6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a Solids N Stripes that is acting strange. The 10's reel resets fine, but won't score during play. When a ten point target scores, the 10 point relay fires and nothing happens. This means that the relay locks and won't release. When I manually actuate the 10s reel EOS switch it releases the relay. The other score reels work fine. What causes the coil to fire on the 10s reel? Thanks a ton for any help you can provide.

#3 6 years ago

No, the reel doesn't fire. That causes the coil to lock on, along with the coil on the match unit. When I break the EOS switch (NC) on the score reel, they coils both release. The coil on the 10s unit never fires. I know it works though, because if I change the number manually, it will rest back to zero without a problem when I start a game. Thanks for the reply.

#5 6 years ago

Well, that's part of my problem. No schematic

#7 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I found the instruction manual on IPDB and was able to trace back from the 10s unit to the player unit and found the switch that energizes the 10s scoring reel. It needed a good cleaning and that took care of the problem. I appreciate your help in thinking through this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider n1teowl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-resets-fine-but-coil-wont-fire-during-play?tu=n1teowl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.