Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mattpins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a Royal Flush which started not resetting the player 4 "10"'s score reel (stayed at "8") causing the game to run continuously.
I checked it with another "10's" score reel and the switches look similar. I then tried the 3rd & 4th player reset relay(I believe is Z2 and it seemed to have a switch setting different as compared to the 1st & 2nd player relay. I adjusted it to match and now it stays at "2".

What els should I look at and try?

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from mattpins:

I checked it with another "10's" score reel and the switches look similar.

Might look similar. Doesn't mean they are working.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Does it otherwise complete the reset?
And if it starts on 8 while another reel starts on 7 does it reset perfectly?

#4 6 years ago

Yeah... not sure were asking the same question.. but what if you go into the back box and manually index the reel to 9, does it now reset?

The reason I ask, is its possible its stuck and simply freeing it up would help (not a solution, but would indicate that cleaning was all that was necessary). If its intermittent, one very likely cause (happened to me) is that the switch on the stack to trigger that reel is dirty and making poor contact- it can go from working most of the time (e.g. its not really a problem, it got stuck once or twice and I turned game off and it worked fine for weeks...) to being permanently dead due to that problem.

One thing I will say, don't go adjusting crap randomly because it "looks weird". The number of threads lately where people have been creating 10 problems trying to fix 1 is insane... so go slow and use a schematic and troubleshooting before you go at stuff with a screwdriver, etc.

If your not sure what a schematic is.. start by describing how long it was working perfectly and when you first noticed this, and if you had done ANYTHING to the game before the new problem started up.

#5 6 years ago

It's the "0" sw. on that 10s reel. Check this out: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#reels

#6 6 years ago

I tried setting player 4 score reel tens to 9 as suggested here, it reset to 1 not 0 but the score motor did not continue running so I know its the reel itself or a relay to the reel I would guess. After game ended I reset and it now reset to 2.
I cleaned the switch contacts on the reel but no luck. One thing I did notice when this started was the step up, step down unit seemed to rotate slowly. I cleaned those contacts and lossened the screw a bit and that seemed to take care of that problem.
just not sure what areas to check. if its not a switch and mainly the mechanics of the reel, what do I clean. I tried some alcohol on solenoid plunger but still no luck.

#7 6 years ago

Did you check the link? When setting the "0" sw. the reel has to be at 0. Those contacts touch and the others do not. Gottlieb reels are a bit tetchy and sometimes you have to do it a few times.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from mattpins:

I tried setting player 4 score reel tens to 9 as suggested here, it reset to 1

If a score reel goes past 0 during reset process, that reel's zero-position switch (your schematic calls it "Runout") is out of adjustment.

#9 6 years ago

Yep- that’s why it’s always worth forcing its hand to see what it does. If it was me I would do that a few times and confirm
Its really resetting to zero but showing a one. If thats reproducible- your good to go by fixing the wheel alignment. Try leaving it as a 2 or a 5 or a 9 even a 0 and be sure it stops reliably at the same place.

All this will do is verify the problem. Its almost for sure in the alignment- but I always learn more playing with stuff. So play a bit to confirm then watch the switch stack as you move the reel. If its adjusted wrong you will see a switch close on the zero - one crossing. Then it will open and stay open until it crosses back. That switch is hit by a piece that needs to align with the zero. If that makes sense!

#10 6 years ago

I will check this again and post back.
tx for the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-real-on-player-4-not-resetting?hl=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.