• Latest reply 5 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180509_203103 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Very new to this hobby with ltd electrical aptitude. Juist bought a working Gott Dragon. Played it a few days on the floor while I cleaned the legs up. Took the head off to put on the legs and when my back was turned, my cat climbed inside the cabinet (power off). Got her out and set it up, turned on the power and no score displays, just game/balls lit. Had a tech out and he found power to all displays. I got with a buddy and we put the board in a Solar Ride and the scores lit but I seemed to be thinking the game/balls didn't lite up. all the other head lights function. Any ideas? Thanks

20180509_203103 (resized).jpg20180509_203103 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

I would start with the ground modifications. System 1 games are notorious for having just the worst grounding planes in existence. Your cat could've easily knocked something just loose enough to cause a floating ground, causing all sorts of issues.

This should get you started: http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/index.htm#ground

The whole pinrepair article is a wealth of knowledge.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for responding. I was feeling a little out there. It is late here in Mpls And I need to get to sleep but I will be checking the article out tomorrow. Thanks again mbaumle!

kowkicker

#4 5 years ago

Do the ground update and check your power supply.
You might also check the 1uF tantaal caps on the power supply.
When they short you won't have display power.
Check www.pinwiki.com for more information.

Peter
www.inkochnito.nl

#5 5 years ago

These games have awful card connectors. Since you had everything apart and a cat was wandering around, and chewing on whatever?? ...
Inspect every cable connection and look for a connector you may have forgotten or inadvertent mis-connected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-displays-out-but-gamesballs-lights?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.