• 876 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 3 years ago

So I really loved this at INDISC and want it on all my games. I've placed an order but have to say I was surprised how steep the subscription was luckily I'm the sort of crazy that pays mad money for cables and brakes but on location I worry you might have priced yourselves out.

One thing I'd add - you guys need to go talk to the pindingo guys and get them to integrate into your system. Also hoping for matchplay integration.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you say the subscription was steep... Which subscription?

collector subscription is fine Jay and once I've had a play with the system I plan to have all 35 of my games at two venues on it. It rocked at INDISC.

Operator subscription is high, even if I imagine covid hasn't happened (sadly it has and takings are down).

I feel for you guys but location pinball is challenging right now, lots of places spacing games out or having to put in shields etc.

I'm really excited about this though- one more request Logo on leaderboards please

1 week later
#103 3 years ago

review:

I love it!

2 months later
#195 3 years ago

Ref the security concerns - I think any embedded system that runs a TCP/IP stack is going to be a risk; so I banged all of my scorbit machines into an untrusted VLAN along with a bunch of other "IOT" things.

I think a global scoreboard would be fantastic!

My list of asks, I know many are on the list:

Management of locations
Auto submit scores
ability to assign names to players with no mobile phones
prioritise scorbit machines in list of games

also loving the machine usage stats:

IMG_1367 (resized).PNGIMG_1367 (resized).PNGIMG_1368 (resized).PNGIMG_1368 (resized).PNGIMG_1369 (resized).PNGIMG_1369 (resized).PNG
1 month later
#229 3 years ago

Jay, the scorbit updates are fantastic! thanks to you and the team!

I've put up a couple of screens to present the scores in my home arcade:

IMG_1608 (resized).JPGIMG_1608 (resized).JPG
IMG_1610 (resized).JPGIMG_1610 (resized).JPG
IMG_0204 2 (resized).JPGIMG_0204 2 (resized).JPG

8 months later
#321 2 years ago

can't wait for the DI code!

3 weeks later
#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
Just tested Scorbit on my DialedIn, really cool and nice integration.
This does raise quite a few questions should I decide to invest into Scorbitron for non JJP machines, specifically:
- I assume you ship from the US, so we need to add VAT and custom clearance to the Scorbitron, correct ?
- There seems to be a price drop when buying Scorbitron for multiple machines. Does this apply only for multiple units per order, or is this cumulative (say I buy one Scorbitron for my LOTR, and decide that I love it so much I want another one, will I get the 269 pricing) ?
- Same question on licencing price: if I buy a one year licence for one machine, then add another machine two months later... How is this managed ?
- Am I right to assume that the "Scorbitron" kit we buy for a given machine is actually using multiple boards, and should I need to transfer the Scorbitron to a new machine I need to buy the relevant cabling/probes/etc ? For example moving from a Spike machine to a Whitestar, I assume I need to add the DMD probe ?
- How does Spike integration work ? On JJP we have this nice QR code to scan, is it similar on Spike or is it closer to what you have for WPC ?
- Finally... Stern announced their own score/achievement system. I assume it will of course not be compatible with Scorbit ?
Regards

I'm a customer and have bought about 30 boards.

1: Yes and yes sadly!
2: Yes it reduces as you have more boards, but you don't get money back from boards you already bought.
3: not sure how they do that jsa I'm sure will answer.
4: So there are three options for grabbing the score -> DMD, Digital display and serial - but many more combinations for the power grab of the board. So if you go from SAM to SAM or WPC to WPC you don't need anything different. But if you go WPC to SAM then you'll need the updated power cables.
5: You can print QR codes for all games and scan them, I do this and it works really well. Spike 2 doesn't display anything on screen and Spike 2 grabs scores from the USB port of the CPU.
6: Stern are doing their own thing which I get but Scorbit is open and it would be great if Stern supported Scorbit especially considering Scorbit supports ALL_ stern games not just Spike 2. Sterns Insider System and Scorbit can co-exist and I hope Stern work with Scorbit to realise that.

Scorbit has some epic capabilities in Scorbitvision and now has DTM and Matchplay integration for tournaments; Stern isn't interested in a pinball wide ecosystem unsurprisingly but its needed and hopefully they will do the minimum. Let's be honest, Nobody is going to buy a pinball machine because of its online system, its not going to differentiate any manufacturer therefore co-opitition makes sense, or let Scorbit and others pay a license to use online capabilities on the games. I'd be happy to pick that cost up. As an online geek scorbit is epic. We have it at our pinball club and the punters love getting their names on the top of the high score board which we reset every month and have prices for best scores at the end of the year.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.54.35 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.54.35 (resized).png

image0 (resized).JPGimage0 (resized).JPG

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

JJP says scorbit is free for woz. All that's needed is an AC600wireless usb adapter to update to 7.04 code?

yup thats right I have it on my dialled in and it worked fantastically.

#387 2 years ago

I pay just under $200 a year for Scorbit service and in that I've got achievements, high score tables, integration with matchplay/DTM, SDK that allows me to hook this system into anything I chose on as many games as I like. Given what we spend on pinball it seems like a bargain to me.

#405 2 years ago

The S button always takes me back to the list of venues in my local area. I think the dual location area is what caused your other areas. I had that once and had a similar issue in tracking the game down. I'm more used to use the claim approach which works really well for me.

Neil.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I wondered the same thing.

The way that Scorbit is architected makes me think that isn't the issue but something else maybe. They have built this from the ground up as a server less platform so it can autoscale when needed.

Neil.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How can it be a serverless platform? It's been stated there's a cloud instance which captures all the data

hmm, why couldn't it be? There are many facets to what Scorbit needs to do as part of the platform. Collecting data is only one aspect of this.

serverless approach just means you aren't bogged down by infrastructure. We use this type of architecture for our TV platform. Jay and his team are super experienced Internet platform guys (legends in some circles) and I'm pretty confident that scaling is one thing they will have got right.

Neil.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I guess I’m conflating “server” with “centralized platform as a service”. There has to be something managing the data, analysis and connections being pushed to. Somehow I made the leap that you were implying Scorbit is 100% peer to peer

https://aws.amazon.com/serverless/

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Serverless is just a silly buzzword, at the end of the day the app is speaking to a server rack in some data centre no mater what you want to call it.

it most certainly is not a buzzword.

6 months later
#586 1 year ago

I find it hard to believe Stern management know about this, they are not idiots - you would have to assume that this is perhaps a rogue employee or something. Surely a large multi-million dollar company such as Stern would realise the penalties for such behaviour (in multiple jurisdictions) are pretty hefty, I mean look at what EU fines are alone! https://ec.europa.eu/competition-policy/system/files/2021-01/factsheet_fines_en.pdf

and the EU is pretty active in going after companies no matter what the size! Worth Stern doing an internal investigation and setting out some mandatory training about doing business legally - many organisations do this today.

Regards,
Neil

2 months later
#652 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning everyone,
Quick question, is there a way through Scorbitvision to have multiple machines showing up on a single screen ? I currently only have one Scorbit enabled machine (DialedIn LE), planning to buy Scorbitron for some legacy machines (Tron, LOTR), and would love to have all scores showed up on a single screen driven by a RPI or something equivalent.
There seems to be the option of "Combo board", which I presume does exactly that, but there's no public combo board from what I could see so can't check them out
Also, would be super nice if Slideshows could take another source of data besides scoreboard/leaderboard and image. For example another html page, that would be update separately
That would allow, for example, to actually also connect other content (video or otherwise), or even scores from non pinball machine (emulated arcade machine for ex). Just a thought.
Thanks

https://sv.scorbit.io/viewer/comboboards/11

7 months later
#738 1 year ago

Nothing will be bricked.

#808 1 year ago

I'm so disappointed in this. Sadly, I'm not surprised by it given my own experience with JJP leadership and management, which actually doesn't seem to exist. They actually on stream put their two fingers up to every customer and all 10,000 connected pinball machines and said fuck you customer. I'm sure JJP will be a case study on how not to run a company. With Steve Richie joining I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and was looking forward to buying Steve's next game but not sure I can look myself in the mirror and do that.

What is utter shocking is the total lack of respect for Scorbit - a small organisation with some super talented folks who literally got a punch in the face for doing an amazing job. If you are someone doing business with these honourless asshats see what the future might hold.

What is even more crazy is the relationship with mirco who unlike scorbit pissed off more customers than imaginable yet still JJP works with them? Customers really don't come into their plans at all.

Jay, we want Scorbit on JJP games, we want it on all games and we know that's Scorbit's mission and that's why we are all so disappointed in what is the most ridiculous decision ever, please make it happen.

Cheers,
Neil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.