(Topic ID: 233423)

score panel 1 and 4 no display after long storage.

By Mclean

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Mclean:

I have a Williams Big Guns. I have owned it for almost 20 years, last 10 years in garage not used. Finished the basement and it now has a home. The whole family has gotten the pinball bug. I have kids who are teenagers who didn't know what a pinball machine was, none the less played one or knew we owned one. The first and four player score displays are not working. What do I look for? Also the Batteries on the mother board are still their. Not leaking but I should do something ie replace or ? buy Chip? Do i need it to stay powered on when changing batteries. The game plays and keeps score in player 2 and 3 display. Thanks for any help. Any other things i should watch out for with this machine? Thanks John

I would take the backglass off, disconnect and reconnect the connectors on both ends for the displays.

Replace the batteries sooner, not later. You can get an NVRAM replacement for the batteries, many places advertise on Pinside.

https://nvram.weebly.com/

The 6116 is what you'd want for Big Guns.

If you need to replace the displays, they'll run you about $60-80 each. Hopefully it's just a loose connector.

4 months later
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Mclean:

Thank you all for the advice. I really appreciate it. I tried unplug and reconnecting ends still the same. I am looking to do the upgrade myself. Any test to make sure the displays are dead before de-soldering board slot 1 and 4. any advice on lower cost solutions. Thanks

Mclean

I think what I would do because the glass is getting hard to come by would be to purchase a new display board that utilizes LEDs. XPin, RottenDog are two makers that come to mind. http://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com Is one good place to go, plenty of others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-panel-1-and-4-no-display-after-long-storage-?tu=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.