(Topic ID: 255176)

Score Reel thinks it's Reset (Chicago Coin, Kicker)

By MaxAsh

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Slotswow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maxash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello All - I'm working on a "Kicker" (Chicago Coin, 1966), and have an issue with the tens (10-90) score reel.

* The game will start normally and play, and the scoring works fine for all reels (including the 10-90 reel). The problem is that during reset, the reel never turns or goes to zero, yet the game thinks it's at Zero/Reset position and starts up as it should.

* The score roll-over works fine, so when the 10-90 reel rolls over to "0" again during game play, the 100-900 reel advances as it should.

So it seems all of the in-game scoring portions of the reel are good, but for some reason it never receives the signal to reset during the Reset process, and doesn't care that it's not at Zero/Reset position when starting a new game. As long as the other reels reset, the game starts normally.

Thoughts on what might cause this?

Note: I found that on some of the other reels, there is a "jumper" connection (looks original and normal) between a couple of switch connections. It appears that the little jumper on the 10-90 reel is snapped, but I can see where it went. I jumpered between them, and the result is that the score reel still doesn't turn/reset, but the game gets stuck in a reset loop. I'm guessing someone realized that if they broke that connection, the game always thinks the reel is in "zero" position when reset.

Thanks in advance, as always, for advice! I have the schematic, so if pics are needed, please let me know. I can add pics of the reels and switches too, if that helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maxash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-thinks-it-s-reset-chicago-coin-kicker?tu=maxash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.