Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

aBig-Brave-Score-Reset_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Outer Space that has a 100's score reel that won't reset. It causes the entire reset process to hang up and the score motor to keep spinning. If I manually set the reel to zero, then the machine resets fine and the scoring reel works correctly for that game. That is, until the next game. If the reel itself is working okay, then I figure it must be due to the reset process. Any idea what this could be? Thanks in advance for your help.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I'll check the reset relay. The reel itself works fine, which can be seen once the game is started with the reel manually set to zero. I did manually click through the positions and nothing seems to be catching.

#6 3 years ago

New information: All 100 point scoring has stopped on the playfield. Other scoring, including the 500 point scores, seem to work. When I get a game going and activate the 100 point relay by hand, the 100 point reel does turn and score.

#7 3 years ago

Yet more info: With the 100s reel set to 9, the score motor turns and it won't stop. As soon as I manually turn the reel to zero, the score motor stops and the game is ready to go.

#9 3 years ago

Thanks Rolf! I will take a look at those links and see if I can make sense of that schematic. I will let you know what I find...

1 week later
#10 3 years ago

A few more questions. What causes the reel to reset at the beginning of the game? The machine can tell when the non-working reel is at zero, so that switch works (no issues when I manually move it to zero). Whatever is supposed to be telling the reel to keep turning until it hits zero is not working. All other reels reset fine. The non-working reel does work during a game, so the reel itself functions okay.

What does the "runout" switch do?

Thanks!

#15 3 years ago

Thanks for all the advice! I went thoroughly through the player stepper unit and it seemed to be the source of all the problems. The switches were very dirty, so I cleaned the stepper pads and the switch contacts on the back of the unit. I also adjusted a few iffy looking switches and was able to get things back in order. Thanks again for your help.

#16 3 years ago

Ugh. I now have the exact same problem I had before, but on a completely different reel. Now the 10s reel on player 1 won't reset, but will play during a game if reset manually to zero. Does this help with the diagnosis?

#18 3 years ago

Everything seems fine there. Switches are gapped properly and making good contact. I tested continuity when closed and looks okay.

#21 3 years ago

I don't think it's a switch tension issue. I turned on the machine and while it was trying to reset, I pushed on both switches to make sure they were making good contact (the reel was set on "1"). As soon as I closed the remaining open switch, the machine finished resetting.

#22 3 years ago

Alas, you were correct dasvis and wickerman. The switch was making contact, but not quite enough. When I pushed up on the relay while trying to reset, suddenly the score reel started turning. I let go - it stopped. I cleaned the switches some more and tightened up the switch stack and it took care of the problem. Thanks a ton for your help. I can finally play it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 13.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Boards
PinSound
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Meph's Mods
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
Lighting - Interactive
TheDudeMods
$ 210.00
Playfields
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside