

If complete $450

#15 10 years ago

Deal of the day? Congrats!

#16 10 years ago

Congrats! Nice catch!

#17 10 years ago

I'm surprised it even made it back to your house.

#18 10 years ago

Any acid damage?

#19 10 years ago

Even with acid damage he can't get hurt at $250.....I would have bought it sight unseen for that price....no risk....he could sell it for parts for more then that.

I once sold a non-working space shuttle (first pin I ever bought). I bought it in players condition for $350 and it stopped working. Guy bought it from me happily for $450 non-working and it was in true "players condition" and I had no clue why it wasn't working. He didn't care. You can't find any pin (unless an EM) in any condition for under $250......

#20 10 years ago

You have an awsome wife if she is your wingman (winggirl?) to score great pins at great prices. Enjoy your new bar tonight.

#21 10 years ago

Pinny....good point. I think we all need our wives to "step it up a little" and help us out like POMC just got helped out. I am going to talk to my wife tonight about this......anyone willing to house me for awhile after she kicks me out !!!! Some guys have all the luck.....POMC you are a lucky guy !!!!

#22 10 years ago

Score! I'm not even a real fan of that game and I would have jumped on that (and not to just flip it 24 hours later). The mirrored backglass alone is practically worth the price of entry. We should be cheering any time someone still manages to score a deal in this hobby, it's becoming a rare occurrence.

#23 10 years ago

No acid damage. Displays are out, but will look into that tomorrow or Monday. Was able to get the game going and took video. Playfield is dirty and will clean up really nice. Not too many bulbs out but lots of rubbers busted (giggety giggety).

Yeah, this one is staying for sure. Music is so damn bad ass!

Not sure why the pics are all sideways....prob because I uploaded from my iPad. :/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151875033973158&l=3872166617053786040

#24 10 years ago

If it doesn't light up at all, then you are going to need one of these. Not a new display. It will usually blow a fuse when they go out.

http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WAN-HVP-KIT

#25 10 years ago

Thanks for that info.

#26 10 years ago

You even got the version with the futuristic plastic set, which is the better set IMHO. Amazing find!

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

You even got the version with the futuristic plastic set, which is the better set IMHO. Amazing find!

Had no idea there are two different sets of plastics. Will have to search for pics of the other set to compare. Bit yeah, the futuristic graphics are slick.

#28 10 years ago

So it looks like I also may have a prototype backglass based on what I see on IPDB. What do you think? Hard to take a good pic now since I have it in the garage and can't get a good pic without a reflection.

But here's IPDB photo:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=311&picno=43190&zoom=1

Here's a pic of the lowers corner of mine. Signature is there and the # in the lower right also matches. I don't see a signature on the other backglasses on IPDB. But honestly I can't tell any difference.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#29 10 years ago

Oh wait, this is why I stink at the Photo Hunt game on my Megatouch.

Prototype has red lettering and regular has yellow. Not a prototype.

#30 10 years ago

Ive got the same bg and numbers, if it is a prototype that would be cool, didnt realize thete was such a thing on it. Knew about the plastics.

#31 10 years ago

Just read your update..bummer

#32 10 years ago

Nice pick up. I know you will get it running good.

#33 10 years ago

Got the display working 100%

Now to order LEDs, rubber kit, drop target decals (or replacements) and shine up Black Knight!

Also have a great idea (IMO) for a unique topper. image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from MedievalMike:

Nice pick up. I know you will get it running good.

You jinxed me in a good way. You should play the lottery this week.

#35 10 years ago

NICE!!!!!!

#36 10 years ago

way to go that is one heck of a deal!

#37 10 years ago

awesome find!

#38 10 years ago

you seem to have a lot of brag threads lately. good for you, though.

#39 10 years ago

Great find for a great game.

#40 10 years ago

Nice. I thought the one I got for $1K was decent, but this takes the cake!

Enjoy it.

Chris

#41 10 years ago

Awesome score PoMC, and congrats on getting the display working. Thanks for stopping by while you were in my neck of the woods too. Appreciate the help with my Black Knight! Need to see your updated gameroom pics now with BK2K in the lineup.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Vladtheimpaler-8:

Awesome score PoMC, and congrats on getting the display working. Thanks for stopping by while you were in my neck of the woods too. Appreciate the help with my Black Knight! Need to see your updated gameroom pics now with BK2K in the lineup.

Wis we had more time to try to get the right flippers on your Black Knight working. Did you post a question about it in the tech help forum?

Glad I was able to stop by and play some pinball and at least your Black Knight lights up and plays and you know the boards and everything else works. Going to look great when cleaned up.

#43 10 years ago

Amazing score. $500 and double your money?

#44 10 years ago

Tell you what, I can't get this music outta my head. So catchy and infectious.

And "No way, gimme your money" always makes me laugh.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wis we had more time to try to get the right flippers on your Black Knight working. Did you post a question about it in the tech help forum?
Glad I was able to stop by and play some pinball and at least your Black Knight lights up and plays and you know the boards and everything else works. Going to look great when cleaned up.

Thanks again for getting me that far. Haven't posted yet...with the parents visiting this weekend, just haven't had time. My Dad was completely fascinated by my pins, and really wanted to get in there and work on them. He would definitely be one that would want to work on them more than play them. He is very mechanically inclined. We worked on Mata Hari yesterday, fixing a pop bumper by cleaning the switch contact, changed a bunch of bulbs, replaced the plunger springs and tried to diagnose the bank of lights in the backglass that aren't working, as well as why some of the digits in the scoring are flickering and missing parts of the digits. We used my multi-meter (that was his from 1978) to test all fuses, coils etc. on my non-working Dragon, and pretty much have determined it is the power supply board that is at least the major issue with it. I will be keeping the tech help forum busy with all 5 of my pins, but have been trying to research, diagnose and figure some things out on my own too before I post.

#46 10 years ago

have never seen or heard BK2000, but just listened on YouTube...that is pretty catchy...That is so late 80s/early 90s. So that plays the entire time? Speech is pretty funny. Did Steve Ritchie do the Black Knight voices on this one too?

#47 10 years ago

Yup, the music plays throughout the game and different call outs from a choir play and different Black Knights sound bites play. And it is Steve Ritchie doing the voice of Black Knight.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got the display working 100%
Now to order LEDs,

If I may make a recommendation - Warm White 2-LED (dome style) from CT look excellent in the GI. A mix of Cool & Warm 4-LEDs from PBL look amazing in the backglass. Cool behind blue/purple art, warm behind red/yellow art.

#49 10 years ago

I saw an interview with Steve Ritchie recently where he mentioned that in Black Knight 2000 he used a mix of white and black rubber, but other than white rubber around the WAR lanes he doesn't say which goes where.

#50 10 years ago

POMC.....great job !!!! Keep up the good work. That pin is a KEEPER don't let anyone buy it from you as you will get more enjoyment knowing you fixed it up then selling it and making a little money. Money comes and goes good memories stay forever !!! So keep making it nice and put it in your collection so you always have a good memory of the Black Knight you got for $250 and fixed up.

Next time I am up that way I will bring some beer and pizza and we can play some pinball.....you will probably beat me again as I am not getting any better !!! I plan to play at the FAIRFAX tournament this year so last years last place finisher knows they don't have to worry this year about finishing last !!! You should consider going I hear it is a lot of fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Titusville, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scored-a-250-black-knight-2000-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.