• Latest reply 5 years ago by Jonkix3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

None of my score reels increment after 9. All reels work when 10, 100, 1000 are tripped in the play field. All reset perfectly . The 9 contacts close as they should.

Where do I look for an issue that hits all the score reels?

#2 5 years ago

game name would be a good start here. but does the reel try to move past 9, half way (dirty reel) or not move at all 9s rollover path on the circuit.

#3 5 years ago

New to the board. It is a Williams Triple Action - 1974. All reels work when any switch is activated on the playing field. However, none advance the next reel after 9 position. All reset properly.

#4 5 years ago

If scoring 10 when you have 90 doesn't activate the 100 Point relay, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#5 5 years ago

I’ll try this. Hat are the odds of all the reels having the same problem? Scoring 10 after 90 does not activate 100 pt relay. Same for 100 to 1000, 1000 to 10000.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Jonkix3:

Scoring 10 after 90 does not activate 100 pt relay. Same for 100 to 1000, 1000 to 10000.

Yea, strange any of the reels don't flip, but if you had already carefully inspected the 9th position switches
in the score reels, I would first clean and recheck the switches in the "Score Relays"..

#7 5 years ago

Hi Jonkix3 Welcome to pinside!

Quoted from Jonkix3:

Hat are the odds of all the reels having the same problem?

Probably a broken wire or loose solder connection. But Alligator clip jumper wires will find the problem.

#8 5 years ago

Got the 10-100 working with better cleaning and adjusting the 9 switch and the relay. Did not have a solid contact on the 9.

Thx. Now I’ll try the same on the 100s switch. A couple of times the 1000 reel twitched when the 100 rolled over. Must have a poor contact to loose wire there.

Got the 1000 to 10,000 working. Dirty switch

#9 5 years ago

For a switch to work 3 things are necessary
1) When open, there should be a small space between the contact points (duh)
2) When closing, the long blade's contact point should push the short blade's contact point enough to move the short blade
3) The contact points should be clean, which they usually will be if #2 is happening

#10 5 years ago

Don't forget the switch on the 100 relay for making contact to the 1,000 reel on 9th position of the 100 points...

#11 5 years ago

Happy to say all score reels are working perfectly. Cleaned and adjusted. The number match unit is also now working- crud on the solenoid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reels-do-not-increment-after-9?hl=mopar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.