Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by n1teowl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a Solids N Stripes that is acting strange. The 10's reel resets fine, but won't score during play. When a ten point target scores, the 10 point relay fires and nothing happens. This means that the relay locks and won't release. When I manually actuate the 10s reel EOS switch it releases the relay. The other score reels work fine. What causes the coil to fire on the 10s reel? Thanks a ton for any help you can provide.

#2 2 years ago

So if you manually actuate the 10s Relay in the head of the game does it fire on the reel?

#3 2 years ago

No, the reel doesn't fire. That causes the coil to lock on, along with the coil on the match unit. When I break the EOS switch (NC) on the score reel, they coils both release. The coil on the 10s unit never fires. I know it works though, because if I change the number manually, it will rest back to zero without a problem when I start a game. Thanks for the reply.

#4 2 years ago

Post the schematic here (or better, to IPDB) and we can help you trace the circuit for the 10s reel.

#5 2 years ago

Well, that's part of my problem. No schematic

#6 2 years ago

Look for a broken wire at the switch lugs associated with the 10 point scoring relay as well as checking the contacts for proper closure.

Have you taken the 10 point score reel apart and checked all of the contacts and checked for any broken wiring?

#7 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I found the instruction manual on IPDB and was able to trace back from the 10s unit to the player unit and found the switch that energizes the 10s scoring reel. It needed a good cleaning and that took care of the problem. I appreciate your help in thinking through this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 63.50
$ 14.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 115.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 27.95
$ 69.00
$ 23.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside