• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Score Motor Switches (resized).jpg
0Fashion-Show-Work-06 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

The Score Motor usually has a normally open switch at the 1C position with a red-white wire on one side that keeps it running until it reaches the next index position. It's often the only normally open switch at 1C. That switch is likely in parallel with all the other switches that can make the Score Motor run. If you can find the 1C switch, all the other switches will have the same two wire colors.

/Mark

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

I noticed I can make the motor stop if I unplug the Jones connector to the door switches. Not sure if that means anything, though.

Sounds like the game thinks either a coin chute switch or the replay switch is closed, or otherwise shorted somehow. Rolf's experiment will likely prove that theory.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

The K-Relay does not pull in or out when the door plug is pulled. The score motor stops, but the relay just stays open.

I think you're back to figuring out which switch is making the motor run. Did you ever follow through with this post in the last topic?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aloha-by-gottlieb-score-motor-continues-to-run#post-5408709

Quoted from MarkG:

If that checks out you could see if any of the listed relays are active when the Score Motor is running, or just block all of the switches with a piece of folded paper until you find the one that causes the motor to stop.

2 weeks later
#16 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I think you're back to figuring out which switch is making the motor run. Did you ever follow through with this post in the last topic?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aloha-by-gottlieb-score-motor-continues-to-run#post-5408709

Quoted from Tonup69:

I did, but I used a test light.

I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate? Did you block all of the switches that can send power to the Score Motor with bits of paper at the same time? Did you check if their solder tabs are bent together or if there is a solder bridge between the switch blades?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-motor-wire-aloha?tu=MarkG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.