(Topic ID: 156734)

Score motor not stopping, any tips. Williams Cabaret.

By fotoboy

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by flipnout1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Cabaret-Work1_(resized).jpg
ricoh-16_(resized).jpg
ricoh-16_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello folks. Semi-newbie/rookie here.
Well I had this machine working decently then it started up with this problem. Resets ok, then the score motor goes, and the coin unit and ball count units coil clicks and clicks as the score motor rotates. I cant get it to stop on purpose without cutting the power, then it will stay off until I click on the new game button and things start over. I did notice a coil clicking (releasing) a few seconds after the power was shut off--Coin coil. Any help or pointers would be appreciated

Oh, On this machine so far I have cleaned (rebuilt) all of the score reels and frames, and cleaned up and waxed ( and new rubbered) the playfield. I also bypassed the forever buzzing lock relay. (Image of PF not related to the problem)

ricoh-16_(resized).jpgricoh-16_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Well, it is not reaching the state it wants to be in to start. The usual culprit is the score reels not going to zero position. There should be leaf switches saying they are zero.

Search around, you will find lots of material on this.

#3 8 years ago

That is a reasonable cause, but when I rebuilt the score reels, all of them were setup with the zeros working as prescribed. (part of the clean lube adjust)

#4 8 years ago

Try to isolate. Unplug coin door in case a coin switch or pinched wire there is the cause. Then the PF etc.

#5 8 years ago

Easiest way to find the problem would be to look on the schematic to see what switches send power to the score motor. Check the following relays and switches:

25 cent coin switch
25 cent relay
10 cent relay
Eject relay
Bonus reset relay
300 relay
Coin relay
Outhole relay
Reset relay
Score motor switch IND - D

#6 8 years ago

Try puttin a little finger pressure on the score motor disk with it running, you may have a stop blade bent/broken???
if not, you will need to go through it all again and rechk all the switches. it usually takes goin through a machine twice to get all the bugs out.

#7 8 years ago

Those dang bugs, isnt there some sort of pinball version of "RAID" just spray it on and your bug probem is gone..

Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Try puttin a little finger pressure on the score motor disk with it running, you may have a stop blade bent/broken???
if not, you will need to go through it all again and rechk all the switches. it usually takes goin through a machine twice to get all the bugs out.

#8 8 years ago

yup, sure is...WD-40, then start a game! POOFF!!!!! bugs all gone!
Remember, 105% possible on the reactor... but not recommended.

#9 8 years ago

Hi fotoboy +
my theory is (JPG red lines): Your Coin-Relay stays pulled - Score-Motor-Switch-5A is moved by the turning of the motor - but the upper part of the switch does NOT open. Sneak-in / around the upmost-blade a lace -> start a game -> Your phemomena begins -> gently pull upwards on the lace at the time the follower plunges into the "valley on Nylon-Wheel-5" -> You OPEN this switch - do we have luck ?

What happens in a functioning pin - "light-green": the Reset-Relay gets activated and keeps-on pulling until all Score-Reels reach "Zero-Position". "dark-green": Through pulling Coin-Relay and pulling Reset-Relay the SCM-1A does actuate the Reset-Coils on Coin-Unit and Player-Unit. "light-blue": The pulling Coin-Relay lets the Motor run. "dark-blue": You push the Replay-Button -> Replay-Relay gets activated -> "violet" -> Coin-Relay (a better word would be: Start-Relay) starts pulling and keeps-on pulling until SCM-5A opens.
"orange question marks" - If there are several faults together happening: Your phenomena could be activated through another wiring - BUT Player-Reset-Relay AND Reset-Relay would have to be faulty. Greetings Rolf

0Cabaret-Work1_(resized).jpg0Cabaret-Work1_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago

Thanks Rolf and all, I will be spending quality time with this guy in a day or two. Hope to get her back up and running.

#11 8 years ago

Well, you did say you are a semi-newb and that you rebuilt the score reels. That's alot of score reels! Also, another indicator here is that the motor never stops once a game is started. That tells me the machine thinks it's not fully reset, and is running it's motor trying to complete the reset.

At the beginning of a game, the last job the machine needs to do is reset the score reels, so if everything but the score motor stops when the reels reach "0", each reel will need another look-see. There are 3, (I think), leaf switches next to each reel. You can peek in between each reel and check each switch without even removing the reels from their housing. All switches should be open.

It's a very common problem, especially after having worked on the reels. You need to be certain each reel is OK before moving on to other causes. Several newbs think that since the score reel made it to "0" it is OK.......That is not the case.

#12 8 years ago

After you solve this and are in a happy place, please post some pics, that game looks really nice

#13 8 years ago

>I also bypassed the forever buzzing lock relay

You may have created your current problem by "solving" this one.

#14 8 years ago

Everything has to be reset to zero or one depending on what it is to start a game. The score motor will continue to run to try and make that happen until everything is reset. Look at the backglass and see if all scores are at zero, player up is at one, ball in play is reset to one, etc. Whichever one is not is the culprit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-motor-not-stopping-any-tips-williams-cabaret and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.