(Topic ID: 168003)

Score reels not stepping up properly

By PJI5108

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just bought a Williams Gulfstream and the score reels are not stepping up properly.....the thousands reel doesn't move up after 990 (to one thousand). Although, if a 1000 point score is hit, the reel moves to 1, but still nothing after the hundreds reel gets past 990. Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

You'll find either the contact on the hundreds reel need cleaning or adjusting. Just look at the 10's reel and see what happens when it reaches 9 - the lever usually shifts over to open/close contacts, then goes back on 0. The 100's reel should do the same thing.

#3 7 years ago

Good suggestion! I took a closer look at all the reels in action, and it appears that the hundreds reel doesn't advance either - when the tens reel reaches 90+. I'm not sure what to compare to now?

#4 7 years ago

The very bottom switch on the 100s reel switch stack has to close at the 9 position. Also, there's a switch on the 100s relay that must close.

#5 7 years ago

That's the handicap for playing with the glass off. As KC said there is a arm that comes from behind your reels that moves a set of switches. There are three states of these switches. One state is when the reel is on 1-8. Another state when the reel is on 9 (This one might need attention as it advances the next reel). A third state of the switches is when reel is on 0 (this is important for startup)

#6 7 years ago

Hi PJI5108
I like the ipdb-manual: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/415/Williams_1968_Cabaret_Instruction_Manual_no_schematics.pdf - on page-15 (ori-13) 3 switches are shown --- three times shown. Look at the bottom Switch - closed when the Unit is in Position-Nine.
Do NOT forget: This switch does close to let electricity flow - Switch MAY be faulty - OTHER possibility: The connecting wires - IF (if) a wire has broken-off from a Solder-Lug at a place --- This is the same as when the Switch would be faulty-open --- wire has broken-off means "NO connection" means "Your fault". Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reels-not-stepping-up-properly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.