You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150127_210409.jpg
20150126_183847.jpg
20150125_094617.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Ok gang score motor on a North Star running very sluggish...Normal motor about 4 seconds for a revolution, this one about 7 seconds.
20150125_094617.jpg20150125_094617.jpg

The one on the left, NorthStar with an enclosed transmission, the one on the right, a spare I had in the parts bin...

The NS sucks close to 4 amps to run, the spare takes 1.8 amps...

Any reason I shouldnt use the spare motor in NS? It does seem a little lighter weight then the NS original...

Anybody got a spare enclosed transmission style score motor to sell me?

Ken

#2 9 years ago

The motor on the left does not look like an original Gottlieb installed score motor. The one on the right looks more like an original motor. Install it and give it a try. It can't hurt.

#3 9 years ago

that is not a oem gottlieb motor, not one that I have ever seen. use your spare it would be an
Improvement even if the other one worked fine.
my guess it was replaced at one point in time
the only real difference in early 60's and mid 60's score motors is that the later style had the ability to pivot and move off of the bracket. earlier style you had to un screw it from the motor board
but both styles looked almost the same nothing like the one shown.

#4 9 years ago

As long as the output shaft of the spare motor is the same as the hole in the hub on the cam use the spare. I believe the output shaft on earlier Gottlieb score motors, aka wood rail era, were smaller.

#5 9 years ago

Score motor replaced...not as bad as I expected
20150126_183847.jpg20150126_183847.jpg

taped up on the contacts so they wouldnt fall apart

20150127_210409.jpg20150127_210409.jpg

Replacement motor installed and all the contacts reattached. Used a spare transformer to give it a test spin. Or maybe jump starting Frankenstein

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-motor-issuesswapout and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.