• Latest reply 4 years ago by PinStar63
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

My Williams Klondike has an intermittent issue in that while playing, the score motor starts and won't stop.

I can continue playing while this happens and eventually the score motor stops, only to carry on a few minutes later.

When this happens, the 3 kick-out holes clear continually and scores continue to rack up.

I have read that it might be an issue with the score reels or the score relays but the score reels work as normal.

Can anyone please suggest what might be causing this.

Added over 4 years ago:

Hi guys. Thank you very much for your replies. I have since found that when I move the little wire at the coin switch, the score motor stops running.

However now each game is only two balls in duration.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

#2 4 years ago

Check the kickout hole switches, one of them might be too closely gapped.

#3 4 years ago

There should be one row in the schematic that shows all of the switches that move the score motor. One of them is stuck closed. You should be able to systematically find each switch (look for the wire color indicated on the schematic — they should all have the same wire color) and that should lead you to what’s causing it.

#4 4 years ago

The schematic is available at IPDB, but here is the part of the schematic that goldenboy232 is referring to.

Alberto

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#5 4 years ago

Hi guys. Thank you very much for your replies. I have since found that when I move the little wire at the coin switch, the score motor stops running.

However now each game is only two balls in duration.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-motor-won-t-stop?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.