• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5363 (resized).JPG
IMG_5355 (resized).JPG
IMG_5353 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaundburch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

I'm fairly new myself, but I can tell you what I usually do. When I get the reel out of the cab, I work it manually to see how well it rotates and where it may be getting hung up. Just keep clicking the plunger using the nub that sticks out. They typically seem to hang up while moving from 9 back to zero....where the switches are getting the biggest workout. It's interesting that yours is having trouble with a specific amount of point.

If it's getting stuck anywhere, you need to break it down and clean it up really well. A lot of times I find old grease that has solidified over time, making the mechanisms move slower than they should....or just all the coil dust that blows around. In any case, when cleaned up and adjusted properly, the score reel should click along easily and have a nice snap in between numbers. That way you can rule out the mechanical aspect of the reel as the issue if you're still having problems after that.

#8 5 years ago

Yep, I agree.

It's definitely getting the five pulses you would expect, and it seems to be pulling in fine...so the solenoid seems OK. It's just the plunger is not coming back all the way like it should (at times). Since you said it moves fine when you work it manually, I'm assuming the rod moves easily thru the sleeve? If so...and you can rule out a mechanical issue...maybe the switch sending the pulse needs to be checked for it's gap. Maybe it's not always opening and allowing the plunger to return properly.

Just thinking out loud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shaundburch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-solenoid-issue-maybe?tu=shaundburch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.