Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jmsvero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just picked up some prewar pins and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this one.

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2065

I'm trying to figure out what size balls should be in it, but I'm not having much luck locating any info.

#2 5 years ago

ive added this game to the archive
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/score-a-lite

for balls i would measure the holes and get the ball just smaller

--Jeff

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

ive added this game to the archive
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/score-a-lite
for balls i would measure the holes and get the ball just smaller
--Jeff

Thanks for adding it.

I'll have to measure, but it came with balls that I feel are just a little too big. It felt like they were putting too much pressure on the lifter and it would get bound up. I had some 7/8th balls from Signal Jr that seems to work better.

The other strange thing about this particular game is it doesn't have two physical plungers that are shown in the images. I don't know if someone added a kickback later on or if there was an option go get one from the manufacturer. I've looked at the front board and it doesn't seem like it was ever drilled out, but I don't know if the cabinet has had work done or not.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

The other strange thing about this particular game is it doesn't have two physical plungers that are shown in the images. I don't know if someone added a kickback later on or if there was an option go get one from the manufacturer

ooh post some pics! I love a good prewar mystery. Do you think its the right cabinet? Is yours the payout or standard?

If you post some pics to the pinside game i can make them a splash image

--Jeff

#5 5 years ago

I would love to see pics as well. I have the Criss Cross a Lite. Seems like this game used the same cabinet and backboard set up.
My plunger gets caught up every once in a while and fells like you are forcing something. Just needs a little adjustment.

#6 5 years ago

I'll take some more pictures when I get home today. From what I can tell it does seem like the correct cabinet. I did take one pic of it where you can see there is no plunger on the left hand side. There was a bunch of work done to it before I got it, it has been completely rewired under the play-field. I need to clean some switches and get some new lamps in, but overall it does seem to be in great shape.

From what little research I've done, it seems like this game was made so the operator could check the payout without getting up so I don't know if a payout model was made. I could be mistaken though. Mine isn't a payout model, but I haven't stripped it down completely yet to see if there are any other anomalies going on with it. I would like to put in some molex connectors so I can disconnect the play-field and pull it out without having to desolder or undo wiring.

#7 5 years ago

You shouldn't have to desolder or undo any wiring when you take out the playfield.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from jmsvero:

You shouldn't have to desolder or undo any wiring when you take out the playfield.

I know I shouldn't, but whoever owned this before me did a lot of stuff to the game, it isn't original anymore.

I uploaded some more photos of the outside of the game.

#9 5 years ago

Same cabinet as my Criss Cross a Lite.
Good Luck.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/score-a-lite?hl=jmsvero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.