(Topic ID: 303887)

Score reel repainting and missing instruction card

By Mr_Pinball

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Has anyone ever touched up a score reel? I was cleaning a score reel and some of the black ink came off, and now it's bothering me. If you have, what do you use to touch it up? Also, are there any tips or tricks that I need to know?

Also, what is the easiest way to make a new instruction card for a game? My game is missing both the instruction card and the replay card. I have a template that I found, but what is the next step?

#2 2 years ago

What game, would be a big help. For instruction & score cards anyway.

#3 2 years ago

I'd look into big, dry transfer numbers.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Pinball:

Has anyone ever touched up a score reel? I was cleaning a score reel and some of the black ink came off, and now it's bothering me. If you have, what do you use to touch it up? Also, are there any tips or tricks that I need to know?

Find someone with a cricut and vinyl cut out number. I don't know if anyone has done this. It just popped in my head.

#5 2 years ago

A sharpie or paint pen can fill in missing spots pretty well. It gets harder if you have to restore sharp edges.
https://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/ might have your instruction cards or even score reel numbers already.

/Mark

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

What game, would be a big help. For instruction & score cards anyway.

He has Gottlieb 4 Square tagged at the top of the post.

#7 2 years ago

I had a machine that the same thing happened to me. I was planning on cutting new numbers on the Cricuit machine, but couldn't find a cut file. There is a pdf and doc version on the Pinball Rebel site that MarkG listed. I ran into trouble trying to convert to .svg which is what Cricuit needs and before I got too far into it, the machine sold.

#8 2 years ago

I'm with MarkG on this one. I touch up score reels all the time, using new black Sharpie with a nice (not mashed down) pointed tip.

When I mess up and accidently get the black ink onto the white part of the reel, I have found that the best way to clean up the blot is by gently scraping it off with an XActo knife blade. It takes a bit of practice, but scraping off the blot allows you to restore a nice clean edge between the black and the white.

- TimMe

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from TimMe:

I'm with MarkG on this one. I touch up score reels all the time, using new black Sharpie with a nice (not mashed down) pointed tip.
When I mess up and accidently get the black ink onto the white part of the reel, I have found that the best way to clean up the blot is by gently scraping it off with an XActo knife blade. It takes a bit of practice, but scraping off the blot allows you to restore a nice clean edge between the black and the white.
- TimMe

This^^^ done it for years

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-repainting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.