6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5187.JPG
    IMG_5176.JPG
    IMG_5168.JPG
    IMG_5163.JPG
    9024C4F9-BBD8-482B-9C7F-B9A764C3297F (resized).jpeg
    top_image.jpeg
    image (resized).png
    IMG_0797 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 months ago

Live now at INDISC. You'll see it incorporated in the stream later.

1 week later
    #7 6 months ago

Perhaps, it's hard to know what their methodology is and how much is built out. Our patent/tech sounds like it may be a few years ahead but you never know.

Building a small device that is designed to work with everything was super difficult. I admire anyone taking this on.

Ultimately to us, it's refreshing to see this kind of thing. People have discussed and desired these concepts for years but as you can see it's harder than it sounds! We feel folks like this can take advantage of our platform as well, since we're Internet guys we built something that can support just about any data you want to throw at us, whether you use our hardware or not.

1 month later
    #8 4 months ago

Scorbit will be at the Balls of Steel Pinball Lounge booth at TPF!

We'll be there to demo the platform and answer any questions.

Many thanks to xerico and the TPF folks for making it possible. Come see the demo live!

image (resized).png

1 week later
    #12 3 months ago

Yep, we have a problem with Celery, we're fixing. Thanks again guys!

#15 3 months ago

9024C4F9-BBD8-482B-9C7F-B9A764C3297F (resized).jpeg

#16 3 months ago

TPF was so much fun, thanks to xerico and everyone else who made this possible. Here's a few more photos from the event.

Our banner flies high!

IMG_5163.JPG

Trusty intern hard at work:

IMG_5168.JPG

ColorDMD showed up to install on Star Trek, so we give you our first double-topper:

IMG_5176.JPG

Flash Gordon is a super fun game, and even better with Scorbit.

IMG_5187.JPG

#18 3 months ago
    Quoted from Compy:

Excellent show Jay, Andy & Intern (forgot your name, sorry!)
    Great meeting you in person, talking shop and looking in-depth at the product. Looking forward to more in the future for sure. Exciting times for all eras of pinball.
    -- Jimmy

It was Ben (@frogo) who is our intern. He also happens to be my son, but he gets no special treatment.

@86Pixels we couldn't have done it without you! I can't wait to continue our conversations and integrations. This is going to be amazing!

3 months later
    #25 21 days ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I hope Scorbit and Stern can work together on an API or something to tie everything together. It's a win-win.

Thanks! We're right there with you.

Quoted from mettle64:

I have a project or two in mind that require data that would potentially be made available with this device like player and score. I'm also interested in drawing conclusions about the "game state". My plan was to use a webcam or two fed into machine learning algorithms to draw conclusions about the game state based on insert lighting and DMD contents.
    Having direct access to this information through a sufficiently low latency API would be faster and more reliable so I'm very interested in the Scorbit. It sounds like the most common use cases involve sending data that isn't particularly urgent over the internet. Are there any plans to make very granular "game state" data available locally (looks like a USB connector in one of your photos) and with minimal latency?

The simplest way to answer that is yes, as the Scorbitron is designed to know the game state itself before passing the the API. Our probe architecture is set up so that we could create a number of ways to get that information to you locally. We could either get the data to you serially, or develop a probe that can give you state-based triggers... but we would need to know more about what you want to do.

Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

What is is that stern is doing, according to this article?

I'm not sure it says, but Stern has been public about future machines having some connectivity. I find it's not useful for me to speculate on what they plan on doing. I'm just not a fan of walled gardens, as they say.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'll admit that I'm skeptical of the product idea in general. I just don't believe pinball is a great fit for this kind of tracking, even across just one machine's day to day lifespan things play so differently, but I'm pretty into the photos of that sweet looking Star Trek!

Fair enough. Though I will say that operators managing many machines in public venues might want to know what's up because of those lifespan issues, so it depends on the audience, I guess.

#27 21 days ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

But you've all thought this through already I'm sure, so if I'm missing something or not representing things right please correct me.

I wouldn't say that you've missed anything! I think we're with you on head-to-head or even some kinds of virtual tournaments for hard core players. That's not our focus. We're more interested in things more like achievements or casual group/social elements than hard-core virtual numbers, which of course can't be exactly the same on games that change at all times. You could argue the same is true at a tournament, as the game is played more the last person to play plays a different game than the first.

That being said, real-time scoring and game data has lots of other value (not just to tournaments, which alone I think is pretty fun). The key is to prioritize the ones that get people the most excited. This all depends on the type of player, and there are many different types.

...and I love the translite, by the way.

#30 19 days ago

Great ideas all, keep them coming.

Quoted from flynnibus:

- Imagine if you combined identification with score reporting... You could even build systems that incorporated 'buying entries' as part of the workflow

Just to be clear, we do combine identification with reporting, for various purposes as you suggest. It's not all about scores!

#34 19 days ago
    Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

the value proposition for private owners i find rather weak as well. I'm into actually into another gadget and also into the idea of cennectivity, but simple score comparison...? I dont care to compare myself. I dont care how others play. I know my own game and know to value that, regardless of others...
    As a private owner I might be interested in specific drain characteristics and KPIs... How does my machine compare to others in the drain ratios between the various drain possibibilities... does this maybe mean my machine is not set up correctly. That type od stuff...

As we said, score comparison isn't really what this is about...that's just an example. I do compete against friends, but that's one simple use case. The features and value proposition for home users will be more obvious as we show the use cases. Stay tuned on for that.

Quoted from bcrage88:

If this tool could automate the scorekeeper function for competitive tournaments and integrate with DTM then I would be sold. Imagine a world without scorekeepers for tournaments the player would validate the score themselves on a tablet or something and TD would only intervene if the score was wrong.

We've already integrated fully with DTM and automate the scorekeeper functions, as we demonstrated at INDISC 2019, with many improvements to come.

Quoted from russdx:

Definitely think this is aimed at local tournaments / operators or at least that's where I see it being most popular/useful with the online scores for just a bit of fun / gimmick.

We shall see! Stay tuned.

#44 14 days ago

Scorbit does not rely on direct communication between the phone and the embedded device within the venue. The device talks to the cloud and your phone talks to the cloud. It is true, however, that we have to be good at the device’s connectivity, which is why it helps we are experts in that field.

This is not to disparage any other device such as a Bluetooth-based service. In fact, we are compatible with them and can operate at the same time.

#47 13 days ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Awesome.
    Bluetooth is great in some regards, but definitely has it's limitations. Be curious to see how things develop.

Agreed. We may end up using BTLE to streamline onboarding further, to be determined. It’s great for things like that or proximity ranking, etc.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 218.00
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 149.00
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 218.00
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 26.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jsa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside