Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hoping for some advise. Rescued a Bally circus from the trash recently . Got it home and turned it on. Lights didn't come on . Tapped the left flipper and they came on for a second .would stay on if I held them . 3rd player score reel wouldn't reset . When. It finally zeroed out , it would start cycling through again . Sounded like a motor was still running even when the reel was at zeros . Then it would start cycling through numbers again . I took a video of the switches in the back if it's possible to upload . Any ideas where I should start trouble shooting ?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Justmc16:

Lights didn't come on . Tapped the left flipper and they came on for a second .would stay on if I held them .

The schematic would be helpful for this. Do you have one?

Quoted from Justmc16:

When. It finally zeroed out , it would start cycling through again . Sounded like a motor was still running even when the reel was at zeros . Then it would start cycling through numbers again .

There's a switch on each score reel that opens when the score reel is at zero. Most likely that switch never opens or the connections to it are shorted.

#3 6 years ago

No I don't have a schematic. In the process of getting one

The switch that possibly never opens that you mentioned , would it spark ? I noticed one that would spark

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The schematic would be helpful for this. Do you have one?

There's a switch on each score reel that opens when the score reel is at zero. Most likely that switch never opens or the connections to it are shorted.

The are a where I'm noticing the blue spark is marked 0 reset

#5 6 years ago

Tighten all switch stack screws on each score reel. Tighten the screw closest to the contact points first. Then tighten the screw closest to the wires last. Repeat for the other 15 reel assemblies.

If you still have the problem, then adjust the switches as noted in the earlier post.

#6 6 years ago

Thank you ! I will give it a shot tonight and let you know what I find

#7 6 years ago

I don't know when they stopped using them, but earlier Bally machines had a "kick" switch in the bottom of the playfield the turn the game on and off. Yours maybe in the off position. It will be on the bottom of the cabinet on the left side.

1 year later
#8 5 years ago

Did this ever get resolved? What was the solution?

#9 5 years ago

Is that kick switch actually underneath the bottom playfield? Like you have to lift up the playfield to get to it? I am having the same issue on a Bally Nip It machine. Everything seems to work, but the score motor keeps running.

Quoted from drsfmd:

I don't know when they stopped using them, but earlier Bally machines had a "kick" switch in the bottom of the playfield the turn the game on and off. Yours maybe in the off position. It will be on the bottom of the cabinet on the left side.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballGurus:

Is that kick switch actually underneath the bottom playfield? Like you have to lift up the playfield to get to it? I am having the same issue on a Bally Nip It machine. Everything seems to work, but the score motor keeps running.

Yes.

#11 5 years ago

If the bottom bounce switch has somehow opened nothing will work. This not your issue. You have a zero position switch out of adjustment

#12 5 years ago

In the score reels in the back box?

Quoted from EMsInKC:

If the bottom bounce switch has somehow opened nothing will work. This not your issue. You have a zero position switch out of adjustment

#13 5 years ago

In the score reels in the back box?

The bounce switch being discussed here kills power to the entire game.

#14 5 years ago

You’re saying a zero switch in the back box for the scoring reels?

#15 5 years ago

You’re saying a zero switch in the back box for the scoring reels?

Advice was given above regarding the bounce switch that makes contact with the bottom of the cabinet. The actual switch is located on the bottom board. If that switch is opened there will be no power to the game at all. I was saying that is not your problem.

The zero position switch is on the score reel in the backbox.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-wont-stop-spinning?hl=pinballgurus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.