(Topic ID: 243464)

Score motor low voltage and slow! Where would you start?

By cyroute

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cyroute
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Jet Spin score motor (resized).jpg
20190521_083935 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So I'm working on a Gottlieb Jet Spin and the voltage at the score motor is only about 20v voltage at the fuse it is 25v. The score motor will try to run but just sits there and buzzes if I help it along it will spin but slower than it normally would. It looks as though the voltage travels through about 12 relays before getting to the score motor jack if I'm reading the schematics correctly maybe im reading it backwards. My plan was to check voltage along the path to see where I'm loosing the 4-5 volts. Not sure if anone has a easier method. The score motor ohms out correctly so i dont think that is the issue.
Thanks,
Joe

20190521_083935 (resized).jpg20190521_083935 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

Voltage is correct at the Bounce switch. More work needed.
Joe

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

Update!!! replaced the score motor motor and the game over relay it was not working. I'm pretty sure it was the game over relay pulling the voltage down but already had the motor 75% out so replaced that too. Only issue now is the coin unit wont reset back to its starting position at the start of a game it will advance but not reset.
Joe

#8 4 years ago

HowardR I was able to fix the coin unit it ended up being the AX relay. I adjusted it many time but those things can be a PITA!!
Joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cyroute.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-motor-low-voltage-and-slow-where-would-you-start?tu=cyroute and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.