• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Reed
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

As I'm learning how the various switches and relays work and trying to read the schematics to fix several issues, I've come to focus on the score motor. The wiring diagram shows the SC switches as either normally opened or closed. Does this indicate what state the switches should in be when the SM is in its home position? I've noticed that when the game resets (I have to manually activate the reset relay...one of the issues) the number 1 cam switch set is NOT in the home position (resting in one of the two notches on the bakelite gear). When I activate a relay that causes the SC to rotate, it again stops not in its home position. If this is not how it should work, how do you adjust the cams? Thanks.

I should mention that I have cleaned all the switches, no crud on any of the contact points, only shiny metal.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Howard for the reply. Not sure I know where those coin chute switches are, and because the coin unit was removed from the game (I still have it) by some previous owner, I'm not sure if that complicate things. The family member who gave me the machine said it worked fine for years (free play mode) and only recently wouldn't start up. I take it that if one of those switches you labeled isn't working properly, that that would cause the score motor not to begin and end in the home position.

It seems that the score motor does rotate 180 degrees each time it's activated, but it doesn't start in a notch and it, therefore, doesn't end up in the opposite notch. So something is causing it to stop rotating before the top #1 SM switch is opened.

#4 6 years ago

Found the problem! It was the 1E switch on the SM. Thanks Howard! It wasn't making contact when the SM rotated out of the notch. Now everything seems to work. Both ball holes at the top now eject, the blue popup bumpers now put up 100 pts on the score reel, the output hole ejects the ball to the shooter lane and the credit button works. Wow, amazing how one simple switch mis-adjustment can cause all those components (and others?) to fail. Live and learn.

Reed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider reed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-motor-on-bally-space-time?tu=reed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.