• Latest reply 12 years ago by Pinballdad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

LW3_LED_s_used.jpg
#1 12 years ago

I could not borrow pickup until Wednesday, so the seller agreed to bring the machine to me! $800 for LW3, lightly routed, PF excellent, cab is an 8, 100% functioning. I think me and the 12yr old will restore this pin, LEDs and everything, then try to sell it, unless we like it . I will bring this one back to like new. Posting before pics as soon as he gets here. Yay Monday!!!

#2 12 years ago

Sweet, and congrats. I do think, however, that ya'll will like it. The Pin is a good amount of fun.

#3 12 years ago

Congrats! Its a nice game with lots to do. It was a favorite at my last party. LED's look great in it btw!

If you want a list of what I used for LED's from Cointaker, LMK.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Please and thank you!

#5 12 years ago

Nice score, LW3 is not always appreciated but it's one of my favorites. The way the gun shooter is integrated into the gameplay itself is awesome and more than makes up for the simplicity of the playfield.

I would be careful about dumping much $ into one though as this title, even in pristine condition, just doesn't seem to bring in much of a premium.

#6 12 years ago

Congrats rommy.....It would be cool to tinker a bit with the boy and teach him a few things. Have fun and post some pics later.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Congrats! Its a nice game with lots to do. It was a favorite at my last party. LED's look great in it btw!

I have a LW3 too. I actually really like this game. I can get a pretty good flow going on it and it is kinda fast. I think you'll like it once you start playing it. I really like the Video modes that involve the trigger, the gunfight and shoot the suspects one. The fight mode with the flippers is good also.

Hey Nutty, I'd be interested in your list from Cointakers also, if you don't mind.

#8 12 years ago

Sure thing guys. I have to wait until I get home to compile the list. I re-used some LED's I had sitting around, but should still be pretty decent. I also owe Melissa from CT the list too.

BTW, my LW3 went to another Pinsider Saturday. Sad to see it go, but I needed the space for my real interest (with no luck yet sadly) FH.

#9 12 years ago

congrats on the score!

#10 12 years ago

Congrats, I enjoy mine. It has been a very good pin. I agree it can actually be pretty fast. I think it gets a bad rating just because of some of the sounds. I actually like the sounds because they are actually from the movie.

#11 12 years ago

Ok, please don't use this as the end all/be all as this was what I tried and looked good (I like super brites, so you may want to switch them up if you're not a fan) and I did my best of adding to the list what I put in that I had left over. The list should be 95% accurate:

LW3 LED's used by Nutty 5.0
Qty Item # Description
3 4+1HP555R 555 RED 4leds + 1High Power

10 555 COOL WHITE SUPER 555 COOL WHITE SUPER

10 555 YELLOW SUPER 555 YELLOW SUPER

8 555 ORANGE SUPER 555 ORANGE SUPER

17 555 RED SUPER 555 RED SUPER

5 555 GREEN SUPER 555 GREEN SUPER

32 44/47 COOL WHITE SUPER 44/47 COOL WHITE SUPER

5 44/47 ORANGE SUPER 44/47 ORANGE SUPER

10 44/47 RED SUPER 44/47 RED SUPER

3 44/47 BLUE SUPER 44/47 BLUE SUPER

8 44/47 YELLOW SUPER 44/47 YELLOW SUPER

1 44/47 GREEN SUPER 44/47 GREEN SUPER

1 89O 89 ORANGE

5 89B 89 BLUE

5 89Y 89 YELLOW

3 89CW 89 COOL WHITE

12 89R 89 RED

3 906CW 906 COOL WHITE

3 906R 906 RED

3 906O 906 ORANGE

1 44/47 GREEN SUPERFLEX 44/47 GREEN SUPER FLEX (Used for one of the 4X score inserts by right flipper)

1 SUPER 89 COOL SUPER 89 COOL WHITE
(For Mars lamp)

#12 12 years ago

Seller called yesterday said he was on his way. Never heard from him again, won't answer phone calls or emails. Go Go Craigslist.

#13 12 years ago

That's the problem Rommy I always have. There seems to be a bunch of hungry hunters and they undermine people. Gone are the days when people actually were civil and had some respect for others!

#14 12 years ago

I've had this happen to me on CL also. Its unfortunate but really a sign of the times. Don't worry I'm sure you'll find an even better pin down the road.

#15 12 years ago

So you guys think he sold it to someone else? He mentioned where the pin was being operated, at a movie theater. I was planning on calling them when they open. Grove, Ok is a tiny tiny place. I am sure the theater owns the machines as opposed to there being a dedicated operator there. That is the impression I got from our brief convo. He also indicated he was leaving town, which was the reason he gave for wanting to bring it to me instead of me picking it up tomorrow. He sounded fairly flaky, I sort of think maybe he left and the theater is still there =) . I'll call them at 11 or so and see if I get any further.

#16 12 years ago

That's exactly what I think. Hoping its not but good luck and let us know!

#17 12 years ago

Gotta love CL deals...hope it works out for you Rommy

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

So you guys think he sold it to someone else?

Someone probably offered him $850. Or $800 but they would pick it up that day cash in hand.

#19 12 years ago

Craigslist is a scary place. Three or so years ago I sold an Xbox 360 for a fair price, although not the lowest I've seen. One day after the seller bought it he demanded a refund, he said I could either give him the refund or he'd start breaking my windows. Thought about just calling the police or calling his bluff, but it just wasn't worth it. I just took it back and ended up trading it to a pawn shop that day for a Nintendo Wii. I ended up trading the Nintendo Wii for an arcade game plus $100, so in the end it all worked out.

Craigslist Rules...

1) Don't consider an item sold until you have cash in hand.
2) Don't consider an item purchased until you have the item in hand.

I typically say that 10% of people are just not nice people, but on Craigslist it has to be at least 25%.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Ok, please don't use this as the end all/be all as this was what I tried and looked good (I like super brites, so you may want to switch them up if you're not a fan) and I did my best of adding to the list what I put in that I had left over. The list should be 95% accurate:
LW3 LED's used by Nutty 5.0

Thanks for the list..

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Craigslist is a scary place. Three or so years ago I sold an Xbox 360 for a fair price, although not the lowest I've seen. One day after the seller bought it he demanded a refund, he said I could either give him the refund or he'd start breaking my windows.

That is the main reason (with the exception of a pinball purchase) that I ALWAYS meet people at a Starbucks or somewhere safe and public and never have to worry about seeing them again

#22 12 years ago

If you were wanting to fix it up to sell it like you indicated, the seller did you a favor. After all the work, and you talked about extras, I don't think you'd have any room. You'd be lucky to make your money back. LW3 isn't exactly a fast mover unless it's priced right. $800 isn't much of a score.

#23 12 years ago

I've seen a lot of stuff come up on CL this week but I'm never fast enough. In three days I made a move on a Cyclone, Addams Family, and Sinbad. The first 2 never returned my email. The Sinbad guy told me I was about the 50th person to call this morning.

Sorta bums me out but it isnt like I can afford them all. I guess it is the thrill of the hunt..

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Seller called yesterday said he was on his way. Never heard from him again, won't answer phone calls or emails. Go Go Craigslist.

Man you never know what's going on out there.
I was going to look at a NF that was over priced. made arrangments with the guy, started driving and gave him a call, no answer, never called me back. Re-listed on CL again 2-3 months later, $400 cheaper with another game. I called to look at the other game, but then "stumbled" into his NF & he knocked of another 250 becasue the NF wasn't clean, needed a little work.

you never know.

#25 12 years ago

You dodged a bullet there sir. LW3 is hands down the worst pin I've ever owned and I've had some stinkers! Okokokokokokokok....and so on. Consider yourself lucky that guy didn't show up!

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from johnkinkokomo:

Okokokokokokokok....and so on.

HAHA. I thought I heard someone mention there is a newer ROM that cuts down Pecsi's enthusiasums.

It's pretty simplistic, but I have had fun playing it. Owning it...maybe...but it would have to be cheap. Like $600.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you were wanting to fix it up to sell it like you indicated, the seller did you a favor. After all the work, and you talked about extras, I don't think you'd have any room. You'd be lucky to make your money back. LW3 isn't exactly a fast mover unless it's priced right. $800 isn't much of a score.

<<<$800 isn't much of a score>>>

I beg to differ. Perhaps 2-3 years ago. GAME OVER now a days though. $800 for 100% working and mint PF (as seller indicated) is the best deal you will find these days. I got mine for $750 but it was a year ago. Could not get one even close to that now!

LOL..go ahead and try to prove me wrong friend

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,377 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-i-think-off-of-local-cl-lw3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.