Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lincsled
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My 75 Little Chief has developed a score wheel rest problem,again,when I first pulled it out of storage I took them apart and cleaned everything and got them to work most of the time,but now it's gotten worse and takes forever to reset,if it does,sometimes I just shut if off and do something else.
I have a horrible blow sand problem that I fought to even get this machine back to running,but I have blown out all the contacts on the score reels.
Is there some way to just bypass the 2,3 and 4 reels,my machine is only set up for a single player? And the #1 reel works fine,it 2 and 3 that always fight me.
It will work fine for a couple days then not reset,my brother is here with his boys and of course it decides to not rest! Thanks.

#2 3 years ago

As a quick fix, you can reset all the score reels to 0 by hand. This way you can at least get through the reset cycle and play a single player game.

#4 3 years ago

Sometimes I can get away with the manual reset,but most of the time it still keeps spinning.
I went through the process it describes in the repair section,and it worked for a while,but now it doing the same thing!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from lincsled:

Sometimes I can get away with the manual reset,but most of the time it still keeps spinning.
I went through the process it describes in the repair section,and it worked for a while,but now it doing the same thing!

Are your switch stacks on the reels tight?

#6 3 years ago

I haven'y checked them yet,I'll do that right now,thanks.

#7 3 years ago

I recently had an impossible to fix score reel. Looking close the pin that holds the plunger to the plastic advance had slipped out just far enough to snag the frame.
Another the spring had came disconnected.
Take a wood dowel and manipulate the switches while its trying to reset. Look for the one sparking.

#8 3 years ago

I went back through the trouble shooting procedure that curriedog posted and found one contact set that wasn't opening,reset it and it works like new! It's hard to remember all the little things that will mess one of these machines up,which is why places like this are extremely valuable! Thanks guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-wheel-reset-problems?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.