By beadwindow

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0MiniZag-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Alright so this concerns a Bally Minizag which I just got working properly. I removed the playfield to resolder a couple of lamp sockets and that was it. Fast forward till now where I broke the pin down to bring upstairs into the house. Started a game and the 1 pt. relay and it's score reel coil are stuck on. Unplugged the playfield and started a game and the problem goes away so it's somewhere on the playfield. According to the schematic the playfield switches that activate the 1 pt. relay are: 1 NC switch on the Feature relay, 4 NO switches on the side rebounds , 2 NO upper left slingshot switches, and a NO switch on the right thumper bumper relay. This is 8 individual switches in total with 7 of them being easy enough to check because they're NO. The one NC switch is on the feature relay and I cleaned it twice. I also unscrewed the 4 side rebound switches and both slingshot switches to make sure the blade tensioners weren't shorting the blades, touching solder lugs, etc. I let them hang in place so that the rubbers and plastics had no way of touching these switches and I'm still getting a stuck relay. I thought for sure it would be a piece of solder or something shorting one of the switches but no joy. What am I missing??
schematic:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/1606/Bally_1968_MiniZag_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

#3 5 years ago

Rolf,
wasn't really sure what you're asking in your response but i checked both switches on the left and lower bumpers and they're open and gapped correctly. i checked this with the power on and off.
i activated the feature relay manually which worked properly to light the gate open light and then i hit the rollover button that causes the lower and left bumpers to light and award 10 points. in other words, all that seems to be working normally.

#5 5 years ago

Rolf,
Thanks again for helping and you were right, the switch that activates when the kicker fires was closed when it should be a NO situation. The switch was closed very tight so I must have accidentally grabbed the playfield right there when removing and installing it. I mistakenly thought that the two switches that actually fire the kicker also fired the 1 point relay. To answer your other questions:
You're correct on the bumper and 1 pt relay locations as well as the description of the how the Feature relay operates.
I've had this game for a year and still haven't played a game on it because it wasn't working when I got it so it sat in storage. When it was working briefly recently I didn't play any games because I was cleaning the playfield, soldering all the lamp sockets, etc.
All that changes today thanks to your help, I get to annoy everyone else in the house with the sound of Bally bells.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beadwindow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-relay-stuck?tu=beadwindow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.