2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Ant16bar2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Hi I’m having a intermittently problem on my score reels . I have a cover girl Gottlieb machine that occasionally the ten point score reel will turn giving a extra 10 or sometimes 20 extra points . I have adjusted the 1 point score rejay the 10 point score relay and also the 9th position switch on the 1 score reel . Any suggestions

#2 2 years ago

Have you looked at the play field switches that score 10 points? One may just a hair too closed causing the intermittent 10 point scoring. Open that switch up a bit.

#3 2 years ago

Maybe you already did this but things I would check for would be

#1 - clean the score reel mechs making sure they have a "snappy" return/movement when manually advance them
    #2 - Check any 10 point playfield switch gap

#4 2 years ago

I’m going to go over the switches. Thank you

#5 2 years ago

Hi adjusted every switch on playfield and in cabinet still ten point relay is jumping 10- 30 points periodically.

#6 2 years ago

If you wire the misbehaving score reel coil in parallel with another score reel coil and then both score reels misbehave, that would indicate that the problem is in the driving circuit and not the score reel. I would double check the switch on the 10 point relay that drives the score reel. It may be bouncing occasionally which would send extra pulses to the score reel. The short blade of that (or any) switch needs to get pushed back by the longer, traveling blade when the switch closes.

/Mark

#7 2 years ago

Another way to diagnose this kind of high speed problem is to take a slow motion video of the mechanism with your cellphone. Then when you play it back at slow motion you can see whether the solenoid is moving twice, or the wheel is moving two positions with a single solenoid movement.

#8 2 years ago

This video technique saved myself and tomdrum a lot of time a few weeks ago. Translating to your scenario - the 1’s reel 9th position switch was putting a mechanical load on the 1’s reel. During the ringup of 5 points, the video showed the 1’s reel dragging through the 8-9-0 region. The ones reel sequence was effectively 8->8.5->8.5->9->0. So the 9th position switch was engaged too long and the subsequent motor 1A pulses also incremented the 10’s reel and extra 1 to 2 times.

#9 2 years ago

Ok fingers crossed I think I found the culprit Adjustment on the alternate relay a break or make switch .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-jumping-20-points-?hl=damoib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.