5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Hey guys,

I pulled all the score reels out of my United shuffle targette game for cleaning. Lots of dirt on the reels themselves and old sticky grease to clean. Anyway I noticed a lot of the reels had cracks in them around the screw holes. A few reels had a large crack in the number portion of the reel. Is there a prefered way to glue these cracks to keep them from getting worse? Or is replacement my only real option. I hope not because replacing up to a max of 24 reels could get expensive.

#2 5 years ago

I used this stuff for playfield plastics and it was amazing, may not work for your application. I can't remember where I got it (recommended by somebody on Pinside, may Vid on his playfield restoration guide). They had other types of plastics glue though, comes with a hypodermic needle and a little funnel. I have also used mylar to brace weak drop targets and if they are cleaned before application really held up surprisingly well.
    I haven't found an epoxy that works on plastic though so that may be out. The biggest issue is identifying what type plastic a score reel is.

Don't know about United but several people here have shown boxes of old reels, don't know what they cost but maybe somebody will hook you up. Hope it works out (the little washers seem to spread out the tension rather than just the screw.IMG_1949 (resized).JPGIMG_1949 (resized).JPG

#3 5 years ago

New thread. “How I ruined my playfield by placing a can on it”.

#4 5 years ago

Are you serious? This playfield is currently stripped and being shopped, not sure what your Post means, if anything.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-reel-cracks?hl=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.