• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Exsto
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi

I have this old Straight Flush EM pinball who use to work perfectly but since I manipulated the head to do some painting I have a score reel issue. When I press the start button, the reset sequence goes all fine and all the score reels goes to 0 but right after this, I have a score reel which try's to turn to 1 creating a heavy electrical noise. When I turn off the game, the reel goes to 1.

Any hint about how to fix that ?

Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Determine which value it is, 10s, 100s, etc. see if a switch of that value is stuck closed on the playfield. Also check the end of stroke switch on the score reel.

3 weeks later
#3 2 years ago

Actually I dismantled the score reel and observed that the issue start from the coil which doesn't release the EOS switch after the game reset. So the EOS switch remains open. It's the 100 reel.

Any other hints?

Thanks a lot

Added over 2 years ago:

Update: while the EOS switch was buzzing for not closing, I tested switches on the playfield. There is 2 targets and 2 rollovers on the playfield for which their role is to make a plastic arrow turn in the middle of the playfield. None of these 4 switches activated the arrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-issue-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.