• 876 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holminone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#362 2 years ago

Scorbit is missing the mark. My first impression is they didn’t solve for the most obvious thing which is viewing results by machine relative to current time. For example I don’t give a crap if someone scored 547 million and Guns N’ Roses six days ago. I want to know how my 13 1/2 million stacks up against all the people who played the game in the last hour two hours etc.

For the life of me I can’t find this view. And I don’t give a crap about achievements. I don’t wanna think about my game as achievements like silly iPhone games.

#365 2 years ago

Yeah that’s super helpful. I guess the main construct that I expected but didn’t see out of the box was the concept of following pinball machines as being equal or greater importance to following people. I get the whole people orientation of it, but technically I want to follow the machine in all instances the machine anywhere and the related scores of those machines.

So in this sense it’s kind of like fortnight or Strava (strava has people following but the main UI construct is the ROUTE and SEGMENTS you ride). Your performance in a segment is auto rated both all time and daily. With the machine centric view, twenty seven people playing at the same time throughout the globe might be automatically grouped behind the scenes (like fortnight). Or the user would have a choice to “virtually compete” with an active game without that other player necessarily having to consent. But if they did consent (challenge) it opens up more collaboration or comparative analysis between individuals.

The other thing is there was no easy way for me to find and or follow all users who own or have played a title so I can mass follow this group in order to back into a machine centric view.

#367 2 years ago

Yes the game specific leaderboard is exactly what I’m looking for and the fact you can time constrain it is cool. You guys have so many great options to take the app to!

My challenge I think I was just looking at the app and not the broader website and how your building out the config there before you round out the app. Makes perfect sense now. Nice work! Super exciting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,400 (OBO)
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider holminone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread?tu=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.